Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 07:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

As TPM states:
Quote:
Trump simply hasn’t been able to get much of anything done. He continues to treat executive orders as a kind of proxy for legislation, even though the great majority of his EOs have pretty minimal effect. A new president whose party controls Congress should pass a mass of legislation in his first months in office. That’s been true of Trump’s last three predecessors – each of whom had total or near total control of Congress. Trump is well into his first hundred days, has passed no substantial legislation and looks unlikely to do so any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here is the denial mindset that is perpetuating this crap. It means, he is YOUR President... Your BOSS, your Daddy.
This is a nation of states, not of people. It is not the United People of America on our header.
Nope... he's really not my BOSS or my Daddy. He is the president, though I don't personally claim him as any sort of person I endorse. I can not endorse him the entire time he's in office.

The president serves at the will of the people, not the other way around. This isn't North Korea... yet.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Still hasnt rounded up gays and minority's etc
Or put blacks in chains as ole Joe Biden said. The only thing the left has is fear mongering.

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
From TPM:

Trump simply hasn’t been able to get much of anything done. He continues to treat executive orders as a kind of proxy for legislation, even though the great majority of his EOs have pretty minimal effect. A new president whose party controls Congress should pass a mass of legislation in his first months in office. That’s been true of Trump’s last three predecessors – each of whom had total or near total control of Congress. Trump is well into his first hundred days, has passed no substantial legislation and looks unlikely to do so any time soon.

Exactly. It's odd that a guy who have every means of legislative support he would need to change the government in every possible way still can't change much of anything. Trump is full of hot air, and a lot of Congress is hesitant to support him. Congresspeople aren't stupid; they know the midterms are upon them and being on board with his extreme policy views would amount to political suicide when reelection time comes.

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is POTUS? I thought he wasn't a serious candidate, wouldn't get the nomination, would drop out if he were nominated, wouldn't win against Hillary, would drop out if elected POTUS and you're telling me he is POTUS! Are you sure?

I thought they were talking about a "redo" of the election, maybe running Cruz to give Hillary a better chance.

There was something too about the electoral college.......

It is sad they can't move on and that those in Congress are acting like 2 year olds that didn't get their way and are now obstructing our government moving forward because "It was time." The only thing it is time for is for those people to pull their heads out of their butts and act like responsible adults and do the job they were elected to do.
Congress is controlled by Republicans, buddy.

Democrats might decide not to confirm a SCOTUS nominee or whatever, but quit trying to paint them all as big babies. Your boy, Mitch McTurtleneck tried to SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT because he didn't like Obama's budget.

Sheesh.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So? Keep harping on how he won the election just as Trump himself does; that's his only bragging point anymore. He hasn't kept his promises and has made himself look like an incompetent fool in an amazingly short amount of time. He's even alienated his core voter base; poor working class Americans because he has turned his back on them and cutting the programs he said he would leave intact.
What can you say about a party that hasn’t learned anything from humiliating defeats -- an unprecedented string of national losses at the polls in the last three elections?

Overall, on the state level the Democratic Party is now at its weakest point in nearly 100 years. On the national level, Trump won because people wanted change and they simply could not get over the chain of deceit and dishonesty exhibited by Democrat standard-bearer Hillary Clinton.

So seriously scooby, should he have rammed a healthcare law through before anyone got to read it like Democrats did. Democrats F'd it all up and it's up to R's to untangle the screwup. I'd rather they take their time and DEBATE it instead of just doing it so they can say they did it. So get a grip.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is sad they can't move on and that those in Congress are acting like 2 year olds that didn't get their way and are now obstructing our government moving forward because "It was time." The only thing it is time for is for those people to pull their heads out of their butts and act like responsible adults and do the job they were elected to do.
Absolutely! Democrats should show the same courtesy and decorum that Republicans in Congress extended to Obama for 8 years.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
It's April, and Trump's still POTUS
Oh, ok. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you think you were the only one who knew that.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:12 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope... he's really not my BOSS or my Daddy. He is the president,..
You two may have pinpointed what's behind the divide.

One group wants a Daddy and/or Boss, someone who will take care of them and protect them from the all the bad, bad things in the world.

The other group is looking for a Chief Executive Officer, someone to manage the business affairs of the nation.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-03-2017 at 08:53 AM..

Old 04-03-2017, 08:16 AM

221 posts, read 335,578 times
I'll bet that in just under 8 years from now President Trump will vacate the office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies