Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 05:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. I'm not a Democrat.

I don't need to cite anything specific. We've had 45 male presidents, and Donald Trump was elected instead of a qualified woman. Donald. Trump.

He's about all the evidence you need.

If Clinton had been male, Clinton would be president.
Not a chance.
Trump would have won by much bigger margins.
It was an anti establishment year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 05:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I disagree. You completely overlook the fact she was not well liked and has a 30 year history.

If she had a real personality like Bill maybe yes but she has a personality like Hillary. Huge difference.
Exactly. She has no personality. She's mean spirited, arrogant, lies all the time, has ZERO sense of humor and truly can't stand people. Other than that.....she's fine.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:45 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
"Pneumonia-gate" sealed the deal on Hillary's loss... it perfectly encapsulated her political modus operandi in an easily understandable way for all to see.

Face it, Hillary lost because people trust gas station sushi more than they trust her.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Yup, it's never her fault and arrogance that caused her to lose...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...190721581.html

Old 04-09-2017, 08:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Is Hillary forgetting loads of people voted for her just because she is a woman To try to gr the first woman president? That she played that card all through out her campaign?
More important is her long history of lying, pay-for-play politics, and mockery of women who accused her husband of assault or rape, and her recent history of selling the power of her office to enrich herself and her husband, it is saying that gender trumps decency. It speaks volumes about Clinton supporters.

It is hard to imagine a more immature and primitive stance than that of Democrats who argue how important was to support Hillary Clinton because of gender.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:07 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
The offset is how many women (and men too) voted for Hillary simply because she was a woman and how many white folks voted for Obama simply because he was black? (I understand that black people overwhelmingly voted for Obama and have no problem with it.)
Hard to say without the numbers, but I would speculate the "offset" is a good deal less a factor than that of misogyny and racism. You might also argue that offset is a result of misogyny and/or racism...

Old 04-09-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Has there been evidence that sufficient number of people would not vote for a woman that it made a difference and make her lose the elections.

If one starts throwing words like that the others can also start making excuses on this and other presidential races like misandry ( did not like a man since there was a woman and solely voted since she was a woman), racist or even reverse racism ( since there was a black person in the race I will vote for him even though the other dude was more qualified).

She is a whiner. Behaving like my kid when she was younger who always came up with this excuse "It was not my fault". Except my kid has grown up and Hillary has not.
Apparently you believe that misogyny is not a legitimate issue for women in this country and the world in general or that a prominent female in politics should not bring the issue into focus. All I can say to that is that maybe YOU need to grow up a bit.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Hillary Clinton is a narcissistic old hag who thought she was owed the Presidency just because her husband was once the President. No one liked her. Even her "supporters" didn't like her. They only backed her because she was a Democrat and she had name recognition.

She needs to just fade into obscurity, but she's so full of herself that she can't stand being out of the spotlight.
She has said she would not run for public office again, and all appearances are that she shouldn't...

I voted for Hillary, despite all the criticisms, because her political platform/direction and that of the Democrats far better aligns with what I think is better for American as compared to what the GOP represents in those regards, and also because I consider Trump an absolutely horrible representative of America, let alone leader.

When I voted for Obama (both times), I was extremely grateful for the opportunity, not only because the platform of the D Party better aligns with my political views far better than that of the GOP, but because Obama represented all that I consider what a POTUS should be in most important respects.

I did not feel at all the same about voting for Hillary as compared to Obama, but as compared to Romney, and even worse Trump..., no way could I vote otherwise.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Nope. I'm not a Democrat.

I don't need to cite anything specific. We've had 45 male presidents, and Donald Trump was elected instead of a qualified woman. Donald. Trump.

He's about all the evidence you need.

If Clinton had been male, Clinton would be president.
Good point. Not one the more conservative posters in this thread will consider beyond the space of another key stroke, but good point. Thing is though...

If Hillary were a man, then she would be a gay man who was married to a gay past POTUS, and though there may be question as to whether America is ready for a woman POTUS, I'm not sure America is ready for a gay POTUS...

Old 04-09-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
How do you figure your Stein vote makes Clinton wrong?

People (in general) took Stein less seriously than Johnson and they're both equally kooky.
More importantly as I have argued many times before...

If you didn't vote for Hillary or Trump, you were just sidelining yourself and allowing those who did vote for Hillary or Trump to decide which of the two would become POTUS (AKA a wasted vote and/or a backfire vote).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies