Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 11:48 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,653 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton is a narcissistic old hag who thought she was owed the Presidency just because her husband was once the President. No one liked her. Even her "supporters" didn't like her. They only backed her because she was a Democrat and she had name recognition.

She needs to just fade into obscurity, but she's so full of herself that she can't stand being out of the spotlight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 01:29 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Has Clinton ever apologized or even acknowledged her cheating at the debates?

I know several sanders supporters that went 3rd party or didn't vote because of her doing that.
Nope.

I believe she is known to say that I wish "some things" had turned out as they did. When the question comes up.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:20 PM

52,208 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
She had to be held to a higher standard than Trump you mean. which isn't very hard. Her record as Sec of State was bad.
Yep, the email server as well, the fact that she's a government hack on the gov tit for 30 years as Trump hammered her on and she hasn't done jack S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That part I agree with. I do not agree that she lost for the reasons she gave, including misogyny. It was out there, in the form of troglodytes on the right calling her cankles and hidabeast, but I don't think it was a significant factor in her loss. People just don't like her. It really is that simple.
Fair minded and normal-ish people didn't vote for her because she was weak and her arrogance came through too much. She didn't stump enough as well and just assumed that those 7 or so states would automatically go to her.

Like someone up thread said I don't remember her talking much about jobs and the war on terror and how to control illegal immigration, things trump talked about way more often and things frankly the American public is concerned with, not transgendered bathrooms and all of the other social issues that would have made her Obama 2.0. The American public I believe held their nose and voted for trump because trump was speaking about more common sense issues and appealed to the working middle class.

It wasn't racism or misogyny or whatever because let's not forget that she actually won the popular vote by about 3 million votes the last I heard.

Lots and lots of men voted for her. There may have been elements of that at work, but certainly not enough to lose the race over.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:26 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,286 times
Is Hillary forgetting loads of people voted for her just because she is a woman To try to gr the first woman president? That she played that card all through out her campaign?

Old 04-08-2017, 05:49 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
No one liked her. Even her "supporters" didn't like her. They only backed her because she was a Democrat and she had name recognition.
I've met many Hillary voters that hate her. They only voted for her because they think Trump is racist.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:49 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Many people are ready and want a woman President...
I don't think you mean it this way, but, while I am ready for a woman POTUS, I neither want or do not want one.

I do not care if a candidate is a man or a woman. I care about his/her platform.

That's it.

Now, notwithstanding the above, in the case of Hillary, I not only disliked her platform, and her, I also loathed the possibility that the spouse of a recent POTUS was trying to become POTUS, and that had she been elected, four of our past five POTUS would have been either a Bush or a Clinton.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Can you cite something specific that supports your claim?

I'm a moderate swing voter that voted for neither Clinton nor Trump this election and I've not seen what you're claiming.

I have noticed that she is a hard fighting seasoned politician that certainly dishes it out while receiving the same, that's high-stakes politics. Most people that support a particular candidate feel that their candidate is unfairly picked on while the other candidates are getting what they deserve. Do you have a similar perception bias in play?
Nope. I'm not a Democrat.

I don't need to cite anything specific. We've had 45 male presidents, and Donald Trump was elected instead of a qualified woman. Donald. Trump.

He's about all the evidence you need.

If Clinton had been male, Clinton would be president.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm a male that voted Stein because obviously, I'm a misogynist.
How do you figure your Stein vote makes Clinton wrong?

People (in general) took Stein less seriously than Johnson and they're both equally kooky.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:19 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If Clinton had been male, Clinton would be president.
I disagree. You completely overlook the fact she was not well liked and has a 30 year history.

If she had a real personality like Bill maybe yes but she has a personality like Hillary. Huge difference.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
She had to be held to a higher standard than Trump you mean. which isn't very hard. Her record as Sec of State was bad.
Other than Benghazi (worse attacks have happened under other Secs of State) and a private email server (other Secs of State have used them) how, exactly, is her track record in any way as poor as Trump's lack of governmental leadership record and string of failed businesses and lawsuits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies