Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Leander Perez: Boss of the Delta

I'd laugh my butt off if this "Hispanic" was banned under "No Spanish Allowed", he was 1 of Bull Connor's white supremacist buddies during Jim Crow 50 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Yes, it is and no they are not.

There is a difference, the health problems that affect whites, do not necessarily affect hispanics.
So before the Spanish came, they were Indians, Aztecs, Mayans...so why do native americans get a box to check and we don't?

By everyone's definition here, everyone is white except black people, and we know that is not true. I wouldn't call an asian person white, nor would i call a native american person white or a middle eastern person for that matter.

Oh, so how many "hispanic people" do you actually know? I am going to assume not that many. I live around, with, and have many hispanic friends. If I told them what you said, the answers would range from, "no, to hell no, to wth are you crazy?"

So no we do not consider ourselves white.
--in millions? FROM South Fl- and i agree

Old 04-04-2017, 03:26 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't understand your point? Culturally and linguistically, there are certainly similarities between Latin American countries.

Just like culturally and linguistically, there are similarities between the US, Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

BUT, that does not affect the RACIAL identity or classification of an individual who happens to reside in those countries. The "Anglosphere" is a cultural classification, but not a racial one. Even being called an "Anglo" identifies cultural - not racial or even ethnic - identity. After all, an Italian-American can be identified as an "Anglo" for all purposes in juxtaposition from

My father - from Portugal - is NOT an Anglo. But he is also not a Latino. He IS Latin. And he is not any other race than European/white.
Very true. I think the whole identifying as "Latino" or "Latina" is rather silly. I have lived in Italy and if any nation on this planet has a right to call themselves "Latino" or "Latina" it's Italians since they overall are the direct decedents of the Romans, yet they would laugh at you if you called them Latino. They realize Latin was and still is a language, not a race or conglomerate of people living in certain countries and Italian is considered by most scholars of languages to be the closest to Latin, not Spanish. For goodness sake, not even ancient Romans called themselves Latino although that was their native language.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:31 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Very true. I think the whole identifying as "Latino" or "Latina" is rather silly. I have lived in Italy and if any nation on this planet has a right to call themselves "Latino" or "Latina" it's Italians since they overall are the direct decedents of the Romans, yet they would laugh at you if you called them Latino. They realize Latin was and still is a language, not a race or conglomerate of people living in certain countries. For goodness sake, not even ancient Romans called themselves Latino although that was their native language.
Very true. I think the whole identifying as "Latino" or "Latina" is rather silly.

why- people identify by their culture--?how is that silly-
trumpettes- afro americans, new yorkers- cowboys - la raza and so forth-- they show their pride in their culture- I got it--some don't have any---

Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How do you know? You're not Latino as you keep reminding us.
I have "Latino" family (Colombian, Mexican), as well as friends with heritage and family in various Latin American countries... from Venezuela, to Colombia, Mexico, Guatemala and Puerto Rico. I've also traveled to Latin countries in Europe and South America. I live in South Florida.

THAT is how I know.

"Latino" denotes a loose cultural and linguistic heritage/geographical designation in Latin America. Not a RACIAL one.

Besides, you're Puerto Rican. If there's anyone in the Latin world that, for example, south Americans DON'T want speaking for them in terms of their identity and race, it's Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. So maybe you should stop pretending you speak for Latinos.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:02 AM

368 posts, read 454,031 times
Vast majority of Hispanics are MIXED. some of these posters are f****n dumb stg

Let me reiterate that, most "Hispanics/Latinos" in the United States are mixed race. Most of the populatiom in most Latin American countries are mixed race. If you look up on the internet youll find that theres PLENTY of sources that prove this, despite many of em in the US identifying as white and actual whites supporting this to up their numbers, they are mixed theres countless sources that prove it. Or even look with your own eyes at these Hispanics you"ll see most are either native american or a white-black mix. Go to California, Chicago, and certain parts of Texas and youll see spanish speaking native americans (mexicans) most mexicans look like george lopez, or go to Central Florida and da Northeast region like NYC Philly Boston and youll see Hispanics that look like Drake & Beyonce (PuertoRicans/Dominicans).

Hispanics had the same discrimination as blacks, ever hurd of the Young Lords (Rican) or da Brown berets (mexican), these were groups that fought as white discrimination from whites in the 1960s and 70s. Hispanics also live in poor dangerous ghettos, South Central La, East LA, parts of Houston, Westside of Chicago, North Philadelphia, the Bronx, and theres countless more. Sh!!t, the most dangerous city in the country, Camden NJ, is predominately Puerto Rican/Hispanic.

Puerto Ricans in the mainland US have incarceration rates just as high as american blacks, if not slightly higher, but since they are a smaller group and the country so stuck the "black victim", that nobody else suffers or struggles. Ya'll d!!ckheads dont wana look up sh!!t, and pretend most hispanics are white, and live fine n dandy lives. Ever time I post in threads like these I feel like Im teaching a 4th grade class. Shut TF up and educate yourself. Yall probably think Native americans are a myth. Google is free.

Last edited by Spreadofknowledge; 04-05-2017 at 10:30 AM..

Old 04-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Any race than can handle chili peppers and tequila is not easily killed off.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 AM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofknowledge View Post
Vast majority of Hispanics are MIXED. some of these posters are f****n dumb stg

Let me reiterate that, most "Hispanics/Latinos" in the United States are mixed race. Most of the populatiom in most Latin American countries are mixed race. If you look up on the internet youll find that theres PLENTY of sources that prove this, despite many of em in the US identifying as white and actual whites supporting this to up their numbers, they are mixed theres countless sources that prove it. Or even look with your own eyes at these Hispanics you"ll see most are either native american or a white-black mix. Go to California, Chicago, and certain parts of Texas and youll see spanish speaking native americans (mexicans) most mexicans look like george lopez, or go to Central Florida and da Northeast region like NYC Philly Boston and youll see Hispanics that look like Drake & Beyonce (PuertoRicans/Dominicans).

Hispanics had the same discrimination as blacks, ever hurd of the Young Lords (Rican) or da Brown berets (mexican), these were groups that fought as white discrimination from whites in the 1960s and 70s. Hispanics also live in poor dangerous ghettos, South Central La, East LA, parts of Houston, Westside of Chicago, North Philadelphia, the Bronx, and theres countless more. Sh!!t, the most dangerous city in the country, Camden NJ, is predominately Puerto Rican/Hispanic.

Puerto Ricans in the mainland US have incarceration rates just as high as american blacks, if not slightly higher, but since they are a smaller group and the country so stuck the "black victim", that nobody else suffers or struggles. Ya'll d!!ckheads dont wana look up sh!!t, and pretend most hispanics are white, and live fine n dandy lives. Ever time I post in threads like these I feel like Im teaching a 4th grade class. Shut TF up and educate yourself. Yall probably think Native americans are a myth. Google is free.

I agree with you that Hispanics are usually a mix on this continent. That includes white in the mix also. Yes, an original native American is a myth as all of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the Ameridians whom most refer to erroneously as the only native Americans. Everyone born here is a native American.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:36 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_08.pdf

They outlive non-hispanic whites despite whites having a clear "advantage" when it comes to health insurance.
Better lifestyle. Better family connections. Better eating choices. A Hispanic family is more likely to make arroz con pollo at home as opposed to pulling a microwaveable pizza out of a fridge

Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
The live longer because they work harder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies