Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 10:37 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,097,050 times

Advertisements

^He was a Doctor. He had patients to see.

They should have moved on to someone else until they found another taker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 10:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Precisely.

This is the point. The issue was UA's. They chose to decide that things in America, with the TSA and all of that, had moved to the point to where they could deal with a passenger in a high handed manner and get away with it. Its simply another step in the devolving of how we are treated in this country and expected to take it silently, as many here have insisted was the right way for this guy to have responded. "Dont make a scene, just accept the crap as part of life now and meekly walk away".

UA didnt do nearly , not anywhere close, to what they could have to have gotten 4 passengers off AND leaving with a smile on their face instead of blood and damaged teeth. They simply thought that the times had changed enough to where they could treat their passengers this way. And some here argue FOR this right on their part.
I'm not disagreeing at all. UA could have opened up a seat, but they chose not to.

I'm disagreeing with a bunch of other nonsense which would increase the cost of travel in order to address an incident that was a rare occurrence.

I've flow hundreds of times and have never seen a passenger forcibly removed.

I've never once been able to get compensation for giving up a seat. Every time I've tried, somebody else has given up their seat for too cheap.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sure they can. They can keep a spare plane and spare crew on the ready for every flight.

Enjoy paying double for every flight.
Most of us have obligations and a schedule to meet. How about those of you, who are on a tight budget and unemployed with all the time in the world, get a discount ticket with the commitment to be bumped if needed.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^He was a Doctor. He had patients to see.

They should have moved on to someone else until they found another taker.
They should have never been in the position of selecting a passenger. They simply refused to make an appropriate offer to get someone to give up their seat.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Most of us have obligations and a schedule to meet. How about those of you, who are on a tight budget and unemployed with all the time in the world, get a discount ticket with the commitment to be bumped if needed.
i think you are now arguing with yourself, lol.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:45 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,796,708 times
UA did not have the legal right to refuse him service.

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the...t-matters.html

Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
i think you are now arguing with yourself, lol.
No I'm not. I'm not talking about refundable tickets, I'm talking about deep discounted tickets for those who agree to be bumped (without compensation) if their seat is needed. They are then booked on the next available flight.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Used to fly on $99 student stand-by tickets. Worked out well.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:52 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Here's yet another one, take that blind United supporters!

United Airlines Changes Policy for Displacing Passengers

Quote:
A few days after a passenger was violently dragged off of a United Airlines plane, the company has changed their policies on how they displace travelers.

United Airlines crew members will not be able to bump a passenger who is already seated in one of the airline’s planes, according to NPR. The policy change was first reported by TMZ.

NPR reported that United updated its policy “to make sure crews traveling on our aircraft are booked at least 60 minutes prior to departure. This ensures situations like Flight 3411 never happen again.”

If a crew member isn’t booked an hour before the flight, then they will have to wait for the next available plane.

It had to take a man being brutally assaulted by airport rent a cops in order for this sort of change to benefit customers was implemented.

Dr. Dao, a true modern day hero.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Delta Now Pays Up To $9,950 If You Volunteer To Switch Flights | The Huffington Post

“If not enough volunteers were solicited via self-service, make the scripted oversold flight gate announcement to solicit more volunteers. ... Solicit up to $2,000 regardless of domestic or international travel,” the memo reads. “If a higher amount is required to prevent an involuntary denied boarding, contact a PSA/OSM. PSA/OSMs can issue a maximum $9,950 Domestic/International.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies