Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Us "mere mortals." Is trump some sort of God to you?
no, he's a man in charge, and right now, he had to make a very difficult call....

to kill children with a chemical gas is an atrocity, it's about time someone did something.

and believe me, Trump is fine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 12:25 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Stop it.

There are liberals who are pacifists, and liberals who are war hawks, just like there are conservatives who believe in intervention and conservatives whose interpretation of "America First" means no military involvement anywhere, unless we are directly attacked.

It may have escaped your undoubtedly keen powers of observation, but lots of the people who are unhappy with this action are anything but liberal.
There's a lot of selective perception on this board that's for sure. The opposition to Trump has very little to do with political positions, it's a matter of practicality. The question is; can you do the job? The answer so far is a resounding "no". Not only is he not prepared for the job of POTUS, it's clear to me that he hates every minute of it. Trump is a man who needs to be in control of everything and everyone at all times. Reality is of course that he controls almost nothing and it is eating him up.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Read this very very slowly.

Stop thinking about Syria in 2D. Use your head. Remember, Trump is not in control of the government and he knows this. He's been a businessman his entire life and knows when he's not in charge.

Right now, Trump is playing a very delicate game, leading on the "real" government, while he consolidates power. When he has enough control, things will speed up.

If you have been fooled by this, want to jump ship over a missile strike, were you also fooled into thinking he would seriously consider Mitt Romney for secretary of state?

This is what men of his caliber do on the daily. Manueving and negotiating deals worth more than us mere mortals could understand business wise.
Right now, maneuvering the USA through this delicate and dangerous moment will be a masterpiece
I don't "love" that the strike happened (which was a minimal strike and Russian troops were warned in advance to get out) but I think that Trump is using this latest Syrian scenario to send a message to North Korea and China as to say "don't put me in that position for your stupid reason to want to attack or screw us as I'll potentially use military force against you". North Korea and its attacking the USA ambitions will cease and hopefully more China respect towards the USA will result.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, he's a man in charge, and right now, he had to make a very difficult call....

to kill children with a chemical gas is an atrocity, it's about time someone did something.

and believe me, Trump is fine....

Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There's a lot of selective perception on this board that's for sure. The opposition to Trump has very little to do with political positions, it's a matter of practicality. The question is; can you do the job? The answer so far is a resounding "no". Not only is he not prepared for the job of POTUS, it's clear to me that he hates every minute of it. Trump is a man who needs to be in control of everything and everyone at all times. Reality is of course that he controls almost nothing and it is eating him up.
That's it. It's not about party; it's about competence. I have voted for both parties in the past, and as much as I dislike the two options, if I had a choice, I would rather have Pence as POTUS than Trump. Pence can fulfill the role professionally. Trump does not know what he is doing.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:47 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
do not worry he won't be running

Old 04-07-2017, 01:02 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The people (Assad and his military) who were fine with gassing their own people are still there, bombing an airbase doesn't change that, just a Dog & Pony Show that accomplished nothing but making Trump a hero to ISIS.
Also to his supporters which is very dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And their are Democrats who would have voted for Trump if he had run as a Democrat BECAUSE he's a Democrat.

That disease is not party specific.
Maybe but he did not run as a Democrat so it's not a relevant discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I just get tired of hearing Trump bragging about how great he is.
I'm just tired of him period. I wish he would go away. I will be happy if we never had to discuss him again (at least not seriously) so I'm even making myself fatigued but I figure I have to because being silent means I'm accepting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Stop it.

There are liberals who are pacifists, and liberals who are war hawks, just like there are conservatives who believe in intervention and conservatives whose interpretation of "America First" means no military involvement anywhere, unless we are directly attacked.

It may have escaped your undoubtedly keen powers of observation, but lots of the people who are unhappy with this action are anything but liberal.

I don't believe in war myself and even if I did the problem is he's not doing this for the right reasons. I don't suddenly support someone for doing the right thing when it's just one thing just like I wouldn't stop supporting someone just because they made a few mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Yeah he wants to be seen as this hero and yet he doesn't want to put forth the effort in doing so. It's not surprising though because he's just running the country like he runs his failed businesses.
People say it's only about the policies but they don't realize the importance of the person beyond the policies. Politics are really just psychology with some technical details sprinkled in. You can be fairly unlikeable/unapproachable but there's a limit to morality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's it. It's not about party; it's about competence. I have voted for both parties in the past, and as much as I dislike the two options, if I had a choice, I would rather have Pence as POTUS than Trump. Pence can fulfill the role professionally. Trump does not know what he is doing.
I'd be so willing to pay 50 dollars (I don't have a lot of money) if I knew it would make Pence be president.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Also to his supporters which is very dangerous.

I'd be so willing to pay 50 dollars (I don't have a lot of money) if I knew it would make Pence be president.
In 2024 you'll get your chance.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
In 2024 you'll get your chance.
I suppose but I don't think we can afford to wait 4 years. The only way I'll be even mildly okay with this is if I had a nice job to distract me but I REALLY don't see that happening under Trump's leadership.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I suppose but I don't think we can afford to wait 4 years. The only way I'll be even mildly okay with this is if I had a nice job to distract me but I REALLY don't see that happening under Trump's leadership.
Why? He's done well so far imo in getting jobs back as well as investment for future jobs.

Trump is not bad as many here have insinuated. His actions with Syria has another purpose.

Remember when Trump was running he did say about the element of surprise when it comes to any military action(s).

IMO the next step with Syria is to get together with Putin towards agreements on how to proceed.

No matter who is president, they are not going to satisfy everyone.

I know I grimaced every day under Obama even though he did "some" good things.

I'm looking for work as well but I just can't blame Trump for that - good things takes time sometimes more time than we want. My well wishes for you to get a nice job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies