Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times

Advertisements

One thing about we who are on the left, we are big enough to admit when something the right does has merit. Unlike our friends on the right, we are not afraid to be truthful and honest.

I think Donald Trump had a rude awakening over this Syrian slaughter of innocents, even babies. If you look at his press conference, he looks shaken and moved. Maybe the enormity of his position finally hit him. Not saying I feel much different about him, but I think I just saw a glimmer of humanity inside the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQZsyQKcGI

It is the first time I have seen him act mature and somewhat intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Same **** different POTUS.

2,366 posts, read 1,646,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think some of these people live in an alternative universe.
True. This thread and the sticky on the bombing have revealed much ignorance. Alternate universe, no, just idiots.

8,379 posts, read 4,362,327 times
A waste of time and money.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Go back in time, y'all. Obama asked the Congress for their blessings on going into Syria. Crickets.

His position was that there were so many factions in the religious war it was hard to tell who to help. And if you picked a side, that side could go another way the day you sent in equipment.

Trump sees some pictures. Probably better pictures than what we get on the tv and starts bombing.

Somebody has been gassing Syrians since 2013. I lost count of the times. Six times in 2013.

It is intolerable today because Trump saw pictures.
Nailed it.

Trump can't even begin to understand how complicated the issues are in Syria, and what spider web effect it would have on our international relations worldwide.

The gassing and killing of civilians has been going on for years now. The CBS News correspondent in Syria last night said that over 450,000 people have been killed in Syria by Assad since 2013. What happened the other day with the gassing of civilians is nothing new, he's been killing innocent people for nearly four years.

But Trump saw pictures of dead babies (which I agree are terrible), and that was probably the sole factor in him determining to authorize a strike. That is not how he should be operating...

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, Waldo, what I am saying is that you constantly are saying that everything the press prints or says is fake, and now you are quoting them. You just confused me a little there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Glad somebody else notices LOL.

I challenge you to post any link where I've said that all the media is fake.

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If nothing else, with these attacks, Trump contradicted himself.

Before being president, Trump had no idea how difficult it can be making decisions and how quickly things can change.

But no, Trump must loves to hear himself talk

Trumps twitter account is pure propaganda (aka trash) aimed at the right wing. He will say anything to rile them up. He can contradict himself all he wants, they will find excuses, I mean reasons.

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Weren't people bitching that Obama didn't do anything? I can't believe I'm defending Trump here, but didn't people WANT him to be decisive and take action?

Are we supposed to turn a blind eye to the suffering that is going in Syria?
Good points.

Anti-Trumpers cannot do anything but politicize this action by the Trump Administration, however, in an amazing show of coalition, Schumer, Pelosi, and perhaps even Hillary Clinton are standing behind Trump's swift action.

But as they say, h8rz gotta wail and gnash their teefs.

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, which makes me question the motivations behind this airstrike. Was it really about Assad and his cache of chemical weapons? Or about the innocent civilians that were gassed?

Or was this an opportunistic move to fatten bank accounts and wallets?
The ME oil has certainly played a large roll historically. One needs to keep in mind though that the U.S. now gets a relatively small amount of oil from there and overall imports a small percentage of what we use. Any losses in ME oil can easily be made up from increasing imports from Canada and a few other non ME countries.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing about we who are on the left, we are big enough to admit when something the right does has merit. Unlike our friends on the right, we are not afraid to be truthful and honest.

I think Donald Trump had a rude awakening over this Syrian slaughter of innocents, even babies. If you look at his press conference, he looks shaken and moved. Maybe the enormity of his position finally hit him. Not saying I feel much different about him, but I think I just saw a glimmer of humanity inside the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQZsyQKcGI
Yes.

While I am conflicted about this action and its motivations, I like to discuss these types of issues and events outside the prism of political affiliation. IMHO, we should all aspire to this level of discourse. But as you can see, some people just love to **** on people who don't cling to their party's banner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies