Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2017, 06:22 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Looks like North Korea may be next. Strap in folks, it may get bumpy
This seriously scares me. I have friends in South Korea, and they are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
The CNN anchor did not get what she expected, so she tried cutting it short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc
That was a spectacle. I was watching that at the time and thought wow, they didn't want that to happen.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump is going to fire some missiles at North Korea then run away like he did in Syria?
Mission Accomplished!
Something tells me after firing missiles at the North, he won't be able to run away. That will be it. Game on!
We better take the leader out quick.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Something tells me after firing missiles at the North, he won't be able to run away. That will be it. Game on!
We better take the leader out quick.
The ideology is gone, now it is about preserving power, NK will not provoke anything that will cause the Kim family regime to fall.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Now even Trump admin is saying it didn't make sense that Assad ordered the gas attack.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:53 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Now even Trump admin is saying it didn't make sense that Assad ordered the gas attack.
That is my biggest problem. Since when does any investigation get completed in 48 hrs? Is it probable Assad did this? Yes. Is it possible al Qaeda or Isis had a hand yes? Is it possible it was as Russia said that it was an accident? Yes.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:56 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
The CNN anchor did not get what she expected, so she tried cutting it short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc
Thank you Nostradamus!

Old 04-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
That is my biggest problem. Since when does any investigation get completed in 48 hrs? Is it probable Assad did this? Yes. Is it possible al Qaeda or Isis had a hand yes? Is it possible it was as Russia said that it was an accident? Yes.
There was no evidence, and they just pulled the trigger anyway. This is why the founding fathers wanted the Congress decide when the nation goes to war. A larger body of cooler heads is more likely to reach the correct conclusion as opposed to one person running on pure emotion.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:04 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was no evidence, but they just pulled the trigger anyway. This is why the founding fathers wanted the Congress decide when the nation goes to war.
There was some evidence. But what we know through media is not conclusive. Perhaps there is intelligence that we are not privy to that makes it conclusive. I have my doubts on that. Some say Isis does not have chemical capabilities but that is not true. The UN has already linked them to crude attacks in Syria. Moreover, this is a civil war with many outside players giving assistance. Could Isis have captured an area and taken over as dads weapons? Could they have been armed by Iran? Or turkey?

Old 04-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Was Syria attack legal? Framers would say no: Column

Recent events provide useful context. In the late summer of 2013, the Obama administration was preparing to launch a military strike in Syria. The circumstances were very similar to what happened this week: There was evidence that Syrian President Bashar Assad had ordered a deadly chemical attack against Syrian civilians. However, as the Obama administration prepared to respond, more than 100 members of Congress, mainly Republicans but some Democrats as well, signed a letter explaining that the president could not act alone, that he needed congressional approval.

As these members of Congress explained, the Constitution does not permit the president to unilaterally order military action unless the United States or Americans face a direct threat of attack. That is an accurate description of constitutional law. Article I of the Constitution assigns Congress the power to declare war. Records from the Constitutional Convention of 1787 indicate that the framers believed the president would have authority to act unilaterally only in an emergency, to repel a sudden attack. At the time, Donald Trump agreed, tweeting that “The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria — big mistake if he does not!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies