Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

God, I wish I had known more about Bernie Sanders during the pre election and election. I would have voted for him. He is rational, sane, intelligent, articulate, and makes a whole lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUJn8GyfyU

The haters will be out in full force soon, but this man is such a contrast to the buffoon some people thrust upon the American public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 05:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
The problem here is that you say how great he is, and praise him for being so much greater than the "buffoon" we have now, which is setting the bar extremely low. In fact he wasn't even able to out smart Hillary, who was outsmarted by the "buffoon" you despise. He was a snake oil salesmen himself, and also did not deserve to be in the White House.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:50 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
God, I wish I had known more about Bernie Sanders during the pre election and election. I would have voted for him. He is rational, sane, intelligent, articulate, and makes a whole lot of sense.

The haters will be out in full force soon, but this man is such a contrast to the buffoon some people thrust upon the American public.
well Bernie is light years ahead of Trump. but i felt it was too far to drag the right wing, pity they don't show us the same respect, maybe we should just completely give up trying to meet the Right wing in the middle and use the same dirty tricks, lies and propaganda BS they do.

Bernie, want to build a nation for the people. Republicans want to enrich the rich. They of course need to lie about it and thus they have never stopped with the fear, the hate, the lies needed to keep people believing that public healthcare, worker rights and strong wages are bad...

funny really you would a conservative person would in fact support social safety nets, mental health care, health security etc. But they have been lied to so long, and Fox has led them so well, they really believe their own mom's should not get any MY money. After all it blue states that carry the union..

Old 04-04-2017, 05:53 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The problem here is that you say how great he is, and praise him for being so much greater than the "buffoon" we have now, which is setting the bar extremely low. In fact he wasn't even able to out smart Hillary, who was outsmarted by the "buffoon" you despise. He was a snake oil salesmen himself, and also did not deserve to be in the White House.
Bernie lost to hillary because the dems knew we would have a hard to time getting swing voters to elect what you guys would have branded a communist.

Turns out we were wrong, Barnum was right. Trump lied , trumpers bought the lie and they will support him for at least 6 month a year, maybe even 2. But sooner or later they will leave him as they slowly figure out what we have know since he was caught lying about paid actors at the foot of the escalator...

Old 04-04-2017, 06:42 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Bernie is delusional, and he should go buy a rocking chair and then retire.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
I voted for Bern in the primary, but it was in vain.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:33 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Crackpot, his "odd" ideas would just make things worse.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:24 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Bernie lost to hillary because the dems knew we would have a hard to time getting swing voters to elect what you guys would have branded a communist.

Turns out we were wrong, Barnum was right. Trump lied , trumpers bought the lie and they will support him for at least 6 month a year, maybe even 2. But sooner or later they will leave him as they slowly figure out what we have know since he was caught lying about paid actors at the foot of the escalator...
We had zero good choices this past election cycle, that included Trump, Bernie, Hillary...and even the guy I voted for, Gary Johnson. None of them are the type of leader we need.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:

Bernie is horrible with supporting his own arguments. Some of his surrogates do a better job.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:37 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:

I would have voted for Sanders too. I would have voted for anyone besides the two we had to pick between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies