Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 08:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,875,590 times

Advertisements

Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Lee Join Anti-Poverty Rally in Los Angeles | NBC Bay Area

Pelosi joins hundreds at anti-poverty rally in California | The Sacramento Bee

Barbara Lee calls it a "moral outrage" and "it is wrong and un-American"

I guess part of the reason for the march is they want to do another big welfare expansion that would provide cash assistance to families.

The real moral outrage is that these women and men continue to procreate more children in poverty.

It is also wrong and un-American that so many American workers try as hard they can to put on their own tables and have a roof over their head for their own families. Now, these rich liberals like Lee and Pelosi want to take it away and give it to these poor families who should have known better then to become pregnant when poor.

Many of these famiies also have section 8 to pick a luxury home and EBT plus WIC handouts for food and expensive formula and now the state of California wants to give them direct cash assistance which is likely beer and wine money for many of these children's parents.

I have been in grocery stores in poor neighborhood where there is a high-poverty rate and many times I have noticed that expensive beer's, wine's and liquor's being rung up at the same time that WIC vouchers and EBT is being used.

I also have seen strollers with rattling liquor bottles in these high-poverty neighborhoods and they want extra-cash assistance for more hard liquor which many of these people will use it for.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 04-09-2017 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,695,092 times
Whenever people hold up "the children" shield it's a red herring. They're really marching for illegal immigrants.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:03 PM

17,650 posts, read 17,769,149 times
And will either of these very wealthy ladies donate a sizable portion of their fortune to help the poor or is their answer to raise taxes so the federal government can give the poor, and the two ladies, more money.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I guess part of the reason for the march is they want to do another big welfare expansion that would provide cash assistance to families.

The real moral outrage is that these women and men continue to procreate more children in poverty.

It is also wrong and un-American that so many American workers try as hard they can to put on their own tables and have a roof over their head for their own families. Now, these rich liberals like Lee and Pelosi want to take it away and give it to these poor families who should have known better then to become pregnant when poor.

Many of these famiies also have section 8 to pick a luxury home and EBT plus WIC handouts for food and expensive formula and now the state of California wants to give them direct cash assistance which is likely beer and wine money for many of these children's parents.

I have been in grocery stores in poor neighborhood where there is a high-poverty rate and many times I have noticed that expensive beer's, wine's and liquor's being rung up at the same time that WIC vouchers and EBT is being used.

I also have seen strollers with rattling liquor bottles in these high-poverty neighborhoods and they want extra-cash assistance for more hard liquor which many of these people will use it for.

The constitution says to promote general welfare, not provide it.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:27 PM

11,298 posts, read 11,064,633 times
Quote:
The real moral outrage is that these women and men continue to procreate more children in poverty.I also have seen strollers with rattling liquor bottles in these high-poverty neighborhoods and they want extra-cash assistance for more hard liquor which many of these people will use it for.
People who are used to third world living are especially good at one thing - - - making babies. It's what they know and what they're good at, and they thrive on ways to exploit government welfare dollars. It also ensures more democrat voters for the future. This is why liberals have no issues with sacrificing everyone's tax dollars to take care of them as it will benefit them in the end.

Build the wall, or take other measures to secure our precious border. MAGA!

Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Yeah, well you guys have no problem finding money for wars. Find money for this too.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:19 AM

17,650 posts, read 17,769,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well you guys have no problem finding money for wars. Find money for this too.
Except providing for national defense is part of the duties and responsibilities of the federal government. Providing welfare isn't part of their duties, it's part of their vote buying through tax money.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,603,097 times
Quote:

Speaking out against child poverty, huh?

Oh, the horror, the nerve of these people!

Old 04-10-2017, 05:30 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,644,183 times
People are poor because they are bad with money, not because they don't have any.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:10 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,392 times
That's up to California. Let them pay more taxes to cover more assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies