Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We should hold up groups like this, and their best known representative--Timothy McVeigh--and loudly proclaim that THIS is what Christianity represents.

Yes, I know this is only a small sect of a much, much, much larger religion, one in which the vast majority of adherents are not violent, but hey, this is exactly what the Muslim haters do on C-D every single day. As they say, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
except that isnt true about all christian churches. there are a few militant ones around, though, but they dont represent christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Actually it was Peter who cut off the guard's ear but otherwise I agree with you.
thank you for the correction, its been a while since i looked into that story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 05:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
except that isnt true about all christian churches. there are a few militant ones around, though, but they dont represent christianity.
Very good! Now...substitute the word Muslim for Christian you get my point.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:18 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
The beginning of a Christian ISIS perhaps. What happened to turn the other cheek. Do we give tax exemption to religious inspired para military organizations?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Very good! Now...substitute the word Muslim for Christian you get my point.
The difference is the non violent Muslims support the violent ones. But that's a different topic for another thread.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:28 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
The difference is the non violent Muslims support the violent ones. But that's a different topic for another thread.
Prove that statement. Because everything I've seen from the mainstream non-violent Muslim community says the exact opposite.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The beginning of a Christian ISIS perhaps. What happened to turn the other cheek. Do we give tax exemption to religious inspired para military organizations?
You're getting all worked up because a church wants their own security detail. This security detail's job, even if sworn, is to protect the lives and property of a very large church. They abide by the laws and training requirement of any other security or law enforcement agency. If something were to happen, they can detain the suspect until the city PD picks him up. This is not some sort of morality police force anymore than campus police are there to make sure you're doing your homework. The stupidity in this thread abounds.

Last edited by Maccabee 2A; 06-23-2017 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Made it more grammatically correct.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Prove that statement. Because everything I've seen from the mainstream non-violent Muslim community says the exact opposite.
Like I said, this is off topic. If it was on topic I would explain in detail.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
You're getting all worked up because a church wants their own security detail. This security detail's, even if sworn, job is to protect the lives and property of a very large church. They abide by the laws and training requirement of any other security or law enforcement agency. If something were to happen, they can detain the suspect until the city PD picks him up. This is not some sort of morality police force anymore than campus police are there to make sure you're doing your homework. The stupidity in this thread abounds.
]Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jesus was the first to say "Make America Great Again". He shouted it from a mountaintop near Jerusalem more than two thousand years ago. Then he reminded his flock to renew their NRA memberships.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:37 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Just leave it to one of the southern states to think of this genius idea.....

Old 06-23-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
]Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jesus was the first to say "Make America Great Again". He shouted it from a mountaintop near Jerusalem more than two thousand years ago. Then he reminded his flock to renew their NRA memberships.
Brilliant rebuttal you got there. And actually God is for people having a means of defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies