Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Colorado police officers body slam sorority girl in video | Daily Mail Online

How completely unnecessary and ridiculous! A big man like him can't arrest her without body slamming her?? REALLY?? How disgusting!
No, whats ridiculous is assaulting a police officer. If you assault one, prepare to be dealt with. End of story.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:53 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
As I recall, the cop held her arm to break her fall to the ground
There was gravity and anti-gravity forces at work.

Or WERE they?

I don't know if I should have said "was" or "were".

Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
I've never been body slammed, have you? Maybe because we respect the officer and don't give them a hard time. Act dumb, this is the result.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Cop was right, she might have had a gun in her panties.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:03 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What's up with that? This whole discussion is about whether or not that police officer used too much force. All parties involved appear to be white, so race doesn't even enter into it. If desertdetroiter disliked all white people as much as you seem to think, why would he care about how that young woman was treated?

If you look at desert's previous posts - and it's a lot - he has a pension of hate for just about everyone and that is what the poster was responding too.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:17 PM

Body slamming entails the lifting up and throwing down operation.

The cop never lifted her up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5KYsIKTKfc

Old 04-09-2017, 02:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Pick your battles. Pick them wisely.
Big difference between tough and stupid.

If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough-theme song to jackass the movie.

When dealing with any officer, you are the one who controls what happens, and how it happens.
First time I was pulled over down here, I was told to slow it down and to have a nice day. I even shook the officers hand and you know what he told me? If everyone would show just half an ounce of respect, there wouldn't be as many tickets written. And what sometimes starts out as a simple traffic violation that would only get a warning, winds up to escalating into a search of the car and drugs found, or illegal weapons found, or a field sobriety test...

So whos weak? One whos got a chip on their shoulder and has to puff up the chest for I am no softy.
Or one whos calm cool relaxed, isn't looking to upset the officer.

I used to be a little bastard to cops when I was much younger... By the 4th time I realized there's alot more of them, than there are of me. They'll win every time. Back seat of a crown vic isnt comfortable in the least bit. And you aren't the only ahole they had to deal with all day...
"You are the one that controls what happens?" Like Philando Castile did?

That's right...let's not upset an officer. Because we all know that they come to work happily and with no chips on their shoulders....ready to protect and serve. They'd never actually abuse their authority. Since when do cops have the right to not be upset by people they're accosting or even arresting?

By pick your battles, you mean take **** from a guy because he has a badge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If some jackhole whose appearance is kind of rough cuts in front of me in a bar, I'm not going to confront him. If I'm driving down the road, and some guy tailgates me because he wants to go faster, I'm not going to follow him to the store to tell him how dangerous and stupid it is.

You can be as brave as you want and get into as many possible no-win situations as you'd like. If you want to get into a road rage incident or a bar fight to make a stand, go for it. If you want to take on the cops because you aren't legally drunk and they shouldn't stop and ask for your ID on the sidewalk, knock yourself out and go to jail or the hospital.

I'm fine with you choosing to make EVERYTHING a battle, but I'm going to choose mine.
The difference between you and i is that there is NO battle that you'd choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
No, whats ridiculous is assaulting a police officer. If you assault one, prepare to be dealt with. End of story.
When did she assault an officer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If you look at desert's previous posts - and it's a lot - he has a pension of hate for just about everyone and that is what the poster was responding too.
I have a "pension of hate" for just about everyone? Really?

Old 04-09-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There was gravity and anti-gravity forces at work.

Or WERE they?

I don't know if I should have said "was" or "were".
I'll take "were".

The cop is probably a were wolf.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've read quite a few of them.

Don't you mean "penchant for?"

Old 04-09-2017, 02:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's my opinion that he used too much force.

I'm guessing two people, poor at decision making, came together at the wrong time.
I suspect you are right. The problem is, one of those people has been entrusted with protecting the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies