Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 11:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Stop deflecting, the question is about trump. Obama left -hilly lost -we are discussing - this administration.
You need to look up the definition of the word deflection in the dictionary. Evilcart was the one who brought up Obama/made a claim about Obama BEFORE member BOS2IAD mentioned Obama. BOS2IAD was refuting evilcart's claim about Obama in the post you replied to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 05:00 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Now----Is there ANY other reason she would be reviewing and following up on intel, that might be an official part of her job and that might not be to DESTROY anybody's political opposition? And treason? Is SHE accused of communicating with an enemy foreign power? Didn't think so.

Have you come up with that reason yet? Think REALLY hard. A strain maybe, but you can do it.
Clearly, she was supposed to say, oh wait, that is a trump person? OK, there must not be anything wrong with what they are involved in, even though they came up in a questionable situation. No, don't pursue any further information about it, even though it is part of the job.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:13 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
As I have said it is as if 40% of our nation has lost their collective minds. Let's be honest here, before Trump these very same posters would have taken all these reports of possible Russian involvement much more seriously. It goes without saying that they would not have dismissed them had the rumors swirled around Bill Clinton or any other Democrat.

The collective anger at Obama has left them open to being completely blinded by Teflon Don. They could see an ABSCAM like video of Pence handing a briefcase of money with a thank you to a Russian official and blame CNN for broadcasting it instead of accepting what they saw. Like the defenders of Joe Paterno if this goes badly they will defend him to the end. Of course like Paterno history will look at Trump completely differently than they do.

Simply amazing..

Old 04-05-2017, 06:08 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I just really hope we don't have anymore "work place violence".
What work place violence, and what does that have to do with anything?

Old 04-05-2017, 06:10 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why does it have to be your life?
I live in this country, and at the end of the day, I have to consider what is a threat to me.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:12 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What is wrong with these people? When did right-wing conservatives put Russian interests as more important the US interests and support a foreign puppet in our government?
they're a coalition of people who don't really see politics in rational terms.

post-rational, i would call them, as if facts aren't facts and nobody can be trusted. Trump speaks to them on a sort of primitive level that doesn't involve thinking, the same way that people on Fox News and talk radio do. Trump has just hijacked the basic strategy of right-wing media and made it into a successful campaign.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As I have said it is as if 40% of our nation has lost their collective minds. Let's be honest here, before Trump these very same posters would have taken all these reports of possible Russian involvement much more seriously. It goes without saying that they would not have dismissed them had the rumors swirled around Bill Clinton or any other Democrat.

The collective anger at Obama has left them open to being completely blinded by Teflon Don. They could see an ABSCAM like video of Pence handing a briefcase of money with a thank you to a Russian official and blame CNN for broadcasting it instead of accepting what they saw. Like the defenders of Joe Paterno if this goes badly they will defend him to the end. Of course like Paterno history will look at Trump completely differently than they do.

Simply amazing..
It isn't amazing at all if you delve just a little bit into the right wing authoritarian personality.

"Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

I have to admire, in a snarky cynical way, the GOP/RW PACs recognizing and taking advantage of this sociological research. Their support for hate radio and stilted presentations of opinion as "news" (Fox) are paying them great dividends. Their followers are extremely compliant and unwilling to analyze or even question the pronouncements sent down to them from on high. Whatever today's BS "talking point" might be, the dittohead followers dutifully swallow it whole and then wield it like a weapon against any point of view not in lockstep agreement with their own.

We see this played out repeatedly each day in this forum.

What will the Dems/Libs do to counter it? So far, their answer appears to be: "We'll twiddle our thumbs and keep tossing out dumb statements about gay marriage, Muslim refugees, and illegal aliens."

Why won't they wake up and fight back against this crap? Why won't they emphasize their superior economic poilcies?

I'm losing patience with their passivity. It's their fault that tRump is in the WH damaging America.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:54 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It isn't amazing at all if you delve just a little bit into the right wing authoritarian personality.

"Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

I have to admire, in a snarky cynical way, the GOP/RW PACs recognizing and taking advantage of this sociological research. Their support for hate radio and stilted presentations of opinion as "news" (Fox) are paying them great dividends. Their followers are extremely compliant and unwilling to analyze or even question the pronouncements sent down to them from on high. Whatever today's BS "talking point" might be, the dittohead followers dutifully swallow it whole and then wield it like a weapon against any point of view not in lockstep agreement with their own.

We see this played out repeatedly each day in this forum.

What will the Dems/Libs do to counter it? So far, their answer appears to be: "We'll twiddle our thumbs and keep tossing out dumb statements about gay marriage, Muslim refugees, and illegal aliens."

Why won't they wake up and fight back against this crap? Why won't they emphasize their superior economic poilcies?

I'm losing patience with their passivity. It's their fault that tRump is in the WH damaging America.

I am not buying that the conservative is somehow wired or programmed differently. Up until a year ago they were perfectly rational. They opposed abortion, I am pro choice. Fundamental differences but again perfectly rational. But this behavior is simply not rational. It is simply not normal to see all these reports and simply dismiss them as the mean old media picking on their guy.

I don't know what happened but I sure as Hell deserve to find out. Why on Earth would Michael Flynn, just months after saying you don't ask for immunity if you did nothing wrong, make this embarrassing plea for immunity if there is nothing to this story? Come on now, use your brain people!

Old 04-05-2017, 07:00 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How have Democrats ever threatened my life in the 30 years I've been on this planet?
Let's be clear. The post to which you replied above asserted that Democrats are the biggest danger to America, not to your life.

There is a considerable difference.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
But this behavior is simply not rational. It is simply not normal to see all these reports and simply dismiss them as the mean old media picking on their guy.
You have to be completely biased blind not to see that the MSM does indeed "pick on" conservative and or GOP pols.

This is not even a contested point any longer.

The MSM have been carrying water for 0bama and Hillary and BC for years.

The arrogance of the self-proclaimed elitist MSM and progressives-Democrats goes hand-in-hand, and I believe it accounts for and explains much of the attitude and behavior of the MSM and the progressives-Democrats.

That attitude comes from the elitist arrogance which makes the MSM and prog-Dems believe that they know what is best for the ignorant masses, and that as such, the ends (their ends) justify the means that they employ to achieve their ends.

MSM giving Hillary debate questions...

It is this arrogance and self-perceived knowing what is best for the ignorant masses that leads prog-Dems to believe that the Constitution is an obstacle to their ends. This is why prog-Dems prefer judges who are willing to legislate from the bench liberal policies that they could not gain in Congress and why they despise judges who are originalists.

Its becoming more clear by the minute that 0bama and the prog-Dems, who have previously used the Executive Branch as their own political machine to obstruct those who dissent from their political ideology, have hatched a plan to accuse Trump's people of collusion with the Russians (Gasp!) in order to spy on their political opponents.

Ain't it odd that 0bama first stated that Russian interference did not affect our election, yet, he subsequently ordered the investigation?

And, ain't it odd that we now learn that 0bama's team was spying on Trump's team a whole year before the election?

Why am I not concerned about Russian influence in the US POTUS election? I am, of course. But, I do not believe that the Russians impacted our recent election, and the investigation that has gone on for 9 months now has revealed NOTHING to suggest that Trump or his team did anything egregiously wrong.

But, 0bama's team has been spying on its political opponents. And the MSM and prog-Dems stick their heads up their collective butts.

Ain't it odd that Susan (it was the video) Rice a few weeks ago claimed to have NO knowledge of spying on Trump's team, and now she admits that she asked for the unmasking of several US citizens, and claims that she did so for no political purpose.

If you buy that load of horse pucky from Susan (it was the video) Rice, I have some swampland that you might be interested in buying!

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 04-05-2017 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies