Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
FYI, Kids do ask!!! But to be honest with you. Two women kissing each other does not bother me. However two bearded men kissing each does...Does that answer your question.
It tells me you would like to be the filling in a two-girl manwich.

I'm not crazy about bearded kissing, either. Beards are itchy.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
In other words, the OP wants to pretend we don't exist.

Have you ever seen a couple just got married and are on their honey moon? We just got told by our friends and family to pretend like we're a couple of guy friends when we go on our honeymoon for our own safety.

Thank you OP for supporting homophobia and promoting the closet.
Exactly. Kissing is fine, as long as heterosexuals are doing it. When I kiss my wife, it is an expression of love, caring, and fidelity, which is the same meaning of a kiss when good husbands kiss their wives. I prefer not to call such attitudes homophobia; it's prejudice and bigotry really.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:23 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Wow in 2017 I can't believe this is even a question. It's natural when two people in love kiss.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by as111 View Post
Or maybe we could call it like it is and tell our children they're in love?
But it has to do with sex, and many parents don't want to take a chance with educating their kids about sex. This is because parents fear learning about it will arouse a child's curiosity enough to try engaging in sex acts. And many of them sure don't want them trying out sex with the same sex. So they don't want their children to see men kissing or holding hands in public. The same with two women.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Selective outrage - complain about a 2 second "gay kiss" but not about longer erectile dysfunction ads.
Daddy, whats an erection, why can't that old man get one without a pill, and why is that old lady smiling?.
For most kids, imaging their parents or grandparents doing it is grosser than seeing 2 younger & clothed men kissing.
99.9% of all people without Dementia hate the erectile dysfunction ads. It is not a partisan data point.

The part that cracks me up is when that milf wife or girlfriend (there's one in every ad) raises her eyebrows and smiles.....it seems like a Saturday Night Live skit and not a TV commercial.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Wow in 2017 I can't believe this is even a question. It's natural when two people in love kiss.
Happily, all the old homophobes will eventually die off. The generations that are following these old bigots are much more socially liberal. Twenty-five years from now we'll look back at these backward thinking individuals and marvel at their ignorance and bigotry.

No matter how much the OP wishes it otherwise, humanity does progress.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:35 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I bet it's not questionable or considered offensive in Massachusetts, but sure likely is in the fly over states.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Happily, all the old homophobes will eventually die off. The generations that are following these old bigots are much more socially liberal. Twenty-five years from now we'll look back at these backward thinking individuals and marvel at their ignorance and bigotry.

No matter how much the OP wishes it otherwise, humanity does progress.
If you think all homophobes are old you're mistaken. What do you think most homophobes teach their children about homosexuality?

Old 04-02-2017, 11:41 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
This thread is as silly as the OP. Misses the mark on about 10 different levels (here's 5 off the top of my head).

1. Gay people have just as much right to be miserable in a marriage (or relationship) as straight people.

2. Who watches Commercials anymore? I don't think I've watched one in 14 years.

3. What's the bank's rate for car loans?

4. Will they give me a toaster if I open an account there?

5. All banks suck (at least they've sucked since they stopped giving away toasters). Even the banks that pretend that they don't suck & that they really care....they suck too.

hound <----- former banker.

I have been pro gay marriage from the beginning and said a long time ago that wading into that alligator pond carried a lot of risk but if they want all the headaches that go along with divorce such as alimony, division of community property, child custody and visitation rights, inheritance rights--then go for it. Countless millions of heterosexual couples regret for the rest of their lives marrying the person they married. Millions of couples simply stay together because divorcing is too expensive. (We all probably know a few of them.) Not only that if you are married you are responsible for the other person's debts and that kind of mess can haunt you for years--long after a divorce. As unmarried homosexuals at least they can walk away from a relationship-gone-bad without losing the shirt off their backs.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:43 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What I find actually truly shocking in that add is that ANYONE would be naive enough to think that a bank wants to do things for love. Really, people?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies