Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He had sex with his white male patient, but still has a wife and 5 children. This will matter in the public, and maybe the court too.
What in H*ll does this have to do with his removal from the plane????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
So this is unexpected. Apparently China represents 20% of United's business and they have not taken this incident well at all. It has been viewed in China 200 million times already.

How China Could Kill United Airlines - The Daily Beast

Old 04-11-2017, 09:58 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
The situation could have been handled creatively by the Pilot by following another United Pilot's lead from a few months ago and there would have been plenty of seats available....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ad8e94a5e4d2
Too funny.

But, seriously, I don't want to fly with my fellow lunatic Americans either, so I probably would have volunteered to get off once I saw the doc acting like a lunatic.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You'd be surprised how you pay when you demand entitled treatment lol.
So not being dragged off a flight is an entitled treatment now... This flight wasn't an overbooked messed but rather it was due to people needing to be in Louisville and using a full flight to transport them AFTER the people boarded. I've flown several times with several different airlines and even on United flights they would work to fix overbooked flights WAY before boarding.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:09 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So not being dragged off a flight is an entitled treatment now...
That's the way things work in the Conservative Utopia Bizarro World Twilight Zone.

Not getting a jackboot to the face is their idea of an entitlement. Reality is stranger than fiction.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:12 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,996 times
Somebody tweeted:

Instead of miles or points I have the United Visa. I'm three black eyes away from a round-trip ticket.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
That's the way things work in the Conservative Utopia Bizarro World Twilight Zone.

Not getting a jackboot to the face is their idea of an entitlement. Reality is stranger than fiction.
Yah like clinging to the pole in the back of an airplane screaming just kill me is not Bizarro lol. Get real.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I have a lot of questions about this. Mainly with the law enforcement. Did they do their job? Was there excessive force? What made the man think he was more superior than the other 3 that were also chosen to lose seats? They all humbly got up, but this guy was special. Who made the call to have law officers come on the plane? Once the man saw law enforcement come on the plane why did he think he had the power to refuse them? Things I am very curious about.
I am also puzzling over this. I read the passenger left the plane voluntarily, then ran back on board. How did it get to the point where he was physically dragged off the plane? I think if an official told me if I didn't leave, then I would be dragged off the plane, I would have gotten off, and then taken it further afterwards.

The image of a grown man, a doctor for gawds sake, taking it to this point of physical dragging, because he wouldn't leave as instructed, I find quite bizarre.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:36 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So this is unexpected. Apparently China represents 20% of United's business and they have not taken this incident well at all. It has been viewed in China 200 million times already.

How China Could Kill United Airlines - The Daily Beast

Wow. This is literally their ground zero. As if losing nearly a billion dollars in stock value wasn't bad enough lol. I wonder what are the odds they'll have similar overbooking incidents after this, or further PR disasters.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Wow. This is literally their ground zero. As if losing nearly a billion dollars in stock value wasn't bad enough lol. I wonder what are the odds they'll have similar overbooking incidents after this, or further PR disasters.
Americans have the memory of a fruit fly. In 2 weeks, the stock price will be back to normal, and most people will have forgotten which airline it was that through the brigand off the plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies