Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:16 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times

Advertisements

I'm anti-pet so even more reason to like Trump.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I'm not pro or anti pet -- that's silly -- but it doesn't matter.

That's the least of our concerns. lol

Old 04-06-2017, 06:30 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder how much time liberal media is dedicating to this blockbuster news lol while they ignore the Obama administration spying on civilians.
Exactly. There will be all sorts of non-issue threads started to deflect.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:33 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
If this is the kind of news you're interested in, I feel sorry for you.

Says the man with dogfood as a user name !

Old 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
His ex-wife probably agrees
All three of them, probably.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:38 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wonder who is taking care of the Obama's "for show" pets? They haven't been home since the election.
I don't know anything about Obama's pets, but I seem to recall as soon as Bill and Hillary left the White House, they gave their cat to someone else.

I highly suspect many White House pets are more for show than any real love for the animal itself.

Would be interesting to do some research about Presidents who left office and whether the pets stayed with them, or were given away when they left office or shortly after.

If Trump doesn't want a pet, more power to him. Having a pet for show is a huge disservice to the poor animal you choose for your photo ops.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I don't know anything about Obama's pets, but I seem to recall as soon as Bill and Hillary left the White House, they gave their cat to someone else.

I highly suspect many White House pets are more for show than any real love for the animal itself.

Would be interesting to do some research about Presidents who left office and whether the pets stayed with them, or were given away when they left office or shortly after.

If Trump doesn't want a pet, more power to him. Having a pet for show is a huge disservice to the poor animal you choose for your photo ops.

That is an excellent point, and I totally agree that it would be despicable to get a pet just for appearances sake, and I hope that the Trumps will not, because there is no doubt that they are not pet people. More telling that he is never known to have EVER had a pet. People who have never bonded with an animal usually have some anti-social symptoms, and Trump has most of those without a doubt!

Old 04-07-2017, 02:40 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The sanctioned trophy hunts for big cats in Africa are done to keep the population la within certain tolerances. Scientists decide how many of them the sanctuary can support, and when the number exceeds it animals are culled. They have two choices. They can pay one of the park rangers to shoot a lion or they can take $50,000 from a trophy hunter and use that money to improve or even expand the sanctuary.

If a lion is to be shot, do you disagree with having that death result in more funds to keep the sanctuary operating and possibly expanding?

The quickest way to make lions extinct would be to ban hunting.
If lions have no monetary value, farmers will wipe them out.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:06 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm not really sure why this is a political question, or even an issue. I think it would be nice if Barron had a pet, if he wants one, but I don't think anyone should ever get a pet to enhance their image, or because it's good "optics."

The only reason anyone should ever get a pet is because they truly want it, will take good care of it, and will love it.

If the Trumps choose to get a pet, and take good care of that pet, good for them.

If they choose not to, it's probably for the best, and people who really care about animals will accept that and stop complaining.
Exactly.

And where are the Water Dogs these days? Certainly not with their family they've had for the past few years. Poor dogs. I always felt sorry for them.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:37 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
But he looks disgusting and Melania is beautiful...
But he is 70 years old. He looked pretty good in his younger years (hot-even) and I think he has a certain magnetism, even at his age. I don't think he looks disgusting though. They say there is someone for everyone and he found his Melania... Love is for all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies