Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 02:34 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I've provided my reference.

Absolute War by Chris Bellamy

"Faced with the Russian resistance, the Germans used toxic smoke to try to clear them out of the caverns below Sevastopol...They were clearly ideal conditions for using chemical weapons..."

The author also mentions Odessa and the Kerch peninsula.
Ahh so the story changes. "Toxic Smoke" isn't a chemical weapon. And all smoke is toxic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Except for the battlefields around the Black Sea.
What specific battles are you referring to?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
I've provided my reference. Guess that went over your categorical head, eh?

Absolute War by Chris Bellamy

"Faced with the Russian resistance, the Germans used toxic smoke to try to clear them out of the caverns below Sevastopol...They were clearly ideal conditions for using chemical weapons..."

The author also mentions Odessa and the Kerch peninsula.

Please don't show me yours. I'm sure it's not a sight I'd be interested in.
Smoke? You're equating, as is Bellamy, the use of smoke as analogous to chemical weapons. Neither of you apparently knows what they are.

I've read Bellamy and sure didn't take out of it, chemical warfare, like you did. As a note, all smoke is "toxic".

I guess the Indians used "chemical weapons", too, since one of their tactics was to light fires to cover their escape when attacked.

I guess tear gas and Mace also meet your definition of "chemical weapons".

Old 04-11-2017, 02:37 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How does whatever's going on make an idiot representing the White House NOT a newsworthy story?

I re-read this 5 times and it still made absolutely zero sense.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM

833 posts, read 520,185 times
1) Ineloquently spoken, but factually accurate.
2) Spicer clarified later in the news conference.

In accordance with The Geneva Protocol of 1925, Nazi Germany refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war, possibly due to the personal experiences of Adolf Hitler as a sergeant in the Kaiser's army where he was gassed by British troops in 1918.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_warfare

Old 04-11-2017, 02:41 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
A Brief History of Chemical War
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:42 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
Not sure there is a difference between dropping them on people or shoving them in a gas chamber. But in TrumpWorld, whatever President Bannon tells Spicey to say is believed.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. Obviously the Holocaust was not OK.

You guys get more ridiculous with your anti-Trump arguments each day.

No wonder the Democrat party was voted out of power, bigly.

The defense of the sheer IDIOCY within this administration gets more ridiculous every day, BIGLY!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And every single other book, research paper, battle damage assessment says otherwise, including ones from what was the Soviet Union, which would have had zero reason to not publicize it and make major propaganda use of it had it really happened.

Think through things.
Again, you are mistaken.

"As the multi-volume Oxford University Press history of Germany’s conduct in World War II documents, the Nazis used chemical weapons against the Soviets on the Kerch peninsula"

John Mearsheimer Says Hitler Never Used Chemical Weapons – Tablet Magazine

Old 04-11-2017, 02:45 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Anne Frank Center calls for Spicer to be fired | TheHill

"The Anne Frank Center is calling for White House press secretary Sean Spicer to be fired after his Tuesday comments claiming Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons during World War II.

In a statement posted on Facebook, the center's executive director blasted Spicer, saying the White House spokesman "lacks the integrity" to serve in his post.

"On Passover no less, Sean Spicer has engaged in Holocaust denial, the most offensive form of fake news imaginable, by denying Hitler gassed millions of Jews to death,"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies