Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It looks like you've got me there. I've probably been unknowingly lumping that with the hunting of endangered animals. If it has to be done, it might as well benefit the sanctuary. I guess part of it is just not understanding the appeal of shooting something I can't eat. I don't understand catch and release fishing, either. Why bother?
Just to clarify, I only condone trophy hunting of things like big cats when it is overseen by a park or sanctuary that have scientists establishing population numbers and when the fee goes directly forward conservation.

That being said, if some wealthy person wanted to pay so I could go on a trophy hunt to shoot a lion, I wouldn't. Although I would know it should be done and benefits the wildlife, I could not shoot one.

Now, it's not as noble as it might seem. Although I won't shoot a cute deer or as awe inspiring lion, I will shoot, clean and eat a feral pig on a buddy's property. And, yes, it's due to them not being cute or noble in appearance. Now, if someone else shoots Bambi, I'm going to eat me some back strap and jalapeño Bambi sausage.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:25 PM

7 posts, read 3,828 times
Many of you are just beyond mean and petty! I have never had any interest in animals, and I was raised on a farm with plenty of animals. My siblings all have multiple animals and they respect that I do not feel as they do about animals... the word here is "respect". I am a preschool teacher and love and adore children, so I am not what many would say cold hearted. I have friends who are childless and don't enjoy children, and I respect them and would never think to chastise them for being honest about that.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTulip123 View Post
Many of you are just beyond mean and petty! I have never had any interest in animals, and I was raised on a farm with plenty of animals. My siblings all have multiple animals and they respect that I do not feel as they do about animals... the word here is "respect". I am a preschool teacher and love and adore children, so I am not what many would say cold hearted. I have friends who are childless and don't enjoy children, and I respect them and would never think to chastise them for being honest about that.
So you hate my cat?

Old 04-06-2017, 01:31 PM

7 posts, read 3,828 times
I never once used the word "hate".......

Old 04-06-2017, 01:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just to clarify, I only condone trophy hunting of things like big cats when it is overseen by a park or sanctuary that have scientists establishing population numbers and when the fee goes directly forward conservation.

That being said, if some wealthy person wanted to pay so I could go on a trophy hunt to shoot a lion, I wouldn't. Although I would know it should be done and benefits the wildlife, I could not shoot one.

Now, it's not as noble as it might seem. Although I won't shoot a cute deer or as awe inspiring lion, I will shoot, clean and eat a feral pig on a buddy's property. And, yes, it's due to them not being cute or noble in appearance. Now, if someone else shoots Bambi, I'm going to eat me some back strap and jalapeño Bambi sausage.
Your honesty is refreshing. I love venison, but I'm not sure I could shoot a deer, either. I think I could, but there's no guarantee that I wouldn't cry afterward. It would be a tough call for me, as I had a roommate once who had a tame deer as a pet. (I've had a weird life.)

BTW, when you get your hands on some of that back strap and sausage, do let me know. *drools*

Old 04-06-2017, 01:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTulip123 View Post
I never once used the word "hate".......
What part of "winky joke face" did you miss?

Old 04-06-2017, 01:38 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Trumps are city folks. They live on the umpteenth floor of a gilded tower in the middle of Manhattan. What would they do with a dog there. I doubt the Trumps have ever walked on grass much less walked a dog.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trumps are city folks. They live on the umpteenth floor of a gilded tower in the middle of Manhattan. What would they do with a dog there. I doubt the Trumps have ever walked on grass much less walked a dog.
In my best Trump voice, "This is Beauregard Winton Trump. He is worth over a billion dollars and could have won that Westmeyer dog show about a dozen times. He speaks five languages fluently, including French Poodle and German Shepherd. His water and caviar dishes are solid gold. And here, turn around Bo, check out the size of his testicles; he could get any ***** he wants."

Old 04-06-2017, 01:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
I thought Jared was his pet.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
This is probably the only thing trump has done that I agree with.

He's apparently never had a pet.

People who don't want a pet shouldn't be pressured to get one. Same goes for children :-)
Agreed. I don't care if he has a pet or not.

I feel like he'd neglect it like he does all his kids, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies