Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is utter trivia, as are any points about how it may not have been a life and death matter for that doctor to fly on the plane. All that matters in this case is that a customer who had done nothing wrong was attacked by 3 officials and dragged out of his seat.
Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 09:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
I would also note that all 3 Airport Police men have now been suspended. Not just the one who did it but the other two for not intervening.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I would also note that all 3 Airport Police men have now been suspended. Not just the one who did it but the other two for not intervening.
Somethings up. This doesn't past the sniff test.

Cops don't get suspended for excessive force like what was used in this case and they damn sure don't suspend cops for NOT intervening in cases like this. Something else happened off camera??? The actual "scuffle" from the time the crazy doctor was grabbed to the time he was yanked out of his seat happened quick.

I haven't been paying real close attention to the aftermath so maybe I've missed something.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They were not overbooked. They were sold out and then for reasons unknown to anyone here they had a crew they needed to reposition. Whether or not they had other viable options with regard to repositioning that crew is also unknown to anyone here.

I am amazed that so many people could care less what all the facts of the situation are if not just out of curiosity.
Unfortunately the same people keep making the same mistakes and repeat what they hear. Whatever fits their agenda, truth doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
But, again, I didn't say it was the passenger's problem to fix.

I simple agreed with another poster that despite all the outrage from his fellow passengers, no one was willing to give up their seat to him even after they learned he was supposedly a doctor with an urgent need to see patients.
Agreed. That's what posers do.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
I saw they were suspended. Is someone actually reporting they were suspended for "not intervening" Didn't see that.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Unfortunately the same people keep making the same mistakes and repeat what they hear. Whatever fits their agenda, truth doesn't matter.

Nonsense. The United side of this discussion has gotten it wrong far more often than the passenger side.

And none of the passengers were given truthful access to what was actually available if bumped. So we do not know if any would have volunteered if not lied to by United.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:08 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,292,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
All too predictable....I knew it would happen sooner or later. There is always the person who has to chime in to oppose the majority opinion to garner attention. i.e. everyone is bashing United so you will take the opposite view and insinuate that people are just repeating what they hear. Unfortunately, some individuals deliberately have to oppose the status quo to garner attention. If everyone shares an opinion, those individuals will take the opposite view and will rely on "alternative facts" to fit their agenda.

Quote:
I love this argument from the "op Posers" So the passengers' outrage is somehow not credible because none of them gave up their seat to the man? Talk about a lazy argument. The passengers have their reasons to be on the flight and are entitled to their seat in the same way the victim was entitled to his seat.

Your comments are the very definition of lazy debate.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is utter trivia, as are any points about how it may not have been a life and death matter for that doctor to fly on the plane. All that matters in this case is that a customer who had done nothing wrong was attacked by 3 officials and dragged out of his seat.
I don't agree that's all that matters. It may be all that matters to the doctor taken off the plane, but to the general public at large or at least the ones who fly, everything leading up to the end result should matter.

When you have a knee jerk emotional reaction to a situation and don't examine all the facts involved, how to you know the solutions put in place to prevent it from happening again are the appropriate ones? As well as, how do you know, the "solutions" aren't setting up a bunch of unintended consequences.

Additionally, without asking those questions, you are simply relying on United to resolve all the moving parts that led up to someone dragged from a plane.

I find it rather amazing that there is so much confusion even among so called experts re when the airline can bump you, who controls these airport security people, and what their authority is. All things you would think would have been spelled out long ago for all parties involved.

All that being said, I will concede that from some of the things I am seeing now, the airport police or whatever they are probably exceeded their authority. They may also have been misled by United airlines staff as to the state of belligerence/threat that the passenger posed.

In channel surfing, I saw someone connected with LAX airport security say they never get involved in disputes between the airlines and customers over these types issues and that the Chicago airport cops should have done the same. A lot of other chatter about possibly they were misled about the threat the passenger posed and how they should have determined what the sitch was before they went in and left when they saw it was an airline/customer dispute and made the airlines solve it. While also acknowledging that once you get any type of cop involved, they are primed to act and not back down.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. The United side of this discussion has gotten it wrong far more often than the passenger side.

And none of the passengers were given truthful access to what was actually available if bumped. So we do not know if any would have volunteered if not lied to by United.
What are you basing this statement on?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
All too predictable....I knew it would happen sooner or later. There is always the person who has to chime in to oppose the majority opinion to garner attention. i.e. everyone is bashing United so you will take the opposite view and insinuate that people are just repeating what they hear. Unfortunately, some individuals deliberately have to oppose the status quo to garner attention. If everyone shares an opinion, those individuals will take the opposite view and will rely on "alternative facts" to fit their agenda.
Your post is absurd. My post agreed with the poster who CORRECTLY pointed out another poster who didn't research. Nothing to do with opinion. It isn't an opinion to say the problem was overbooking when the facts show otherwise.
Why in the world are you defending someone who has just been proven wrong?

Quote:

I love this argument from the "op Posers" So the passengers' outrage is somehow not credible because none of them gave up their seat to the man? Talk about a lazy argument.
A poser would think its' lazy. The laughable thing about your factless statement is the people who were outraged were also too lazy to give up their sets.

Quote:
The passengers have their reasons to be on the flight and are entitled to their seat in the same way the victim was entitled to his seat.
Entitled? The ticket is a contract which says you can be removed.

Quote:
Your comments are the very definition of lazy debate.
It's not a debate when you lie about the issue and have presented no facts. None what so ever.
The laughable thing about your silly post is you complain about lazy, while missing the point and ignoring the fact that another poster, a poster you are defending, was admonished for being lazy. The very same thing you are falsely accusing me of.

Post some more please. I can use another laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies