Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 02:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,123,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The "Trump trade" narrative is dying in the stock market.

The election of President Donald Trump and a Republican-majority in Congress was supposed to lead to Obamacare's end, tax reform, deregulation, an infrastructure build-out and a healthy increase in inflation accompanied by a rise in long-depressed interest rates.

But after the failure of Trump's Obamacare replacement at the end of last month followed by a weaker-than-expected jobs report Friday, the market clearly has its doubts about this premise.
The 'Trump rally' is on its last legs -- here's what that means for the market

I don't expect him to be able to keep a single campaign promise.
He has kept campaign promises. Rolled back a bunch of EOs that were stifling businesses and got us out of TPP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 02:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He has kept campaign promises. Rolled back a bunch of EOs that were stifling businesses and got us out of TPP.
Indeed. It's been a good 2 months for American business.

10s of 1000s new good paying jobs too.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:42 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,245,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
If any of us really knew what caused the market to move the way it does when it does, we wouldn't be here on C-D. We'd be on our private island in the Caribbean or at our villa in the south of France.
I'm not sure truer words have ever been written. Although I made enough on nVidia stock last year to buy a new Porsche 911.

I think though, even if I made several mil or a bil and moved to that private island, I'd still check in to see what's going on and talk about things.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:46 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,596,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's taken about 9 years for some of what Bush did in the end to take hold.
you mean Syria? Or perhaps you mean something else, like 9 years for his wisteria to bloom...

Old 04-08-2017, 02:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,596,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. It's been a good 2 months for American business.

10s of 1000s new good paying jobs too.
oh waldo, just thursday you were bragging about Trump creating 250K new jobs, then the REAL number came out and Trump LOST jobs, he was in under 100k new jobs... so much worse than Obama. awful sad, TRump numbers

But i get it, you love the trump and will take any number and talk it up.

Lousy two months.

The germans now hate Trump, the Mexicans Hate Trump. The Chinese paid Trump off cheaply with IP. Jobs are DOWN, (bad sad trump) Healthcare bill a disaster, with GOP infighting, Admin infighting.

it has been a lousy two months.

Nobody came to see Trump so he lied and showed the world as POTUS he will be a liar.

it has been a lousy two months.

Trump is seeing his entire campaign exposed as working for the Russians, tied up in russian loans...

Now Trump resorts to bombing nations illegally to distract attention from his sad, loser admin..

Lousy two months, for TRump and much worse for his supporters. Because now they see he is abandoning them just to prop up ratings.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
oh waldo, just thursday you were bragging about Trump creating 250K new jobs, then the REAL number came out and Trump LOST jobs, he was in under 100k new jobs... so much worse than Obama. awful sad, TRump numbers.
It was 263,000 jobs and more manufacturing jobs have been created than anytime under Obama (where they disappeared)

You guys keep being proved wrong.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,829,223 times
Trump is fantastic compared to the Democrats but I wonder how long this bubble can go on for.

Record high prices to sales ratio, insanely high price to earnings ratio.

Record high amounts of car loans and student loans.

Home prices are inflated because of extremely very low interest rates.

Unfunded pensions at the state and local government level.

Only about 4 out of the 18 years of the baby boomers have reached full-retirement age and only 7 out of the 18 years of the baby boomers are on Medicare so expenses will go way, way up.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,264,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's taken about 9 years for some of what Bush did in the end to take hold.

What a ridiculous statement. We were on the edge of economic disaster after Bush 2.

And I voted for him the first time.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:24 PM

25,606 posts, read 21,786,100 times
Wouldn't it save a lot of space if those that didn't have a clue about how something works didn't run here as minions of the Democratic Party and spew nonsense? Seriously, Trump is doing great and will try, against some bitter opponents, to keep his campaign promises.

Really, the threads in this area of C-D have gotten so ridiculous that it is waste of energy to try to address such ignorance.

Google can be a good friend when it comes to dispelling ignorance. I would think those with highly educated Dems could, at a minimum, use google.

Try learning about the stock market rather than wasting time parroting liberal news!

Old 04-08-2017, 05:24 PM

77,734 posts, read 59,889,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The "Trump trade" narrative is dying in the stock market.

The election of President Donald Trump and a Republican-majority in Congress was supposed to lead to Obamacare's end, tax reform, deregulation, an infrastructure build-out and a healthy increase in inflation accompanied by a rise in long-depressed interest rates.

But after the failure of Trump's Obamacare replacement at the end of last month followed by a weaker-than-expected jobs report Friday, the market clearly has its doubts about this premise.
The 'Trump rally' is on its last legs -- here's what that means for the market

I don't expect him to be able to keep a single campaign promise.
FYI interest rate hikes generally cause the markets to go down.

Not quite understanding aspects of your post that seem to contradict each other.

Are you mmmm, out of your depth on this topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies