Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 06:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

It's causing their heads to explode here.

When they thought Trump wasn't going to do anything they faulted him for it.

When Trump said he would deal with it, they did a 180 and faulted him for that too.

Now the latest.... He changed his mind which is supposed to be bad too.

"Clean up on isle three!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 06:28 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
On the Today show this morning Matt Lauer and Savanna Guthrie sat and listen quiet to expert after expert praising President Trump for his action and restrain not to do too much.

On top of that Russia is not in agreement with President Trump so no connection between President Trump and Putin/Russia could be made so there were the two hosts sitting and listening in shock and awe!

Priceless!

Not sure how it will take before they will make their usual 180!

They also showed Hillary saying that airport needs to be attacked which President Trump did so it seems liberals have one day of searching what and how to start the bashing again!

I'm not holding my breath of this being a new beginning as later today or tomorrow the bashing for sure will be started again.

Liberal Hollywood will probably be quiet too as the images of babies, toddles, kids and aldults being gassed like under Nazi germany is something we should be able to agree to that it is off limits and action needs to be taken and President Trump took action!
What's priceless is that when Obama took exactly the same action against Libya the GOP pounced on him. They said he needed Congressional approval, among other things. When Trump does it, nothing but praise from the usual suspects.

The overall question in my mind is if this action was in response to the chemical attack that killed civilians. Well, two weeks ago, Trump lowered Obama's standard for determining targets and almost immediately, a bombing killed over 200 civilians. It seems to be worthy of retaliation when Syria does it but we don't even get a change of policy when we do it. Nor do we get anyone held accountable.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:28 AM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Causing heads to explode...

I expected a measured but definite military response from President Trump. He delivered.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:29 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
I wonder if Putin gave Assad enough of a heads up to give him time to get his most vital assets out of the way of harm?

Old 04-07-2017, 06:32 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What's priceless is that when Obama took exactly the same action against Libya the GOP pounced on him.
LOL!

You present Libya as example of correct action? Obama & Hillary turned that into a disaster.

It was not the same action. It was an unnecessary war of choice by the those two idiots. We are also in the same situation in Syria because of Obama. Now Trump is forced to deal with it. It's not the same at all.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:38 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,357 times
It is such a fine line. Do I think we should just stay out of Syria's government and focus on fighting terrorist in the region, yes. On the other hand, how do we allow a leader of a government to gas his own innocent civilians? Wasnt he not supposed to have chemical weapons anymore?
While I do not think we should go in and oust him, I do believe strategic military action that reduces Syria's governments ability to carry out these attacks are warranted.
Also, I guess the alleged love fest between Putin and Trump is officially over. Thank god.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
It is certainly no secret that I dislike everything about Trump and everything he does, but I have to admit I am not sure I totally disagree with this missile attack. Maybe it is a positive thing for us to have a loose cannon in the WH in the respect that foreign adversaries might consider him unpredictable and not be so willing to pull stunts like the gas attack so easily. You don't poke sticks at crazy people.

I have to say that he did not pull any punches here, he went right to the throats of the Syrians. It may prove to be a horrible decision, and get us into some war we do not want, but at least we did not pussyfoot around and try to make nice-nice with them.

Can't believe I am actually saying Trump may have done something good !

Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Trumpers - "Donald Trump is tough on Syria!"

But just three years ago, Trump:

Old 04-07-2017, 06:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL!

You present Libya as example of correct action? Obama & Hillary turned that into a disaster.

It was not the same action. It was an unnecessary war of choice by the those two idiots. We are also in the same situation in Syria because of Obama. Now Trump is forced to deal with it. It's not the same at all.
Obama request approval from Congress to act in Syria and the Congress didn't act. (See: Obama Seeks Approval by Congress for Strike in Syria, AUG. 31, 2013

Majority Of Republicans Said 'No' When Obama Wanted To Launch A Strike On Syria | The Huffington Post)

Never mind that Trump's action yesterday was exactly opposite previous positions.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's causing their heads to explode here.

When they thought Trump wasn't going to do anything they faulted him for it.

When Trump said he would deal with it, they did a 180 and faulted him for that too.

Now the latest.... He changed his mind which is supposed to be bad too.

"Clean up on isle three!"
Calm down.

No one's head is exploding WK. Many people, myself included, who abhor Trump acknowledge this was probably the right move if a bit fast and sort of out of nowhere.

When you can learn to discuss the topic at hand instead of the people you are talking to, you might get somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies