Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:28 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,406,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No, no... read it. You don't have to comment... just read it.

Here's another one for you...

Ukraine Tried to Tip the Election in Clinton’s Favor

Those documents implicated Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, who worked as an adviser for now-ousted Ukrainian President Viktor F. Yanukovych. However, the concerns that the documents raised weren’t in fact over any quasi-Russian ties, though partisan reporting pushed his narrative. Rather, the documents raised the question of whether Manafort declared the income that he had received from the position. The Podesta Group, a lobbying firm co-founded by Clinton Campaign Chair John Podesta, also conducted work for Yanukovych. However, the Manafort narrative not only painted Trump as pro-Russian, but also provided the Clinton campaign with a smear campaign while reaffirming its stance against Russia. It was in Ukraine’s best interest to tilt the election in support of Clinton, who strongly advocated for providing Ukraine with military aid and financial support in order to fight Russian separatists in the country.
DRob, I edited my post...

I'm glad that we can agree that the Russians definitely meddled in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you saying that Germany should have attacked us when it was exposed we were intercepting Merkel's phone calls? (and others)

Do you comprehend the difference between passive spying, and active interference in a election? Or is that something you avoided in order to defend Russia?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:36 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Do you comprehend the difference between passive spying, and active interference in a election? Or is that something you avoided in order to defend Russia?
How do you know how we used the information? Are you really trying to argue we never interfere in the elections of other countries? Really?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
OK....and? I think he is a moron.

You are making the same stupid assumptions so many make. That I support Trump. I DO NOT. I think he is a moron also. Trump didn't win because of the Russians. Trump won because Hillary was truly a horrible choice. One that the DNC had to resort to cheating to get the nomination.

I'm simply willing to place the blame where it belongs.

Now call me a misogynist.
You understand that nothing you've posted deals with the topic of the thread...

It's been Hillary's servers and DNC corruption and Tillerson's a boob...

For a guy who doesn't support Trump, why exactly are you here deflecting so hard against what Tillerson said today?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM

833 posts, read 520,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So you're saying that U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, appointed by President Donald Trump, confirmed by a Republican-controlled Senate, and fourth in line for POTUS - is a liar?!?!
A liar? You are in no position to defend that assertion since you did not post the full quote or a link to the full quote.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You understand that nothing you've posted deals with the topic of the thread...

It's been Hillary's servers and DNC corruption and Tillerson's a boob...

For a guy who doesn't support Trump, why exactly are you here deflecting so hard against what Tillerson said today?
I'm simply not willing to wallow in conspiracy theories. Hillary lost because of Hillary, period. The Russians had nothing to do with it.

Get over it and find a better candidate next time.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
A liar? You are in no position to defend that assertion since you did not post the full quote or a link to the full quote.
I caught it as it was breaking news, and was hoping for a better link.

Later, I did add a link to the source.

I also noted that the exchange occurred during a televised join press conference between Secretary Tillerson and Minister Lavrov, and that it might be on the news shows tonight.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm simply not willing to wallow in conspiracy theories. Hillary lost because of Hillary, period. The Russians had nothing to do with it.
That's one person's uninformed opinion. A high ranking official in the Trump says otherwise.

Quote:
Get over it and find a better candidate next time.
Sigh...John Kasich didn't get the GOP presidential candidate nod...even though I voted for him the primaries...so I voted for Grandma Nixon in the general election...

Who did you vote for in the 2016 U.S. presidential election?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
That's one person's uninformed opinion. A high ranking official in the Trump says otherwise.
No, he does not.

Quote:
Sigh...John Kasich didn't get the GOP presidential candidate nod...even though I voted for him the primaries...so I voted for Grandma Nixon in the general election...

Who did you vote for in the 2016 U.S. presidential election?
Jill Stein.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
How do you know how we used the information? Are you really trying to argue we never interfere in the elections of other countries? Really?

Any country which we did that too is more then welcome to do something about it. And many have.

Nice movement of the goalposts by the way, but affecting a foreign countries elections is not a friendly act, and should not be ignored. Sorry you aren't a fan of fair and honest elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies