Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascan
In my experience Mexican-Americans tend to react with amusement at the way some white Americans especially try to peg them to one of the "standard" racial categories, if anything seems like they receive a lot of comments asking if they're Asian of some sort. But it's irritating to them when someone categorically says "you are white". No, they're not, nor Asian nor any other such simple category. They are a distinctive people, genetically as well as ethnically (unique blood types and other bio-markers for example) and can't be fit into the other categories at all.

Mexicans are a "distinctive people" the way Americans (residents of the US) are "distinctive people".... there is surely an "average" genetic profile of a "typical" United States citizen.

But that doesn't make "American" a race. Nor does it make "Mexican" a race.

SOME Mexicans (maybe MOST) look a certain way. SOME fit the "average" genetic profile. But that doesn't make MEXICAN a race. It makes those particular Mexicans A "mixed race" people.

I know this destroys many fantasies of "La raza cosmica" but that's biology and science.

Mexican is a nationality, not a race. Same with "Latino."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 08:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokinouta

so, you aren't considered "white" here to make the population look bigger. You are considered latino to make the latino population bigger.

exactly.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Like hell they weren't racist.

There was a VERY intricate heiracrhy based on colorism and ancestry in Latin America. For example, white/white being the top of the heap, then different classifications and statuses for mestizos, for black/Indian vs. black/white or indian/white marriages....

Yes, that clasification happened, but the matter here is that while in the Hispanic Viceroyalties Mix marriages were allowed, in the British Colonies it was forbiden. Protestant pastors refused to marry a black man with a white woman and an indians with a whites.

the Same happened in Australia, New Zealand and India. Wherever the British empire reached Racism arrived.

Quote:
The Anglosphere does not really include Pakistanis or Indians. They had already an indigenous language and legal system.

They are part of the Commonwealth. They are Anglosphere.

Quote:

England, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand all share very similar cultures.

And Belice.

Quote:
From the cultural entertainment exports (movies, music) to sports (of which the US is actually the outlier)... to foods and customs and IMPORTANTLY... LEGAL systems.

US doesn't have a Governor of the Queen who might abolish the parliament and rule the arm in stead of the Prime minister. Thus its legal system is not that of the Other Colonies of England. Canada, New Zealand and Australia do have a Governor who may eliminate their parliaments and rule their army.

Quote:
Any resident of the Anglosphere can assimilate nicely in any other Anglosphere country that was predominantly populated and colonized first by England. Same thing with Latin Americans moving in and around Latin America. And yes, ORIGINALLY, the Anglosphere had a severe common protestant culture that was shared.

And the fact is that the Protestantism of the Anglosphere was always a State device of control of the citizens souls to obey king's orders despite Moral issues. If you control the religión you control the Morality of the Criminal acts of genocide and exterminium

Quote:

It still doesn't make "Anglican" or "Brittanica" a race or ethnicity.

"A" "culture".

Quote:
Same as with Latin America. The Spaniards/Portuguese were the first and primary colonizers. But since then there have been many others. Just look at how Brazil downplayed Portugal's importance in its opening ceremonies... spending more time with highlighting slavery and even Arab immigrants!!

Brasil and Portugal departed from The Hispanic sense of unity when they were the fist to embrace British Masonry and worked in alignment to its satanic puposes.

Quote:

Alberto Fujimori, btw, as well as Pope Francis... would like to have a word with you about his BLOOD BOND with Spain and Portugal.

Pope Francis is descendant of Italians, half of Italy was ruled by the Kings of Spain for centuries from Nápoles to Milan including Turin the Alps and Sicily, The Romans ruled Spain and the Spanish Kings ruled Italy centuries later.

There is far much more in común between Hispanics and Italians than between Nordics and British or even between British and Germans, in all aspects from Genetics, Traditions, Religión, Language and History.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
You people are ignorant. Hispanic isn't a race and most Hispanics are white.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Family - they keep the family around. The Abuela or the old man is never sent away to some forgotten home. Because I'm in fla I see so many lonely old white people, it's terrible. The Hispanic old people are taken to the house parties, BBQs , kids birthdays etc, active lifestyle. And last. Music, they still dance, even if older.
I agree with this. Familial connections and lack of loneliness matters in longevity more than what people realize.

Also Hispanics I bet get more fiber due to their diet. Even if they are Americanized, like all immigrant groups, they keep their family recipes. I know some Chicanas whose families have lived in the midwest for 4-5 generations, yet they still make their traditional Mexican dishes often. One is a longtime friend and she and her mom and grandmother taught me to me tamales when I was a girl. They make like 5000 every Thanksgiving lol.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:24 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_08.pdf

They outlive non-hispanic whites despite whites having a clear "advantage" when it comes to health insurance.
I cringe when anyone says "non-hispanic" whites. Like there's a difference between "hispanic" whites and "non-hispanic" whites.

Everything about the so-called "hispanic" group is made up. Everything

It's a demographic that didn't even exist before the last 35 years. They completely made it up out of thin air by artificially grouping a bunch of unrelated people.

It's amazing that they're actually trying to keep medical data and draw ridiculous conclusions about an ethnic group that started out as a purely political fabrication. There's no such thing as a "hispanic".

Old 04-04-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
We are only considered "white" to make the caucasian population look bigger than it is, hence strength in numbers. Either that or whenever its convenient for them
Nope. Most "hispanics" consider themselves white and always have.

Especially the older generation who remember when the category did not exist. Before 1970s-80s, nearly all people of "Spanish-speaking" origin were white. They were artificially made into a fake minority group in the 70s by bureaucrats.

The "hispanic" group was a political fabrication.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, Hispanic is not a race it's a culture with the common denominator of the Spanish language.
The "hispanic" term literally means nothing. There has never been a concrete definition:

"Hispanics" are:

• not a specific racial origin or ancestry. They can be of any race.
  • not a specific national origin. They can be from any one of dozens of different countries.
  • not a specific culture. There are hundreds of different cultures in all those countries that don't share significant commonality. Sit a Cuban down and ask them what culture they share with Mexican-Americans - They wouldn't know.
  • not even defined by language. 35% don't speak Spanish at all. Soon the majority will not.
To be "hispanic", one just has to be related to a person that once spoke Spanish.

How can anyone pretend to draw meaningful medical conclusions about an ethnic group that's so loosely defined? I bet the CDC wouldn't even be able to tell me what a "hispanic" is. Nobody can. It means whatever people want it to mean.

They use "hispanic" statistics to make bogus political claims and get federal funding and minority protections ( which were originally intended for black people) from the government. That's all it's about.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
You people are ignorant. Hispanic isn't a race and most Hispanics are white.
Yes, it is and no they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I cringe when anyone says "non-hispanic" whites. Like there's a difference between "hispanic" whites and "non-hispanic" whites.

Everything about the so-called "hispanic" group is made up. Everything

It's a demographic that didn't even exist before the last 35 years. They completely made it up out of thin air by artificially grouping a bunch of unrelated people.

It's amazing that they're actually trying to keep medical data and draw ridiculous conclusions about an ethnic group that started out as a purely political fabrication. There's no such thing as a "hispanic".
There is a difference, the health problems that affect whites, do not necessarily affect hispanics.
So before the Spanish came, they were Indians, Aztecs, Mayans...so why do native americans get a box to check and we don't?

By everyone's definition here, everyone is white except black people, and we know that is not true. I wouldn't call an asian person white, nor would i call a native american person white or a middle eastern person for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nope. Most "hispanics" consider themselves white and always have.

Especially the older generation who remember when the category did not exist. Before 1970s-80s, nearly all people of "Spanish-speaking" origin were white. They were artificially made into a fake minority group in the 70s by bureaucrats.

The "hispanic" group was a political fabrication.
Oh, so how many "hispanic people" do you actually know? I am going to assume not that many. I live around, with, and have many hispanic friends. If I told them what you said, the answers would range from, "no, to hell no, to wth are you crazy?"

So no we do not consider ourselves white.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:10 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Yes, it is and no they are not.

There is a difference, the health problems that affect whites, do not necessarily affect hispanics.
So before the Spanish came, they were Indians, Aztecs, Mayans...so why do native americans get a box to check and we don't?

By everyone's definition here, everyone is white except black people, and we know that is not true. I wouldn't call an asian person white, nor would i call a native american person white or a middle eastern person for that matter.

Oh, so how many "hispanic people" do you actually know? I am going to assume not that many. I live around, with, and have many hispanic friends. If I told them what you said, the answers would range from, "no, to hell no, to wth are you crazy?"

So no we do not consider ourselves white.
(b) Hispanics may be of any race, so also are included in applicable race categories

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies