Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against Trump's missile attack on Syria?
For 112 34.67%
Against 153 47.37%
Mixed feeling/unsure 58 17.96%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 08:42 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Congress needs to authorize it not Trump!
What's good for the ....did you complain when Obama didn't ask! No so keep quiet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,716,666 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero
Well, seeing as 18 people were just killed in the same place the chemical weapons were used by planes flying out of the airbase Trump just bombed, I'd say it was a giant waste of money.
It was stupid and just shows MORE EVILNESS from the USA!!!

Old 04-08-2017, 08:46 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,576,970 times
At least we know Trump's red lines are drawn in something other than crayons (like Obama's were.)

Also, I can see two other things coming out of this. One good and the other bad.

1.) The Democrats are going to look even more foolish with the narrative of "Trump and Russia are in league with each other" after this.

2.) The Left may try and get MORE Syrian refugees and we don't need any more.

As for this issue, to be honest, I've been more on Assad's side. (He isn't trying to attack US at the moment, but some of the rebels are ISIS, which HAS said it would attack us.)

The reason being that both sides in the conflict seem like the enemy. One seems to be bullying his own people but not hurting Christians or other groups. The other hates Assad but will kill Christians and destroy 1000's of year old religious sites and is little better than ISIS.

I'm sure there are good guys in the middle, but it's hard to say who's really innocent and who's just a jerk on one side or the other.

After what all of these "refugees" did to Europe, I'm not that sympathetic to them. As for all these refugee placement agencies and churches, they're getting LOADS of federal money to do it, so I cannot exactly call their motives that "compassionate and honest".

As for Assad, he's a puppet of Putin I thought. Where was the outrage when Putin and his puppets invaded the Ukraine and other parts of Europe?

As for this attack, there could be another issue behind it. By doing this, it also sends a message to China that they should deal with their puppet (Fat Boy in North Korea) before WE do!

Old 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM

882 posts, read 684,778 times
This guy seems to be for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc

And he doesn't seem to have a problem with the travel ban either. Much to the chagrin of the CNN reporter.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:49 PM

5,716 posts, read 2,167,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Against. And I voted for Trump. I would still vote for Trump because Trump's domestic policy is GREAT. His foreign policy looks to be a carbon copy of Hillary Clinton's, so that's a push. Hopefully he can be steered away from the liberal John McCain war-monger types who are influencing his decisions.
My exact feel on this. McCain is already screaming for more bombs. Where will that lead us? I voted for trump to put US first, this money on bombs could be used to rebuild our country. At the same time America needs to continue to be a force for good in the world and strike without hesitation if necessary. I'm mixed

Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 PM

5,716 posts, read 2,167,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
This guy seems to be for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc

And he doesn't seem to have a problem with the travel ban either. Much to the chagrin of the CNN reporter.
This guy blew Cnns mind.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:52 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,576,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol at thinking Trump cares about following the law. He hasn't bothered yet. Why would you think he would ask Congress for permission?
Was this a declaration of war or an action as commander in chief to get in there and deal with it and then, hopefully, move on? Seems like the latter. Besides, before you blame Trump, want to talk about all the places Obama attacked without Congressional approval of a declaration of war?

(Besides, I don't think it was meant to have to go through Congress for EVERY military action? What if North Korea or Iran was about to nuke us and Trump got special intelligence on this? Would you rather he act NOW or that Congress debate on this for a couple of weeks while our cities get nuked?)

Old 04-08-2017, 08:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,717,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Against. And I voted for Trump. I would still vote for Trump because Trump's domestic policy is GREAT. His foreign policy looks to be a carbon copy of Hillary Clinton's, so that's a push. Hopefully he can be steered away from the liberal John McCain war-monger types who are influencing his decisions.
How are his domestic policies great? Failed on healthcare, he's destroying all our domestic programs, including the ones that give you clean air and water, he's not bringing coal or manufacturing jobs back, his wall is not going to happen. All he cares about is making himself and corporations richer.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,717,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Was this a declaration of war or an action as commander in chief to get in there and deal with it and then, hopefully, move on? Seems like the latter. Besides, before you blame Trump, want to talk about all the places Obama attacked without Congressional approval of a declaration of war?
It's illegal to attack another sovereign country that hasn't attacked us first without Congressional approval. Obama asked Congress for approval to do what Trump just did, and Congress said no and threatened impeachment if he dared to go through with it.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:54 PM

51,908 posts, read 52,318,517 times
IDK, images of children being gassed is tough to take. I'm not sure in the greater larger sense if it's a good thing. At least it was just the airfield and runway.

Time will tell. Everything has a reaction and ripples, we'll see what happens. I have a MIL that is a staunch trump hater and she approved of it, I suppose again, it's the imagery of women and children civilian victims and that is a hard to watch and maybe doing this might help deter more of those types of gas attacks.

I voted unsure just because I'm war weary and just friggin sick of seeing/hearing and watching anything related to that shythole called the middle east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies