Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 12:36 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Weakening outrage against sexual harassment due to political views for about 2 decades.

All the defenses of Bill Clinton and attacks on his accusers "bigly" set the tone for brushing aside accusations against both Trump and others like O'Reilly.

P.S. Get some reality on the topic. I like Clinton WAYYYYYYY more than those other two jerks so consider this a PSA from the moderates that maybe next time you should try to hold some moral instead of political consistency.
I agree with this, Juanita Broaddrick still accuses Bill Clinton of rape, not dirty phone calls. Yet the media basically likes Bill Clintons politics so rape accusations are ok. Joy Behar on the view referred to Bill Clinton's accusers as "tramps." Feminism and left wing politics really determines how these accusations are played out in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 12:51 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
taking a break until all this nonsense passes over.
Sexual harassment/assault is nonsense in your eyes? Why do I not find that surprising for a Trump worshipper..

Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I agree with this, Juanita Broaddrick still accuses Bill Clinton of rape, not dirty phone calls. Yet the media basically likes Bill Clintons politics so rape accusations are ok. Joy Behar on the view referred to Bill Clinton's accusers as "tramps." Feminism and left wing politics really determines how these accusations are played out in the media.
Hard know what to believe as Juanita Broaddrick tells different stories to different people at different times.

She told her husband that nothing happened.

She told the guy she was having an affair with, who she later married and then divorced, that she was raped.

She also told several friends including two who may have a grudge against Clinton because, as governor, he commuted the life sentence of the man who murdered their father.

She continued to volunteer on his campaign and three weeks after the alleged incident, Broaddrick attended a Clinton fundraiser. Though she apparently had already told her lover and several friends she was raped, she claims she attended the fundraiser because she was in denial.

In 1997, Broaddrick filed an affadavit with Paula Jones' lawyers saying Clinton did not assault her.

In 1998, Broaddrick told Kenneth Starr's FBI investigators that he did. As she was viewed as an unreliable historian, Starr didn't call her as a witness.

Her story has changed so often over the years, it is difficult to determine what's what. But given that she didn't raise a hue and cry at the time, that she told different stories to her lover and her husband, and that she continued to volunteer with Clinton's campaign, the story that makes the most sense is that it was consensual sex that she later regretted.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-12-2017 at 03:54 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 03:04 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sexual harassment/assault is nonsense in your eyes? Why do I not find that surprising for a Trump worshipper..
Though O'Reilly's fans will still love him after his vacation, I suspect his advertisers wilt see this in a different light.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:39 AM

491 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Weakening outrage against sexual harassment due to political views for about 2 decades.

All the defenses of Bill Clinton and attacks on his accusers "bigly" set the tone for brushing aside accusations against both Trump and others like O'Reilly.

P.S. Get some reality on the topic. I like Clinton WAYYYYYYY more than those other two jerks so consider this a PSA from the moderates that maybe next time you should try to hold some moral instead of political consistency.
Well, I almost certainly despise Bill Clinton far more than you do. But apart from that, I couldn't agree more with what you said.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:40 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Good luck with all that.

Even the liberal newsmedia has said, Bill Oreilly is like a brand that is not easily replaced. His rating is still stable, the bottom line is the advertisers. The advertisers will not come back or maybe they are waiting for a good timing to come back, so they can pay cheaper rates.
I saw him on Jon Stewart's show or Cobert's show one time, and he was pretty funny. The host was giving him grief for being a hypocrite and said " You are too smart to believe the bullsnit that you say!" So O'Reilly launches into his usual schtick about the msm and a bunch of snobby Harvard educated liberals and the host interrupts him incredulously yelling "YOU went to Harvard" and Bill just grinned sheepishly and changed the subject.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
yeah...

He criticizes members of all political parties as the situation calls for. He's had the #1 rated cable news show for a reason in my opinion.

Sean Hannity might be a nice guy, he is trying too hard and is a little bit biased for my taste.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

Besides banging the help, having a KKK wizard as your number one advisor, and bombing sovereign nations who never attacked us, Clinton really is someone to like.
I've watched OReilly before. He isn't nearly as bad as the left portray him. Not someone I watch often.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:19 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
United Airlines should step up to the plate and sponsor the factor. Birds of a feather...

Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times
Quote:
So Bill announced he is going on vacation tonight and it appears he won't be coming back as he has no advertisers that will touch him with a 10 foot pole and Fox News ownership has had it with "The Factor" and Billy, the sexual predator.

Sure he is still popular with his Knuckledragger crazies but the advertisers pay the bills and the Murdoch family likes money more than they like Bill. I guess unlike Donny he can't escape or run from his sexual predator behavior and as they say what goes around comes around.

Are you listening and watching this Donny?
I thought sexual predators were heroes to you lefties. You elected a rapist i.e....Bill Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies