Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

People view their politics like their sports in this country, and that's the main problem.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
There's a difference between being offensive with no basis and being offensive with a basis. Birthers had no basis even after the fact that his birth certificate was released. What else do you want?

Go ask every single other European country if they think Trump is your typical conservative. Hell even Theresa May will think he's crazy and she's conservative. Easier comparison: compare it to John Kasich. Kasich used to be what the GOP stood for, he's center-right and still believes in conservative principles.
So your basis for trying to compare them to Nazi's is what? You're sounding VERY birther to me, especially with the hysterical handwringing about WW3. Crap, even worse than birther....you're sounding like Alex Jones.

Provide a logical basis. For starters, extreme rightwing is much better compared to the Japanese than the Germans so frankly you seem way out there and just chose Nazi's because you honestly don't know any better.

So, let's hear it or you're just another birther.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I look forward to day when all politicians are judged using the exact same standards.

IMO, most think their team can do no wrong and the other team can do nothing right.
About 40-50% of us actually do that. For the others, there is no fixing that partisan mental illness so you probably need to give up that pipe-dream.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:05 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Going in business was Trump's strong point, so it's no surprise to hear this. The market reaction should tell you something. I'm a CPA and I had/have high hopes for Trump and his hopeful ability to bring jobs and economy back into the U.S. instead of us being such a strong import nation which saddles us with debt.

But there is so much more to being POTUS than simply business. It's a tightrope across so many cross sections. International policy, healthcare, social issues, etc etc. I cannot judge Trump either way yet because instead of being more towards the middle, it seems his positive go far to one side of the spectrum, and his negatives go far to the other side. Imbalanced for lack of a better term.

Many of Trump's supporters were those hidden in the weeds as evidenced by what I consider the surprising flipping of the rust belt. TO the OP's point, those supporters of Trump feel they never had any support before, thus now they will "sell themselves down the river" not because it ticks off liberals, but because they feel they have never been heard before and don't want to lose that euphoria.
Good post. Makes a lot of sense.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:05 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
Honestly, I don't think this speaks to Trump specifically. It's more about just how divided our nation is. It's about conservatives fearing and hating what liberals stand for and vice Versa. As Trump himself said, he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave., shoot someone and not lose any supporters. But it's not because of Trump the individual. He just tells conservatives what they want to hear. If Pence were in office it would be the same. We are a VERY divided country and there is no end in sight.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So your basis for trying to compare them to Nazi's is what? You're sounding VERY birther to me, especially with the hysterical handwringing about WW3. Crap, even worse than birther....you're sounding like Alex Jones.

Provide a logical basis. For starters, extreme rightwing is much better compared to the Japanese than the Germans so frankly you seem way out there and just chose Nazi's because you honestly don't know any better.

So, let's hear it or you're just another birther.
Then ask the Trump administration to stop acting like a Nazi (or more generally, a fascist). If you didn't know, a fascist is far right wing.

There are certain behaviors and traits that makes a fascist a fascist. Trump and his administration exhibits a majority of those traits. (Denouncing all media as fake, deliberately twisting/denouncing the truth, defunding/disrespecting arts and sciences, using scapegoats as a way to gain more power, etc.. )
So just because the American Holocaust hasn't happened yet doesn't mean he's not worth comparison to other Fascists if he acts and talks like one.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I mean, God forbid we let poor rural whites get hosed by insurance companies, or dumped by them altogether
You should figure out the difference between insurance and charity sometime. Not being able to afford coverage isn't "getting hosed" just like not being able to drive anything but a beater with liability insurance isn't "getting hosed" either.

Heck, the taxes on some of those insurance policies are about as large as the profit margin.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You and should should simply agree to disagree.

In my eyes you are one of the biggest blindest Trump supporters on C-D I have seen. So it's safe to say you and I will NEVER agree on the subject of Trump. Instead we should talk about rum, or the Caribbean, or anything but politics.
Ahh so you want to stop talking about it when held to account to your words. So here's a question for you. What demonstration of hate have I "spewed" at you? (your words)

Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Then ask the Trump administration to stop acting like a Nazi (or more generally, a fascist). If you didn't know, a fascist is far right wing.

There are certain behaviors and traits that makes a fascist a fascist. Trump and his administration exhibits a majority of those traits. (Denouncing all media as fake, deliberately twisting/denouncing the truth, defunding/disrespecting arts and sciences, using scapegoats as a way to gain more power, etc.. )
So just because the American Holocaust hasn't happened yet doesn't mean he's not worth comparison to other Fascists if he acts and talks like one.
Acting like Nazis??? Come on man, you are smarter than that (so you claim).

Old 04-12-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:

All right, calm down Mr. Jones, we have a nice soft room for you where we will keep you safe from the American Holocaust.....WTH dude....you've gone way past birther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies