Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

agreed ^^^

This said, Mr. O’Reilly is generally pro-Republican, but he is also capable of stepping away from traditional Republican views on certain issues, and he is not always predictable.

Foxnews is not worth watching without O'Reilly. Others are trying too hard, like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 10:25 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
I never really cared for him anyways. Judge Jeanine I can't watch either.

Fox should have kept Megyn Kelly. Tough woman, gets to the point but not over the top dramatic. I hate that.

Come home from work, turn on the news, just give me the straight up report instead of drama for the sake of drama.

Hannity I can watch.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:32 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Bill announced he is going on vacation tonight and it appears he won't be coming back as he has no advertisers that will touch him with a 10 foot pole and Fox News ownership has had it with "The Factor" and Billy, the sexual predator.

Sure he is still popular with his Knuckledragger crazies but the advertisers pay the bills and the Murdoch family likes money more than they like Bill. I guess unlike Donny he can't escape or run from his sexual predator behavior and as they say what goes around comes around.

Are you listening and watching this Donny?
The Factor audience has spiked 12% since the news of the settlements broke. Oreilly will be okay.
I'm more amused with your childish name calling. How old are you? I'm guessing middle school age.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:59 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
agreed ^^^

This said, Mr. O’Reilly is generally pro-Republican, but he is also capable of stepping away from traditional Republican views on certain issues, and he is not always predictable.

Foxnews is not worth watching without O'Reilly. Others are trying too hard, like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
That's true about O'Reilly that's one reason I always liked him he was never totally predictable...and he's almost always dead on with his talking points.

I like Hannity because I think he's a good person in general, I mean you'll never see some sort of harassment scandal about him he's a family guy...but I don't watch him too often he's definitely the least balanced person on Fox News.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's true about O'Reilly that's one reason I always liked him he was never totally predictable...and he's almost always dead on with his talking points.

I like Hannity because I think he's a good person in general, I mean you'll never see some sort of harassment scandal about him... but I don't watch him too often he's definitely the least balanced person on Fox News.
Yep! I agree.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I never really cared for him anyways. Judge Jeanine I can't watch either.

Fox should have kept Megyn Kelly. Tough woman, gets to the point but not over the top dramatic. I hate that.

Come home from work, turn on the news, just give me the straight up report instead of drama for the sake of drama.

Hannity I can watch.
You don't want drama for the sake of drama, but you're a Hannity fan? LMAO

He's the biggest drama queen on TV.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
He should be watching as that's going to be his fate when Americans pull the plug on him soon. Guy is so seriously clueless in even defending a known sexual predator...

Fox should just tell it like it is, Bill is taking a permanent vacation. Good riddance!
His show suddenly ended 15 minutes early the other night.

Who knows why, but I'm guessing the word came down from the top to the director to just end it now. That would have been a very clear signal to Bill that the Fox management was going to end this soon, one way or another.

Going on vacation is a very smart idea. Bill Cosby's trial is coming up shortly, and if I was Bill, I would want to be long gone while it's going on.

Cosby has changed the narrative. Sexual harassment as a hot topic has come and gone in waves for a long time, but when the charges started piling up on Cosby, the topic never cooled down as it always did in the past.

O'Reilly's women aren't going to stop now. If he's anything like Cosby, there will be more of them coming forward. Fox already took a bit hit with Ailes' hanky-panky, and they are not about to take another one with O'Reilly so soon after Ailes was forced out.
It's cheaper for them to retire him early than to lose all that advertising money. And Fox has a big back bench of younger folks who are all waiting for the chance to be the new Bill-O.

Any of them will work cheaper than him, and any could become just as popular. After all, nobody ever stays on top forever anyway. The right replacements, brought on with enough promotion, could possibly do much better for Fox than Bill nowadays.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
His show suddenly ended 15 minutes early the other night.

Who knows why, but I'm guessing the word came down from the top to the director to just end it now. That would have been a very clear signal to Bill that the Fox management was going to end this soon, one way or another.

Going on vacation is a very smart idea. Bill Cosby's trial is coming up shortly, and if I was Bill, I would want to be long gone while it's going on.

Cosby has changed the narrative. Sexual harassment as a hot topic has come and gone in waves for a long time, but when the charges started piling up on Cosby, the topic never cooled down as it always did in the past.

O'Reilly's women aren't going to stop now. If he's anything like Cosby, there will be more of them coming forward. Fox already took a bit hit with Ailes' hanky-panky, and they are not about to take another one with O'Reilly so soon after Ailes was forced out.
It's cheaper for them to retire him early than to lose all that advertising money. And Fox has a big back bench of younger folks who are all waiting for the chance to be the new Bill-O.

Any of them will work cheaper than him, and any could become just as popular. After all, nobody ever stays on top forever anyway. The right replacements, brought on with enough promotion, could possibly do much better for Fox than Bill nowadays.

Or they could all just dissaiear into thin air like the supposed Trump victims. Can't believe Dems thought that would work lol

Old 04-12-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Good luck with all that.

Even the liberal newsmedia has said, Bill Oreilly is like a brand that is not easily replaced. His rating is still stable, the bottom line is the advertisers. The advertisers will not come back or maybe they are waiting for a good timing to come back, so they can pay cheaper rates.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:06 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Bill announced he is going on vacation tonight and it appears he won't be coming back as he has no advertisers that will touch him with a 10 foot pole and Fox News ownership has had it with "The Factor" and Billy, the sexual predator.

Sure he is still popular with his Knuckledragger crazies but the advertisers pay the bills and the Murdoch family likes money more than they like Bill. I guess unlike Donny he can't escape or run from his sexual predator behavior and as they say what goes around comes around.

Are you listening and watching this Donny?

Within the right-wing, being a sexual harasser gives him the street cred to be the next president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies