Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 02:17 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,701,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You have it backwards. Usair bought AMR out of bankruptcy. AA service had gone in the tank after the bankruptcy with multiple labor problems plaguing them.
And there you go. No one really remembers who had bad customer service and who didn't. And the mob doesn't care. Despite their occasional raving, they have demonstrated repeatedly that all they care about is low fares. And when the CFPB is eliminated, they'll cheer as they think it will save them money. The myopic fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
IMO Dr. Dao is a scam artist that made matters worse in order to get the big payout. And what I want to know now is where was his wife in all of this nonsense? I see no sign of her in the videos and in the original news accounts, but now his lawyer was saying that he was traveling with his wife. So why didn't he simply decline being bumped and say that he was traveling with his wife and they couldn't be parted?

Meanwhile, he is a scumbag who has had his medical license pulled before (he was charged with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers, including hydrocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet) and he made someone who owed him money pay him back with gay sex in a motel.

Anyway, I have no sympathy for that man and I see no reason to boycott United Airlines.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 PM

37,100 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
IMO Dr. Dao is a scam artist that made matters worse in order to get the big payout. And what I want to know now is where was his wife in all of this nonsense? I see no sign of her in the videos and in the original news accounts, but now his lawyer was saying that he was traveling with his wife. So why didn't he simply decline being bumped and say that he was traveling with his wife and they couldn't be parted?

Meanwhile, he is a scumbag who has had his medical license pulled before (he was charged with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers, including hydrocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet) and he made someone who owed him money pay him back with gay sex in a motel.

Anyway, I have no sympathy for that man and I see no reason to boycott United Airlines.
His wife was bumped, too. She has apparently decided not to speak to the press (which is understandable) and either no one has video of her or those who do have declined to share it with the world (which is commendable).

It may very well be she told her husband that resistance was futile and she left him sitting there.

Being a scumbag does not justify the treatment he received.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
His wife was bumped, too. She has apparently decided not to speak to the press (which is understandable) and either no one has video of her or those who do have declined to share it with the world (which is commendable).

It may very well be she told her husband that resistance was futile and she left him sitting there.

This. Who cares if Dao was a drug felon or not, the fact is NOBODY deserves to be dragged out of a seat when they are seated. Dao was bumped far too late in the process. You nor anyone should be bumped after taking your seat. Let alone be dragged off and lawn darted into an arm rest.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:

The subject of his wife was brought up on the news conference with Dao's attorneys. She was not "bumped" (following the definition of the word) but was removed from the flight right after her husband was drug off according to the attorney.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:03 AM

37,100 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The subject of his wife was brought up on the news conference with Dao's attorneys. She was not "bumped" (following the definition of the word) but was removed from the flight right after her husband was drug off according to the attorney.
That is new information for me then. I had understood that the Daos were two of the four who were originally bumped. That to me makes the algorithm for bumping people even more defective. It splits up families who are traveling together.

Air Canada apologizes for bumping 10-year-old boy from flight to Costa Rica | Montreal Gazette

DH and I have to travel over an hour to get home after we leave the airport and for our most common trips to visit family have to travel about an hour to reach our destinations after landing. Bumping only one of us would mean the other would either have a couple of hours driving to and from home or to and from the kid's house or would have to get a hotel room to wait to pick up the delayed person. Something tells me the airline would not feel obligated to reimburse for that.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:

Do you think the airlines should look up passenger past convictions and make their determination of who gets bumped based on them?

Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,701,479 times
Quote:
That is new information for me then.
I think you misunderstood the previous poster. Two couples were selected for IDB, including the violator and his wife. The way it was reported was that the wife was prevented from complying because her way off the aircraft was blocked by her husband. He was seated between his wife and the aisle and would have had to get up in order for anyone to get past him. He refused.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:22 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Dr. Dao was in a window seat.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:37 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,928 times
Quote:

Want to know who the scam artist is in this scenario? The correct answer is, United Airlines. Keep kissing corporate butt. Lets see how that works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I love how his loving wife sees everything going on, but you literally don't see any evidence that she was even on the plane as they are dragging his lifeless body away, lmaoo. Marriage is beautiful aint it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies