Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Syrians hail Donald Trump as their new champion: Abu Ivanka al-Amriki

"Maybe you in the West hate Trump, but he has already done far more for us than Obama," said Najim Hassan, who lives in the rebel-held Syrian city of Idlib. "We love him because he does more than he says, he's a man of action and at least he gives us something to hope for."

Bana al-Abed, the seven-year-old from Aleppo who gained a global following on Twitter for posting about life behind the government siege barriers,” wrote: “I am a Syrian child who suffered under Bashar al Asad [sic] & [Russian President Vladimir] Putin. I welcome Donald Trump action against the killers of my people.

For many this had been a long-time coming. Opposition supporters watched as President Assad’s regime gassed and killed more than 1,300 people in a Damascus suburb in 2013, an attack which crossed Barack Obama’s “red line”. But to their surprise, nothing happened.

"Father of Ivanka"... interesting title.

----------------------------

US/Syria Roundup

Many who had been angered by Mr Trump's efforts to ban Syrians, along with visitors from several other Muslim-majority nations, welcomed what they saw as his new role as the avenger of civilians killed in this week's chemical weapons attack.

Some called Thursday night's military action overdue, voicing disappointment with then-President Barack Obama's refusal to attack the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad following a 2013 chemical weapons attack.

"I was very glad that it finally happened, something that should have happened years ago," Ali Homsi, 59, a civil engineer who moved to the United States from Syria as a student in 1978, said in a telephone interview. Mr Homsi lives in Tempe, Arizona, but still has family in Syria.

Opinions on Trump regarding the immigration ban are now turning based on Trump's action. That caught me off guard.
This proves nothing. Even Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Ted Bundy and Charles Mason have fans all over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This proves nothing. Even Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Ted Bundy and Charles Mason have fans all over the world.
It wasn't meant to prove anything.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who says Syrians WANT to enter the US? My understanding is Syrians want desperately to stay in their own country.

Compassion for murdered babies is now condemned by people like you?
WHERE was Trump's supposed compassion in 2013 when Assad was gassing his people and Trump said Obama should stay away? Or his compassion for those murdered by conventional weapons? The hypocrisy should be condemned.

Quote:
My problem with toppling Assad is what happens next? Look at the disaster and human misery Obama caused in Libya by removing Qaddafi.
NICE job of conveniently ignoring the disaster and human-misery caused in Iraq by Bush's foray removing Hussein as well as giving birth to ISIS, which by the way cheered Trump's missile strike.

But you're right, there's absolutely no guarantee a toppled Assad wouldn't be replaced by someone far worse. Syria's civil war is just not America's battle.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:

Compassion for murdered babies is now condemned by people like you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh, how conservatives just love to try and spin things. Yes, texan2yankee, you are correct. Compassion for murdered babies is condemned by me.

My point was (and you knew what I meant, but deliberately tried to spin my words), is that Trump was against attacking Syria for several years. Donald Trump called Obama "very foolish" for wanting to attack Syria.

Assad has been killing innocent civilians in Syria since 2013, reports are that over 410,000 Syrian civilians have been killed since Assad took power. The gas attacks last week were horrific, but nothing new. But I guess seeing pictures of the gas attack victims last week (again, there have been pictures of dead civilians in the news for 3 years now), Trump suddenly does a copmlete 180 on the issue and is ready to bomb Syria.

In 2013, Trump slammed Obama for wanting to attack Syria. Trump also made a point that Obama needed congressional approval before attacking Syria.

In 2017, Trump attacked Syria. Trump did not get congressional approval.

Hypocrisy?

Now try and spin that.

Sorry to quote myself. texan2yankee accused me of "condemning compassion for dead babies." I responded and told him/her how they was wrong. I was hoping maybe they'll see this and eventually respond. Love to hear what they have to say in response to my comments.

Last edited by skins_fan82; 04-12-2017 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
at least he gives us something to hope for..

well, let's hope for the best.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:19 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Fun fact: Those Syrians that are praising Trump would NOT be allowed to enter the United States as refugees fleeing genocide, if Trump had his way (Muslim ban).

Those "beautiful little babies," as Trump described them, would be turned away.
Fun fact, these people would rather stay home than become a refugee which is dehumanizing. They need a safe Syria, not deportations from their home

Old 04-12-2017, 10:22 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Fun fact, these people would rather stay home than become a refugee which is dehumanizing. They need a safe Syria, not deportations from their home
So i guess you'd rather not directly address my point and acknowledge/talk about all the Syrians that were turned away at US airports when Trump first signed the executive order back in January before judges overturned it???

Old 04-12-2017, 11:04 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I'm sure many people have seen this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies