Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:18 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
My response would have been to take out a Tazer or a club and stopped the idiot. Hell, I might have just shot him. This is why I could never be a policeman.
LOL, right! Me either. I would not keep my composure.

It's not like this doesn't happen to male officers in the U.S. That's how people get shot by police. This guy was lucky to be in Sweden.

I could post countless vids of male officers getting beat by a criminal or angry big man.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. So you know the hiring practices of Sweden now? Gotta love the internet where everyone claims to know something about everything.
Wow, that was a really pathetic post. You're trying to move the goal posts, but your post is a total fail.

Again, they didn't do their jobs. They could not do their jobs. If they can't do the job, they should not have the job.

Not a difficult concept.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wow, that was a really pathetic post. You're trying to move the goal posts, but your post is a total fail.

Again, they didn't do their jobs. They could not do their jobs. If they can't do the job, they should not have the job.

Not a difficult concept.
Actually, what's pathetic is your attempt to claim "progressive " hiring by Sweden is the reason for these officers situation. It's an idiotic thing to claim.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, what's pathetic is your attempt to claim "progressive " hiring by Sweden is the reason for these officers situation. It's an idiotic thing to claim.
Exactly, for all we know this guy is high on PCP, and it was impossible for anything less than 6 officers to put him down. If you guys are acting like instead of three police officers their would be a male police officer. No that is not how the real world works. Instead of one strong male police officer their would likely be less police officers and a slower response time for this guy to harm someone. Again police officers aren't some elite unit they need quantity over quality in most cases.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:34 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
The police academies in Sweden are considered lower-level academic institutions and have a 3.5-4 year programme for graduating. The approval rate is low, so it's definitely not easy to become a cop there.

But in this incident all levels of training just seemed to collapse. I'm still quite sure the officers are very adept at their jobs 99.9% of the time and this was an anomaly. Then, are all-women patrols a good idea? No, I don't think so, and neither do most of the European law enforcement agencies.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Not a difficult concept.
What was the end result?

Was he apprehended after this person stopped filming?

Old 04-03-2017, 04:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Exactly, for all we know this guy is high on PCP, and it was impossible for anything less than 6 officers to put him down. If you guys are acting like instead of three police officers their would be a male police officer. No that is not how the real world works. Instead of one strong male police officer their would likely be less police officers and a slower response time for this guy to harm someone. Again police officers aren't some elite unit they need quantity over quality in most cases.
(Rolls eyes). We've all seen too many female officers thrown around like limp rag dolls. A very few can handle the job, but not all. Our police ARE an elite unit. They stand between us and the bad guys. Three cops who can't control one bad guy should turn in their badges and go flip burgers for a living. In America we're given useless female police officers while various wimps connive to remove our gun rights.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:59 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
(Rolls eyes). We've all seen too many female officers thrown around like limp rag dolls. A very few can handle the job, but not all. Our police ARE an elite unit. They stand between us and the bad guys. Three cops who can't control one bad guy should turn in their badges and go flip burgers for a living. In America we're given useless female police officers while various wimps connive to remove our gun rights.
Precisely. Just watch any videos where you have male and female officers. It's always the same thing. The male cops pounce on the guy while the female cop(s) may grab a leg or most often just pull out their gun yelling "freeze!" for all the good that does.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Proper Police Take Downs from around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAncIBpQCZE

Old 04-03-2017, 05:12 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Jeezus how embarrassing for them. I was shocked at watching this. The guy shakes off three cops. The cops looked to worried about getting hurt instead of getting the guy apprehended. You can't have someone openly walking away from them like that. I wished I knew what the backstory was. Does Sweden not allow their police to use any form of protection for themselves. That jerk was throwing rocks and openly destroying the police car.

Even if they don't have guns they should at least have tazers or a big ol' meaty nightstick.

That boy would have gotten a few of those night stick blast from me. LOL. Anyone ever see one of that babies up close. I think I rather get shot than blasted on the head from one of those suckers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies