Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 PM

33,311 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
YES!

I also vote for the following:

- a mental health evaluation by a panel of psychiatrists
- a polygraph test
- release of 5-10 years of tax returns
- divestiture from his businesses
So you think only men should be allowed to be POTUS (and I am male).

Diagnosis of Kimchee: TDS, and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Horrible idea. All you would get are pandering career politicians or right-wing hawks.

The system worked just fine. The Democrats did this to themselves. If Bernie had not been cheated out of the nomination, Trump would never have been President. People wanted change and the Democrats ran a pandering status-quo candidate.
I agree. I was considering voting for Bernie and if it came down to him and Trump, I most likely would have voted for him. Both candidates had flaws but at least Bernie does not have the personal flaws that Trump has IMO.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I have a better idea. Democrats should learn some lessons from their failure to put forth a credible candidate and always have a plan B waiting in the wings, instead of thinking they can showcase one candidate who is problematic and assuming people are going to support her just because she's a Democrat.

That would have eliminated the guy winning the election in the first place.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In the wake of Trump, I think we need to take a serious look at a new amendment to the Constitution. I am sure Democrats would support this and Republicans would as well under a normal administration (they would oppose it under Trump).

A) Any candidate running for President of the United States must have either held a public office or served in the military at some point in their life prior to running for President. That public office can be a national level, state level, or municipal level office, but any candidate should have served at some point in their past. Any branch of military service would also suffice.

B) Presidential cabinet appointees must have either held a public office, served in the military, or worked in the private sector in a position that is related to the cabinet position they are being appointed to.

I believe this will safeguard us from ever having another President as incompetent and "in over his head" as this one. What do you think?
I agree it would have kept the Kenyan and Clindong out of office.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Even at his worst, Obama was far more competent and had far more respect for the office and its responsibilities than Trump.
Of course an Obamaphile would believe that.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:29 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
No one who is obese should ever be allowed to be president.

That includes Clinton and Trump.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:30 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
In the wake of Trump, I think we need to take a serious look at a new amendment to the Constitution. I am sure Democrats would support this and Republicans would as well under a normal administration (they would oppose it under Trump).

A) Any candidate running for President of the United States must have either held a public office or served in the military at some point in their life prior to running for President. That public office can be a national level, state level, or municipal level office, but any candidate should have served at some point in their past. Any branch of military service would also suffice.

B) Presidential cabinet appointees must have either held a public office, served in the military, or worked in the private sector in a position that is related to the cabinet position they are being appointed to.

I believe this will safeguard us from ever having another President as incompetent and "in over his head" as this one. What do you think?
1. I don't think this president is in over his head.

2. If I did taxes for H&R Block for 10 years, does that make me qualified to be the Commissioner of the IRS? If I was a County sheriff for 10 years and was a supply clerk in the Army before that, am I qualified to be POTUS? If I was a professor who taught physics for 20 years right out of grad school but never held any position outside a college campus, am I qualified to run the Department of Energy? I don't think so.

2. I would like to say no one should be president without at least 3 years of executive experience in their background. That includes lawyers who have spent 20 plus years in the US Senate with no previous record of running anything. Not qualified.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
So Trump's motto was Make America Great Again.

When America was Great there was a career politician in office right?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:55 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
The problem with Trump is not just that he has no relevant experience or know-how. He is also mentally unfit to be President. That is actually the main problem. Take a more "normal" person with only a business background and he/she might do a credible job.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:59 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Let's prevent college professors from taking political offices of any kind, including cabinet positions. Those guys live in fantasy land, not the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies