Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 PM

34,914 posts, read 31,045,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's all well and good but he violated a campaign promise, one that seems to be important to a lot of his supporters.
And it is. An isolated missile strike will be forgotten. If this leads to war, it's Bush all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 PM

19,594 posts, read 22,468,853 times
Here again is Trump in 2013-
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politi...ary/index.html

Quote:
Trump's decision to launch the strikes, the most significant military action of his young presidency, came nearly four years after the US first concluded that Syrian forces had used chemical weapons in Syria.

The Obama administration concluded that Syria had violated the "red line" Obama had set a year earlier in discussing the use of chemical weapons, but ultimately decided against military action against Syria in favor of a Russian-brokered deal to extricate the country's chemical weapons stockpile.

Trump at the time said the US should "stay the hell out of Syria" and urged Obama on Twitter to "not attack Syria" in the wake of the 2013 chemical attack.

"There is no upside and tremendous downside. Save your 'powder' for another (and more important) day," he tweeted in September 2013.
Two faced LIAR.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,792,720 times
Things change when you are the one in charge and have all the intelligence.

15,823 posts, read 12,425,253 times
50 cruise missiles @ $1.5 million each = $75 million

Any retaliation is on Trump's head.

2,294 posts, read 2,651,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This is precisely what Hillary Clinton had been longing to do for years. I didn't vote Trump, but I support Trump, largely because I thought he'd keep us out of this type of Hillary Clinton militarism. I also support Trump because I thought that unlike Obama, he wouldn't bypass congress & just start lobbing missiles at countries who never threatened us.
Why would you have possibly thought that?

Trump goes whichever way the wind blows. He has no spine.

He was pro-choice until it benefited him to be pro-life. He was for the Iraq war until it benefited him to be against the Iraq war. He supported Hillary Clinton until it benefited him to be against Hilary Clinton. And on, and on, and on...

Old 04-06-2017, 07:55 PM

57,007 posts, read 25,978,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
And it is. An isolated missile strike will be forgotten. If this leads to war, it's Bush all over again.
If Russian military was killed will they forget.

exm

3,711 posts, read 1,762,001 times
All my liberal FB friend this morning were upset Trump was all words but no action after seeing children dying from chemical weapons.

Now liberals here are upset?

I understand, they want the Obama doctrine of all talk. <smh>

8,793 posts, read 8,125,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The president has no belief system. He is a total reactionary. There is no thought process, just reaction.

What did people expect? Did they think he wants to build up the military for the fun of it? This makes him feel big and important. Sad!

It does not matter what he said during the campaign. This guy means nothing he says--many of us know that and said so. Those who did not believe that he is who he is are SOL. Can you hear us now?
You know, I never really understood what it meant for the younger generation to call their elders "reactionary," in one second, reading your post, I now fully understand it. And yes, it fits Trump perfectly.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:56 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I hate us getting involved toppling dictators. But I also hate us being a wishy washy here's a line there's a line you can't cross crap too.
I don't care about political posturing and imaginary lines, the bottom line is it's NOT OUR FIGHT!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,792,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
All my liberal FB friend this morning were upset Trump was all words but no action after seeing children dying from chemical weapons.

Now liberals here are upset?

I understand, they want the Obama doctrine of all talk. <smh>
They just want to hate Trump and it won't matter what he does. If it were Hillary lobbing missiles many of them would be happy she had such a large pair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies