Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:00 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
You poor liberals, it's almost as if you need the government to tell you what and how to eat and hold your hand for you while you place your order at the counter. Do you need them to lift the fork to your face too? Maybe make cute little airplane noises?
I know. Them damn liburazs just want to be educated. Us conservatives want to be kept in the dark. Life is so much easier not knowing nothing. Right?

How is giving out information translated into the government telling consumers what and how to eat??? This is not banning restaurants from serving high calorie foods. That would be an example of the government limiting choices. This is just information. I think some of you need to find a hobby or something that engages your mind a little more. Good grief.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:31 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It seems it's YOUR delicate little feelings that got hurt by being asked a very reasonable question. Perhaps you can answer it without resorting to infantile attacks?

It's actually a very simple question. Can you see the difference between being told what to eat and being told what's IN what you eat?

There are many of us to whom what's in what we eat matters. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I know. Them damn liburazs just want to be educated. Us conservatives want to be kept in the dark. Life is so much easier not knowing nothing. Right?

How is giving out information translated into the government telling consumers what and how to eat??? This is not banning restaurants from serving high calorie foods. That would be an example of the government limiting choices. This is just information. I think some of you need to find a hobby or something that engages your mind a little more. Good grief.
LOL @ you stiffs getting so wound up over a glib response to a glib post. Some of you humps need to unwind with a drink, provided of course you can find a booze bottle with nutrition info and calorie counts.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:39 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just heard an interesting fact the other day on NPR. Diabetes was pretty much unheard of in Mexico until recently........they ate a healthy diet. But now that soda pop and other "American" foods are on their tables, diabetes is soaring at an alarming rate.

There is no question that we Americans shorten our own lives, and add to our illnesses, by eating crap. I am as guilty as anyone, but we still keep doing it.
Due to nafta and us corn dumping. Corn = high fructose corn syrup = fat people.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:44 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
A beer to go with it.

Beer or Pepsi for me. lol

Old 04-09-2017, 11:48 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, should we require that they post the amount of carbs, salt, sugar, calories from fat, etc. etc?

The only thing this accomplishes is making it more expensive and difficult for the small restaurants to compete against the big chains.

Do you really think that posting that a cheeseburger has 950 calories will stop anyone who really should be eating something like a salad from getting that cheeseburger?

Nope and furthermore when someone decides to eat pizza or a burger, they are not concerned about calories because they already planned to eat unhealthy that particular day.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, did I offend your delicate little feelings by giving a flippant response to a flippant post? Here, have some play-doh, some bubbles, and a fluffy puppy.
Not in the least. And now you've actually made me laugh.

In any case, I already have a fluffy puppy, my beer has bubbles in it, and I've always liked coloring books better than play-doh, but thanks for the kind offer.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:18 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I'm not against more information at all, but people who are conscious of their calories and what they eat are also free to do a little bit of research on their own. If you order a pizza and have a couple of slices, you already have a pretty good idea of how many calories there are without anyone else having to explain it to you.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:34 PM

809 posts, read 746,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post

I agree with all the "pro-info" posts here. But it's not just about calories. How about sodium level, cholesterol, calories from fat, simple sugars?

If you're over 50, have you had a VAP test (free yearly if you have an ACA approved insurance plan).

I'd guess that there's a high correlation between people that don't want nutritional information, and people that want to "go bare" on health insurance. I don't want to pay for their heart surgeries.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:40 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wouldnt embellish the intent of the law with a war description but instead say its a way to give consumers nutritional knowledge they previously didn't have so they can make better choices if their health is important to them. If after reading the dietary info you still want to consume the whole pizza you are still free to do so.

That would be contrary to the intent of finding new 'reasons' to whine about Obama.

AKA: New ways to deflect from the buffoon currently in the White House.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Pizza is one of the most well balanced foods you can eat. A pizza can have vegetables, dairy, meat, and grains. It's a complete nutritious meal all on it's own with all the food groups. What more do you want?
If you really believe that then Little Caesars has just what you are looking for.=
http://static1.businessinsider.com/i...t-of-bacon.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies