Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 07:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That's all the time they need in order to decide whether or not to deploy their missile defend system. They could have deployed it but chose not to.
That is an assumption. We don't know what the Russians did.

But now they are taking punitive action against the USA. This speaks for itself.

The Russians didn't like it. Their air defenses were useless. Now they are saying they will install more air defenses.

It was also quite the demonstration to the Communist Xi who was no doubt briefed in Mar Largo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 07:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Good thing Trump didn't declare war on Syria.

Good God people. Can we PLEASE stick with the facts when discussing these issues? These hyperbolic, over the top LIES are part of the problem in American political discourse.

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
To add another layer of complexity to the subject, I'm now reading that some believe all of this is over oil... another war over oil? Hmmmm.
ME has always been about Oil, for the most part. Drain their oil, keep our reserves high. Countries have been fighting and controlling places forever for resources.

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I knew it would be Obama's fault. I just knew it.

Well not for nuthin, but the criminal acts of each previous admin makes it that much easier for the next one.

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Tr(ch)ump is unstable. Easily provoked into starting a war. But I guess the war profiteers are happy.
But, he hasn't started or declared war on Syria as the OP has implied. Where on earth do you people get your ideas from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think some of these people live in an alternative universe.
No, just panties in a wad over Hillary losing. Their time would be better spent researching before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It seems just about the entire world community of leaders are supporting this action (except Russia, Iran, and Syria of course), which is not a "war" but a message (a very direct message delivered via a tommahawk missle).
I was surprised that anyone considered this a proclamation of war, but then again, schools aren't doing a very good job of educating anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Attacking a sovereign country is not a declaration of war?
No, it is not. Don't they teach American history and American government in high school anymore?

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I can see you truly believe that, so trying to convince you of the truth that Russia simply chose not to activate their SAMs is pointless.
Because you have no idea what they decided and why.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
ME has always been about Oil, for the most part. Drain their oil, keep our reserves high. Countries have been fighting and controlling places forever for resources.
Yes, which makes me question the motivations behind this airstrike. Was it really about Assad and his cache of chemical weapons? Or about the innocent civilians that were gassed?

Or was this an opportunistic move to fatten bank accounts and wallets?

Old 04-07-2017, 07:06 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Good thing Trump didn't declare war on Syria.

Good God people. Can we PLEASE stick with the facts when discussing these issues? These hyperbolic, over the top LIES are part of the problem in American political discourse.
lol look at the neocons on the left defending hated trump.good to see you can pull it together and sing kumabaya when the chips are down.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Still waiting for proof that Assad even did anything. Could have been the Russians. Could have been an accident by the rebels (or on purpose to draw us in). I have read reports that say the rebels have access to gas.
US intel has radar tracking of planes leaving that specific base, circling over the area that was hit with chemicals at the same time the attack occurred, and returning to that base. I feel confident that it was a Syrian hit. If it was Russian planes then Syria just learned that there's a huge price to pay for allowing Russia use of their airfields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies