Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 10:15 AM

30,302 posts, read 23,784,547 times

Advertisements

I find it hilarious that the left is all outraged that Spicer compared Assad to Hitler while they've been screaming "Trump is literally Hitler" for over a year.

Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,739,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I find it hilarious that the left is all outraged that Spicer compared Assad to Hitler while they've been screaming "Trump is literally Hitler" for over a year.

Hypocrites.
The whole Hitler comparison thing has been used to the point that it makes the real Hitler seem innocuous.
The system don't teach History enough for kids to really understand how bad WW2 was. Try to do a man on the street interview on WW2 and see some of the ridiculous answers you get.

Last edited by my54ford; 04-12-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 11:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Hypocrites.
It wasn't that he compared Assad to Hitler, it was that he was implying Assad was worse than Hitler.. It was an inappropriate comparison. It didn't get the point across. He goofed.

So It's not exactly the same.

BUT BUT BUT...I too HATED the references to Hitler & Nazis during Trump's campaign. We throw that whole thing around way too much.

Not a fan of Trump's but I would never compare anything he does to Hitler.

I will say I think he kind of would like a dictatorship. That's what he's use to doing. He's use to calling the shots, not answering to anybody. Can't do that as President. But to jump to World WAR II analogies is a little much for me.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The whole Hitler comparison thing has been used to the point that it makes the real Hitler seem innocuous.
The system don't teach History enough for kids to really understand how bad WW2 was. Try to do a man on the street interview on WW2 and see some of the ridiculous answers you get.
It isn't the kids throwing out those terms loosey goosey all over the place though. It's the full on grown ups -- and I think they use it for drama sake -- which does seem to miniimilize the severity of it all.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
WOW - tell that to the relative of a Jewish person who had a loved one sent to the gas chambers. Also wonder what Ivanka or Jared would say?
Pretty skeevy to make a post like this to someone explaining to you the technical difference between the two and you try to strawman them into appearing to not care about Jewish gas chamber deaths.

Have you no moral compass?

Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Well Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on the battlefield. He just established concentration camps and gassed the jews.
You still don't get it.

The importance of the incident was Spicer's stupid response, not the poison gas!

It doesn't matter where Hitler used gas or not. This is about Spicer, not the events of WWII.

Trying to deflect this topic is stupid itself.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:26 PM

13,232 posts, read 21,853,680 times
"I have the best people".
"I have the best words".

More trump lies. Spicer is a stammering imbecile and a national embarrassment, as is the rest of this sham of a presidency.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 11 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,606,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Spicer should be replaced as WH spokesman. He is embarrassingly stupid. WH spokesman is a very important job and he is not qualified to do it.
A+ right there. At best, he's a Baghdad Bob figure who makes hilarious misstatements of facts or plain untruths on behalf of his boss.

Any way you cut it, he is very unprofessional to say stuff like *that*. Knowing how to phrase / frame a situation is a vital part of carrying out his job duties. This is the position of Press Secretary for the POTUS, not some random YouTube loudmouth spewing b.s. into a camera.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:50 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,602,141 times
Can we also make a thread about every stupid question a liberal reporter has tried to ask Spicer, Im surprised he is sane at all after having to be around so many brain dead reporters as he is.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:54 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,602,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
"I have the best people".
"I have the best words".

More trump lies. Spicer is a stammering imbecile and a national embarrassment, as is the rest of this sham of a presidency.
the real embarrassment is the liberal reporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies