Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:48 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I have seen and heard American leftists make the argument that muslims who come to America assimilate better than those who go to other countries. Some of them really do think "it's different here".
It was different here. We *were* better. Unfortunately, not so much anymore.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:49 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Or you could, you know, just grow up and stop believing that a belief system started and spread by a 7th century illiterate goat herder turned war-lord with a magic flying horse is something that *actually* needs to be respected or taken seriously?

Dumbass indeed!
All Islam means is submission to God. That religion was started by Adam (as), not Muhammad (saw).

Education is key here, when you don't even understand basic fundamental nuances of a topic, it's best to shut up and not talk about them.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Face it, your religion produces terrible outcomes for societies.
Again, education is key here. The greatest empires and nations of the middle ages through the 19th century were Islamic Caliphates...when they actually followed Islamic rules and dogma in Governments.

What you see today exhibits what happens with fiefdoms, dictators, anarchy and the aftermath of colonialism.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:53 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
How are they any different than a good many Christians, though? I know so many Christians that think if you're not Christian you're wrong and if they can figure out how to minister to you and get you to join them, they will.

I do not think that this is a characteristic unique to Muslims and people are always free to say "no, thanks."

Which is what I do to all religious people, because I'm agnostic. I even dated a Muslim and he knew I was never going to convert. He wanted to marry me anyway, but I broke up with him for non-religious reasons.

Eh. I think people freak out too much over this stuff. Nobody's forcing anyone to become a Muslim or a Christian. Nobody makes people join cults of any kind. If you want to avoid such things, work on educating your mind and you can avoid the traps of people who want to rule your head.
the topic was Moderate Muslim Trojan Horse, not evangelicals. this was just an unnecessary counterpoint not related to my post.

But to the bold. These Christians you mention may try to sway you to joining their religion but they do not attempt to sway you as to your clothes, hair covering, who walks in front of whom, who can talk to whom, what you drink or eat, can you leave the house without a male, can you even have a dog, etc.

A Mormon missionary or a Jehovah's Witness may come to my door and ask me about whatever or hand me a tract but they do not tell me not to drink coffee or to wear long skirts.

that is how they are different.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
the topic was Moderate Muslim Trojan Horse, not evangelicals. this was just an unnecessary counterpoint not related to my post.

But to the bold. These Christians you mention may try to sway you to joining their religion but they do not attempt to sway you as to your clothes, hair covering, who walks in front of whom, who can talk to whom, what you drink or eat, can you leave the house without a male, can you even have a dog, etc.

A Mormon missionary or a Jehovah's Witness may come to my door and ask me about whatever or hand me a tract but they do not tell me not to drink coffee or to wear long skirts.

that is how they are different.
Moral Majority facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Moral Majority

"The Moral Majority supported collective prayer in public schools, the widespread teaching of Christian scriptures as superior to the findings of modern science, as in its support of creationism, and lobbied for these goals throughout the United States. The group took a strict pro-life stance, advocating the reversal of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade (1973) that permitted abortions."

"The Moral Majority also played a role in blocking the adoption of the Equal Rights Amendment, which was supported by women's organizations, as defending vulnerable members of society.

The First Amendment - Teaching - PatRobertson.com

"There is nothing in the Constitution about separation of church and state. It doesn't exist."

So in short...the Christian right will deny women their rights to abortions (and even commit acts of terrorism to do so), deny teaching modern science in public schools, advocate for school prayers, vote against equal rights bills, does not believe in the separation of Church & State, will delve us in to Middle East wars and insane support for Israel in order to fulfill perceived biblical prophecies, and work diligently to make sure our kids don't know what a condom is or why it's important to use one....yet....

You highlight the <1% Muslim population in the USA that are generally more educated, higher income earners with very little political power and showing almost no signs of becoming even a remotely dominant minority any time soon.

Islamophobia much?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The sky is falling, the sky is falling; run for your lives.......

Is there an American genetic predilection towards fear induced paranoia? It's a wonder they aren't sawing all the legs off their beds.....oh, wait............

There's no evidence that Muslims can be radicalized, right? Shall I bring up the several terrorist acts they have committed on our soil already? But feel free to make fun of common sense. It's what you people do.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:11 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There's no evidence that Muslims can be radicalized, right? Shall I bring up the several terrorist acts they have committed on our soil already? But feel free to make fun of common sense. It's what you people do.
Shall you watch this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwXN-szA1NI

Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No close friends that are, just work friends. Have zero issues, with them. I do how ever have several close Chaldean friends that had their entire families ran out of Iraq , and they tell me a much different story on the Muslim cult then I see here.
That being said, personally I don't like any religions but the Islamic ideology I have the most distain for than others.
Which just highlights the problem with letting one religion dominate an entire country.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
"Moderate" muslims may very well breed "fanatical" muslims. Feel good PCs are enabling what is happening in Europe.
And Christians are breeding fanatics, too. And so are atheists. Bottom line is that mental issues allow groups to latch on to people and create fanatics.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
History doesn't support your fear. You have no valid premise to establish such a claim. Your comment is an obvious political narrative.
Except that it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies