Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 11:00 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,383,910 times

Advertisements

Reading all the anti-illegal immigrant, and sometimes the occasional anti-legal immigrant posts, I always wonder why everybody is targeting the immigrants who are "stealing the jobs", and absolutely no one is willing to blame the employers. Why is nobody complaining about the sleazebags who choose to hire illegals instead of American citizens? Why is nobody complaining about the tech companies who hire from abroad instead of trying to find college graduates here in the United States? If you support Trump's Wall, shouldn't you also support heavier penalties/restrictions on the scummy owners using illegal labor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 11:11 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,830,346 times
E-verify for every employer.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:44 AM

27,391 posts, read 15,508,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Reading all the anti-illegal immigrant, and sometimes the occasional anti-legal immigrant posts, I always wonder why everybody is targeting the immigrants who are "stealing the jobs", and absolutely no one is willing to blame the employers. Why is nobody complaining about the sleazebags who choose to hire illegals instead of American citizens? Why is nobody complaining about the tech companies who hire from abroad instead of trying to find college graduates here in the United States? If you support Trump's Wall, shouldn't you also support heavier penalties/restrictions on the scummy owners using illegal labor?
You incorrectly assume this.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:37 AM

45,380 posts, read 26,653,474 times
Quote:
What hiring practices do you employ?

Old 04-05-2017, 04:39 AM

51,737 posts, read 26,048,191 times
Quote:
Exactly.

If they went after employers, the whole immigration mess would be cleared up in a couple months.

This is how other nations keep a handle on outsiders getting jobs meant for citizens. They penalize employers.

This whole wall and deportation nonsense is for show.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:50 AM

20,141 posts, read 16,274,128 times
Quote:
Absolutely, I have been saying this all along. They need to mandate e-verify and enforce it with hefty fines. Additionally, any H-1b or H-2b visas should come with a requirement to pay at 10-15% special tax of the prevailing wage for the job since the reason those employers "need" to employ immigrants isn't that there aren't Americans willing to do the job, it's that that there aren't Americans willing to do the job at the wage they are offering. Immigrant employees, whether legal or illegal, are a tool employers use to unnaturally deflate wages for all workers in an industry.

By the way, one of the other people who repeatedly said this was Mitt Romney.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:56 AM

45,380 posts, read 26,653,474 times
yes it's time for the folks who never so much as ran a lemonade stand tell business owners how to run their shops.
Tell us more, experts

Old 04-05-2017, 05:04 AM

20,141 posts, read 16,274,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yes it's time for the folks who never so much as ran a lemonade stand tell business owners how to run their shops.
This isn't about telling them running their shops, it's about expecting them to not break the law.

I am sick and tired of paying for safety net programs, along with hefty additional education costs (minimum $2,700 per child from a non-primary English speaking home) so that Bob the Builder can pay $3 less a hour. If Bob needs to make $3/hr more profit then he needs to raise his prices or figure out how to be more efficient. If no one in the industry is allowed to employ at unnatural bargain basement wages then he can fairly compete. If this means consumer goods or housing cost more, then it does. Who the current blind eye policy really hurts are employers who try to do the right thing.

I don't think it is too much to ask a business person to only hire American citizens.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:10 AM

35,851 posts, read 21,265,020 times
They won't even bring it up - and trumpettes completely IGNORE you- facts- a lot of LOBBYING going on- not to use E-Verify and 2- NOT the true agenda-- there are others that are illegal- like a large segment of Polish people
Aug 25, 2016
In the summer of 1980, Donald Trump faced a big problem. For six months, undocumented Polish laborers had been clearing the future site of Trump Tower, his signature real estate project on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue, where he now lives, maintains his private offices and hosts his presidential campaign.The men were putting in 12-hour shifts with inadequate safety equipment at subpar wages that their contractor paid sporadically, if at all.

So that was 1980- you say- I know for a fact Tampa Trump tower that folded-2007- had illegals working it. HE does want CHEAP LABOR__

The wall is about something else-- not illegal workers- or even DRUGS-
I think the same reasons the nazis did what they did, is why a lot of things are happening under this administration- and not just about brown people, or poor and sick people- but an change of the democratic system- and why his family is in - all in the pudding.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:11 AM

45,672 posts, read 24,165,007 times
20 states have e-verify and most have penalties associated with the process. http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigra...erify-faq.aspx

Illegal immigration is on a decline and has been for 8 years now.

Problem is the people who have been allowed to live here for 20 years or more. They should just be given a path to citizenship. Most have businesses are not using social programs and are just trying to live here. The govt. has allowed them by having them 'check in', not giving them legal status but not deporting them. They may start to now but is that the 'right' thing to do. Families being split up because the govt. couldn't get its act together before is not right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies