Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 04:58 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,378,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Clinton: 'Misogyny played a role' in 2016 | TheHill

...So I guess all the women that didn't vote for her like me are misogynistic to?:smack:
Yep, she pretty much said this when she said even women weren't ready for a female pres.

Personally, I have disliked her since the 90's when she lied to us and told us her husbands affair and the resultant investigation into his White House dalliance with an intern and subsequent perjury was a "vast right wing conspiracy".

Never want to see a Clinton anywhere near the White House again, including Chelsea.

Thank god, Hillary stated she cant see herself running for public office again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 05:02 PM

5,231 posts, read 6,153,925 times
Dear Hillary- we can't miss you if you don't go away!

Say what you will but Gore, Dole and Romney left the stage to the victor after their runs with the exception of their most focused signature issues. Kerry and McCain were still in the Senate.

I think Hillary's problem has always been that she lacks self awareness. If she just let Trump crash and burn on his own people might actually remember what they have liked about her at different times. By staying in it- and offering commentary almost on par with her feigned shock at Bill Clinton's infidelity- she just illicits eye rolls.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:00 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,735,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She's not exactly wrong. She's been held to a far higher standard than any man with her record would have been held to.
She had to be held to a higher standard than Trump you mean. which isn't very hard. Her record as Sec of State was bad.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:18 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,913,127 times
That woman is too stupid to realize that she alone is to blame for her losing the election.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:19 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,100,793 times
I think her problem was that she hit the "women's rising" theme too hard and too often. If she had cut back on that she would not have alienated as many men. I also think the loss was greatly influenced by people who stayed home because they thought the election was in the bag - I partially blame SNL for that... even though i was extremely funny.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-07-2017 at 06:30 PM..

Old 04-07-2017, 06:25 PM

809 posts, read 739,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Can't believe people actually wanted this witch as president
Stop Pretending You Don't Know Why People Hate Hillary Clinton | The Huffington Post

Old 04-07-2017, 06:30 PM

809 posts, read 739,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I think her problem was that she hit the "women's uprising" theme too hard and too often. If she had cut back on that she would not have alienated as many men. I also think the loss was greatly influenced by people who stayed home because they thought the election was in the bag - I partially blame SNL for that... even though i was extremely funny.
I blame the mainstream media. They are mostly based on our coasts. They were so sure she'd win over that psychotic reality star, that they made this a "horserace" rather than the blowout it should have been.

OK, in the popular vote, it was a blowout, but that just reflected the demographics of our mainstream media.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,041,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She's not exactly wrong. She's been held to a far higher standard than any man with her record would have been held to.
That part I agree with. I do not agree that she lost for the reasons she gave, including misogyny. It was out there, in the form of troglodytes on the right calling her cankles and hidabeast, but I don't think it was a significant factor in her loss. People just don't like her. It really is that simple.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:55 PM

21,395 posts, read 10,446,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
She has supporters that keep pushing her to not accept the real issues and reasons why she lost. Her people knew why she lost to Obama in 08' that's why they had to interfere with the primary process to make it more fair for her.
Well, when you spent a billion dollars of other people's money on a failed campaign, you're sure as hell not going to say "I'm sorry, I messed up."

You're going to find excuses to blame it on other people. Well, she did anyway.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:20 PM

21,395 posts, read 10,446,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Hillary is too old. They will Nominate Michelle Obama. Just wait.
I always had the impression that Michelle hated that job. Why would she put herself through all that again when she can still do all the cool things without being under the microscope and having all that adulation and hatred coming her way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies