Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 10:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Here is the one United incident I saw.

A pregnant woman was seated in the row in front of me in economy; she was in the center seat. The door had been shut and everything was getting buttoned down for pushing back, so there were no more customers coming onboard.

The woman asked very politely if she could move to an open seat in the economy plus section a couple rows up to get more comfortable. The stewardess said she could if she wanted to pay extra.

I scoffed out loud and made a, "Yeah, let's not be nice to the pregnant woman until she ponies up another $100." or something to that affect.

It was at that moment that I knew there was a cultural problem at United.
United is all about the immediate money and their Pareto law customers. If you are not these big fish, they don't care. More people need to realize this. United needs to realize they need more customer centric policies, even if you aren't in the 20% of your passengers giving you 80% of your business. You never know who eventually be your next 20%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 10:30 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
United needs to realize they need more customer centric policies
Or at least that is what we consumers wish was true.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:08 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The airline said they repeatedly tried to switch seats, moving from economy seats to upgraded economy seats.

The couple said they complied and moved back to their assigned seats when asked but were told they had to get off the plane anyway.

Who you going to believe?
I just figured they were giving the sleeping guy a break and took empty seats. I would imagine they were in a happy mood, they were on their way to getting married. I probably would have done the same thing. Now, if switching seats got to be like musical chairs, I would have asked the stewardess to wake the man. I wasn't there, but I don't see how this progressed to being removed from the plane.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:20 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I just figured they were giving the sleeping guy a break and took empty seats. I would imagine they were in a happy mood, they were on their way to getting married. I probably would have done the same thing. Now, if switching seats got to be like musical chairs, I would have asked the stewardess to wake the man. I wasn't there, but I don't see how this progressed to being removed from the plane.
I don't either. Especially when there were reportedly plenty of seats on the plane.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Or at least that is what we consumers wish was true.
Talk to me again when future revenues slip. I believe you say the market will have the answers. I'd double check but you have your settings to private...

Old 04-17-2017, 12:13 PM
bUU

Quote:
Talk to me again when future revenues slip.
Because short-term financials is what determines a successful company to you, eh?

How about we meet back here in two years and see if Delta, American and the rest are doing so much better than United.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Because short-term financials is what determines a successful company to you, eh?

How about we meet back here in two years and see if Delta, American and the rest are doing so much better than United.
Costumer service is a continuous issue with United/Continental.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:

So you think that United can recover from these kind of PR disasters? Maybe they can, but that wasn't the case for US Air, they were forced to merge with AA because their business tanked after they decided they didn't need to worry about customer service.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:04 PM
bUU

Quote:
Costumer service is a continuous issue with United/Continental.
Woman dragged off Delta flight by police after reportedly failing to check in at gate

'Too Fat To Fly' Passenger Sues Southwest Airlines Over 'Discriminatory Actions' - ABC News

Spirit Airlines scores dead last in customer satisfaction - Apr. 26, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/EverybodyHatesAA/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you think that United can recover from these kind of PR disasters?
I think 99% of those who are "outraged" about United right now will have put United down below #100 on their list of things they are outraged about within three months, and more than half of those with an opportunity to do so will do something within their own life to belie their "outrage" within two years, either booking a United flight or voting for a politician who vote against consumer protection.

There's no integrity in fear-induced mob mentality. It's mindless, and goes as quickly as it comes. Fear-induced mob mentality is wholly different, in that way, from principled opposition. Those who are the targets of fear-induced mob mentality are generally smart enough to know it just needs to just be waited out. Meanwhile, all the energy so spent is wasted instead of being directed toward measures to actually address consumer protection (or even just try to protect the minimal consumer protection we have from efforts by the government to do away with it).

Last edited by bUU; 04-17-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 04-17-2017, 02:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you think that United can recover from these kind of PR disasters? Maybe they can, but that wasn't the case for US Air, they were forced to merge with AA because their business tanked after they decided they didn't need to worry about customer service.
You have it backwards. Usair bought AMR out of bankruptcy. AA service had gone in the tank after the bankruptcy with multiple labor problems plaguing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies