Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,394,503 times

Advertisements

Yet is disappointing more and more of them, now that he's in office.

The moral of the story: never fall in love (or fall in line) with a politician, whether they're a Republican or Democrat, whether it's Trump or Obama or Clinton or Bush or Sanders or Vermin Supreme. Can we all agree at least on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 12:58 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,648,738 times
We could post all day about Trump's lies.

But i like to see how Trump continues to play golf week after week and has taken to lying and hiding it to avoid his supporters seeing and hearing about it, because he knows it proves he is nothing like the POTUS he promised to be.

Trump talked up how hard he would work, and how he would not take a vacation nor play golf like Obama. But already Trump has spent more on vacations than Obama did over many years. And Trump has been caught playing golf while his staff were lying and claiming he was taking meetings... and not once, but at least twice and both times they only admitted it when Photos surfaced.

What we see is causal and frequent lying by Trump and by his staff. The Trump admin lies openly and shamelessly day after day week after week.

And to those Trump supporters who "don't care" about the lies. Do you think Trump is not lying to you too? Really? Does Trump have a life long history of treating his workers fair and honestly ?

I think they are finally starting to understand, that Trump is in fact lying to them the most. And what makes that so much worse, is that they are the ones who actually need a voice, and trump used that need to get his victory. Trump took advantage of their desperation.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:00 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,246,003 times
Of course, without congressional legislation, the president can not fulfill promises...
But don't tell that to the muggles.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times
This is the overwhelming hypocrisy to me -- when Trump was campaigning he had a solution to everything -- everything was going to be fixed. His opponents and critics did raise the questions as to the feasibility of fulfilling all his promises but Trump and supporters said -- he could fix it all.

NOW -- oh healthcare is hard, being a President is hard, not everything I want to do can be done.

Welcome to governing.

Every politician has great dreams of accomplishing tasks......they find out the hard way that it just isn't possible.

Trump had no clue how government works....and that is showing.

I don't think all of his goals were crazy...some were lofty and are ideals that many politicians have aspired to...but quickly learn, almost impossible to achieve.

It is early days yet. Some changes are being made (Bannon being put in his place -- sort of) and maybe we can see some of the more practical, necessary goals being achieved and having positive results.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,074,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Of course, without congressional legislation, the president can not fulfill promises...
Yeah but I don't think Trump knew that. I think Trump thought you sit on your throne and bark orders and everyone jumps -- especially when you are the party in power.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,648,738 times
Quote:
Trump's whole damn job is to bring consensus , lead the nation and guide the houses.

Dont blame the Republicans when a Republican POTUS does more to divide them than unite them.

Trump presented a hard date to vote, then he gave ultimatums because he has no understanding of team building, building consensus, reaching out or compromise.

Trump is an autocratic leader in a democratic system! It does not work by design. Our system was designed to AVOID people like Trump forcing their will on the poeple.

That is the strength of our system. Trump tested it and it proved resilient.

Now Trump needs to modify his approach or waste what is left of his political capital trying to bend the nation to his will.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:30 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
And he didn't know that before making those promises?

He's either not very bright about the way the country works or he's a liar.

Which one is it?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:31 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,394,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And he didn't know that before making those promises?

He's either not very bright about the way the country works or he's a liar.

Which one is it?
I don't think this an "either/or" thing in Trump's case.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:00 PM

809 posts, read 749,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post

The moral of the story: never fall in love (or fall in line) with a politician, whether they're a Republican or Democrat, whether it's Trump or Obama or Clinton or Bush or Sanders or Vermin Supreme. Can we all agree at least on that?
I'm not buying into your premise. I don't think any Presidential candidate lied as much as trump. Just do a websearch on trump lies (as long as you don't have a datacap....

I think politifacts does a good job:

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Yes, I think all politicians simplify (like "you can keep your health plan, your doctor, PERIOD), but some lie much more than others.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:38 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,608,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post

Every campaign promise he's unable to keep, is a blessing to this country and to the entire world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies