Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm going to ask you again, where is the fear induced mob mentality in this situation. I have no idea what you are talking about when you claim there is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Since I've already outlined it earlier in the thread, and informed you of that already, the logical conclusion is that you are simply obstinately refusing to acknowledge what I've written. I'm not going to pander to such evasions.
And there you have it, folks.

On a thread about a man being forcibly removed from a plane, one persons insists that the man himself initiated the violence. He was sitting there, minding his own business, declining to be robbed of his flight to Louisville, when the next thing you know he gets his nose broken, a couple teeth knocked out, and is hauled half-unconscious up the aisle.

Now a post on "fear induced mob mentality" which makes no sense either.

When asked to explain --"I'm not going to pander to such evasions."

Favorite phrases tossed randomly into the mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Go try your theory at a rental house to a tenant who's rent is paid and there's no paperwork to evict and see what happens.
Dao paid for his seat and the airline both accepted payment AND allowed him to sit in it therefore it was his for the length of the flight.
Nonsense. When authorized security personnel issue instructions to leave the plane, or the terminal, or the airport, the correct behavior is to comply and deal with the legalities later. Failure to do so by blockade IS INITIATION OF VIOLENCE and justifies a VIOLENT RESPONSE. If resistance causes your teeth to be knocked out, so be it. You had it coming.

And I don't give a rat's azz what UA admits or doesn't admit or what sort of damage control they use to assuage the legion of entitled irrato-emotive SJWs now coming out of the woodwork.

The so-called doctor, whose behavior becomes understandable in the context of his background, deserved exactly what he got, and is lucky he didn't get shot.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post

The so-called doctor, whose behavior becomes understandable in the context of his background, deserved exactly what he got, and is lucky he didn't get shot.
I think him getting shot would have been taking things a bit far Marc..........

Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Nonsense. When authorized security personnel issue instructions to leave the plane, or the terminal, or the airport, the correct behavior is to comply and deal with the legalities later. Failure to do so by blockade IS INITIATION OF VIOLENCE and justifies a VIOLENT RESPONSE. If resistance causes your teeth to be knocked out, so be it. You had it coming.

And I don't give a rat's azz what UA admits or doesn't admit or what sort of damage control they use to assuage the legion of entitled irrato-emotive SJWs now coming out of the woodwork.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so. Kind of like squatters...

Old 04-20-2017, 07:11 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
<lies>
Stop lying about what I wrote because you're too lazy to go back and actually read it.

I shared my perspectives on this matter over a dozen or more comments. Be an upstanding participant and read the discussion you jumped in the middle of. Not doing so is trolling.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Stop lying about what I wrote because you're too lazy to go back and actually read it.

I shared my perspectives on this matter over a dozen or more comments. Be an upstanding participant and read the discussion you jumped in the middle of. Not doing so is trolling.
Your comments make no sense.

Baseless accusations, random pet phrases, and insults are not the stuff of decent dialogue.

Ignore.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I think it would be more comparable to a hotel room. A hotel can refund a guest their money and remove them from a room for cause.
Keep in mind, I still blame UA for what happened.
Oh please... do you know what 'for cause' means? That means smoking in a non-smoking room, making excessive noise after being warned. They can't wake you up at 4AM and kick you out of your room because someone else wants to stay in it

Old 04-20-2017, 08:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
And there you have it, folks.

On a thread about a man being forcibly removed from a plane, one persons insists that the man himself initiated the violence. He was sitting there, minding his own business, declining to be robbed of his flight to Louisville, when the next thing you know he gets his nose broken, a couple teeth knocked out, and is hauled half-unconscious up the aisle.

Now a post on "fear induced mob mentality" which makes no sense either.

When asked to explain --"I'm not going to pander to such evasions."

Favorite phrases tossed randomly into the mix.
Poster has been vaguer than vague throughout this entire thread with some stock phrases and ideologies thrown in.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:44 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Ignore.
You ignored the first 1500+ messages in the thread... makes sense for you to ignore the rest of the thread as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Poster has been vaguer than vague throughout this entire thread with some stock phrases and ideologies thrown in.
Don't let the craven laziness of other posters draw you into posting such nonsense. Posting comments that aren't vapid mob mentality-worth sound bites and that require a high school education to understand is not "vagueness".

If people are going to be lazy and not go back and read the thread, then at least have the decency to admit it and not lie about what others have posted, just to have something to say in response.

By popular demand, I will show the lazy what they should have done before jumping into a discussion in the middle and lying about what I've posted... the most relevant comments are highlighted in bold.
Quote:
Perhaps both the right wing and left wing have both lost their minds. Marc's argument is puzzling, but there's a kernel of inescapable truth within that no one can refute: The passenger was asked to deplane. At that point, the passenger's only legitimate response is to deplane and seek redress legally or through customer service. There is no basis on which he has a right to stay in his seat, refusing to deplane. You can make up whatever arguments you wish about how he could be due a windfall of cash in the aftermath of his deplaning, but not deplaning was simply not supportable on any legitimate basis.

The airline screwed up the PR majorly, but the fact that so many people are twisting that into their making a more substantive mistake is bewildering. It's okay to not like the way the industry operates, but to cast as a mistake an airline operating in accordance with industry standards is self-deception. It shields you, perhaps, from having to face the fact that it is the industry you're mad at, which is inevitably a much less gratifying target for your ire, especially since the laws that the industry operates under and the standards that the industry applies are all a reflection of how duplicitous voters are - saying they want consumer protections but not voting for legislators who will impose them - and a reflection of how cravenly opportunistic consumers are - rewarding the lowest cost provider and quick to punish providers who try to charge a little more for more humane terms and conditions.

I am disgusted with how badly the American public allowed itself to be manipulated into a rabid frenzy against the airline in this case, and in some cases even against the airport police. (That's one reason why I waited a few days before posting to this thread.) No the airline and the police aren't angels and the passenger isn't a demon, but the airline didn't do much wrong, aside from public relations, which hurt them not passengers; the police's inexpert handling reflects the municipality inadequately resourcing training for their officers; and in the end, regardless of the actual legal outcome, this incident was the fault of one man who simply felt he was more important than everyone and everything else, and who engaged in antisocial behavior thinking he could do so with impunity.
Next time, do your own research. Stop being lazy.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
You ignored the first 1500+ messages in the thread... makes sense for you to ignore the rest of the thread as well.

Don't let the craven laziness of other posters draw you into posting such nonsense. Posting comments that aren't vapid mob mentality-worth sound bites and that require a high school education to understand is not "vagueness".

If people are going to be lazy and not go back and read the thread, then at least have the decency to admit it and not lie about what others have posted, just to have something to say in response.

By popular demand, I will show the lazy what they should have done before jumping into a discussion in the middle and lying about what I've posted... the most relevant comments are highlighted in bold.
Next time, do your own research. Stop being lazy.
But of course this post is obvious drivel and the one cited a collection of opinion cited as fact.

In this particular thread the obvious winners of the senseless drivel post awards are Marc P and bUU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies