Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 03:39 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
That's correct and my point stands. There is currently no evidence to support the Democrats' narrative that Trump is guilty of collusion with the Russians. The absence of such evidence supports my position and not theirs. You've highlighted my quote from Morell which kind of implies that you're lumping his statements into the "Jury is still out" category. That's not the case. His position is significant and carries weight because he's speaking about his experiences as the chief of the CIA during the very period of time that the Senate Committee is investigating. The validity of his conclusion doesn't require the completion of any investigation. He was at the epicenter of intelligence activities during that period. Does this not strike you as both a highly credible and impartial piece of evidence? It does to me. That and Clapper's statement as well. When people with those credentials who have political leanings that might naturally predispose them to bias against the Trump administration make those sorts of statements they carry weight.

You can't really believe that anything done or said during Trump's candidacy and 80 days in office influenced Assad more than Obama's eight years. That defies logic. Until just a few days ago Assad had zero opportunity to test Trump's measure but eight years of experience with Obama. How can you possibly have forgotten Obama's red line on chemical weapons use? He wrote the book on how weakness and meaningless words can embolden a tyrant.

Of course the missile attack didn't set Russia back in a military sense. It didn't even set back Assad's military. It's no big secret that a single airstrike on an airfield doesn't do jack to put it out of commission. Airfields are notoriously difficult to disable. You can bomb one on a daily basis and a determined enemy will patch it up and be back in operation the next day. It takes a Ranger battalion seizing and holding it before it's denied to the enemy. The attack was geopoliticaly significant. It showed Assad and Putin that they underestimated Trump and that it's in his nature to move quickly and not telegraph his punches. That was an important lesson to a couple of leaders who place more stock in fear and respect than they do in civility and compromise. If Putin is astute (and I think he is) he is now seeing that he can expect real opposition from the American leader and not just soaring but empty oratory like he got from Obama.

No Trump does not have a "Syrian Doctrine" yet. I'm not sure there is a good one to be had. Certainly you recognize that Obama left office without one. .. but let's be fair about the near impossibility of any administration coming up with a unified field theory for how to negotiate the no-win Syrian landscape. I think "No f-ing chemical weapons" is a pretty foundational thing though and I doubt even liberals would be so oppositionally pig-headed as to disagree with the merit of force being used to punish a chemical weapons attack.
“I think the ... longer term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people,” pretty much says that the US is not going to get involved, even considering Assad's past actions. The US did not strike after the last chemical attack, so Assad put two and two together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 04:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
“I think the ... longer term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people,” pretty much says that the US is not going to get involved, even considering Assad's past actions. The US did not strike after the last chemical attack, so Assad put two and two together.
So you're sticking with that, huh? It's Trump's fault that Assad used chemical weapons. Words said during a campaign. Lolz. Bear in mind we aren't talking about anything even as marginally significant as words spoken at the UN or words written in a treaty. No we're talking about political campaign speech which nobody in their right mind gives any weight to. I hate to break it to you guys but it's only American liberals who put that kind of stock in mere words. The rest of America sure doesn't and I'm damn sure the Russians and Assad don't either. To everyone else but you guys the only thing that matters are actions. Obama blustered and threatened but took no action when Assad gassed his people. That was all Assad needed to know about American response to chemical weapons but I can see you are chained to a narrative that Trump is horrible and no matter what he does it's horrible and any horrible thing that happens in the world post Trump's birth was, is and will be his fault.

Next.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Absoltuely meangingless. Some of Podesta's people also registered. It is common for people in politics to have ties to various countries.

It is time to give this up. Nothing is going to come of this at all.
I mean, alert the FBI and they can just drop their investigation.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Right Wingers never accepted THE REALITY that Bush Invaded Iraq after going into Afghanistan, and for all those years disrupted life and 10's of thousands resulted to die, and set up a refugee stream of 100's of Thousands of people homeless, and the Middle East "DESTABILIZED" ans its still reverberating from Country to Country; in the interim, it generated also a World Wide Economic Disaster, of which we as a world are still dealing with the fall out from such.

Not once has these SAME Right Winger, acknowledge that it was Republican Madness that was at the root of it.
so, the likely hood of them EVER facing up to any blunders by Trump, before campaigning, during campaigning and during him in the seat as President.
They cheered at him fleecing the IRS for over 900 Mil. (in a single year), they have no concern about the string of bankruptcies, or the scam Trump University; they have no issue with the 20+ yrs of using the tax scam to continually avoid paying taxes, or the disaster of hanging out bankers with the Taj Mahal, or any of the other disasters, they have no problem with him not paying contractors, or his wife Plagiarizing her first speech, and it goes back to what I said in an earlier post. "As long as he is a Wealthy White Man, who talks with arrogance and belligerence, they will follow him into a flaming pit of oil. He was Millions with his wife in her Glass Tower and then he tops it off wasting million more flying to Florida, and using and promoting his own property. They have absolutely no concern about it, again, because he is what they idolize and worship, which is the basic fact of him being a "Wealthy White Man".

They could care less if every person in Trumps Administration was listed with a picture of their Russian Handler and a list of payments was posted beside their images, was placed on every webpage that exist. They'd try to find a way to deny it.

These are the same character and mind types that kept racism going all these centuries and decades, while the Wealthy White Men, Amassed Astronomical Fortunes, These are the same character type of people who were used to push racism in the streets to fight against Civil Rights, and they are the same Character Type that loves the devotion unto any "Wealthy White Male', they cry about job and cry about being left behind, and then support no improvement in Minimum wage, which directly affects them, but enriches the Wealthy White Man, even more.
They whined and cried about "My Tax Dollars" for the past 8 yrs, but they did not White about "My Tax Dollars when Bush created situations that has ran the debt up to 19 Trillion, and they certainly are not going to say a word about "My Tax Dollars" when Trump waste millions "Play Jet Setter President, Flying to his Retreat". These people are so much driven by the "Serf Mentality", when the Republicans pushed a fleecing model of health care that would leave them strung out and stripped and ripped with a empty program, they were willing to support it, and got angry, because it did not work to give their "Wealthy White Masters" even more money.
If they were told, to chop off their right hand fingers and it would invoke a process to take anything and everything off the table so not a single minority could utilize the system, they'd probably not only cut off their fingers, they'd line up their offspring's and cut their fingers off too. And sit with a salivating look on their face, waiting for something to be taken down to avert it from benefiting any minority. They will never figure it out, that the Wealthy White Man, will always see them as 'characterizations of what is a Serf", but their vain fantasy that he might one day, give them a few coins, or maybe even let one of them come and flush the toilet for him when he finish taking a crap, they'd feel like they were the "chosen one", the only way you can hide the smile on their face is put a bag over their head. It's no different than the KKK with their sheets and pointed hats, trying to hide their smiles when they lust for malice and vile they can do to a minority.

There is 100's of years of history that attest to these very elements of their mentality and character conduct. They can't even see, that they are still to this very day, nothing but offspring's that became the same character types of poor Serf's" their ancestry were a few 100 yrs ago. That's how sick and pathetic Worship of the Wealthy Makes people, and they've passed in on from generation to generations, along with Racism, the exact same as their ancestry were in awe of the Royalty that relegated them to serfdom. They are ensuring that legacy of serfdom is passed on to the next generations, all they want is a Wealthy White Man to be the figure head that keeps them going.

These are the mentality types of what and why people like Hitler and Mussolini could do what they did, and the people were full aware of the atrocities these men did, but the fact they had that imagery of a Wealthy White Male, people fell in line to ensure they would be a devoted Serf.
don't think for one minute that Hitler did not have some of the same Character Types, denying that he was killing people by the 100's of thousands, not just the Jews he killed in Germany, but the other countries he did massive killings. and still to this day, there are the Nazi Types, who did not get enough to feed their blood thirsty hearts.

So, be not in denial, that evil is divisive and it will push hard to maintain itself and consume as many as it can attract.

Trump has been on a steady mission of using Executive Orders to try and dismantle this regulatory system within our governance, and they cheer him one, He has all these unfilled position and they cheer him on, and if he crashed the American Economy and contaminated the Water Table, they'd continue to cheer him on and they'd still be trying to find means and ways to justify it and issue their congratulations, even while the ravages of toxicity ravaged their bodies and that of their families, they be trying to justify it and provide what ever cover they can to convince themselves that it must be right because "The Wealthy White Man Did It".

They can't even fathom the reality that it was "Wealthy White Men" who shipped away the jobs, left the mid-west barren, the mill towns falling down, and all they can see and say, is, "I can't blame him because he was chasing a profit" no matter it was at the expense of themselves, they are only concerned that the Wealthy White Man increase his profit, even at the expense of themselves living in destitution. Instead of calling it what it is, they will try and blame it on anyone and anything and claim themselves innocent and again, start Cheering the Wealthy White Man. This is the type of "Devotion, that makes what is a Serf, be a Serf". You will never make them see beyond that.

These are the same character types that gave up their lives in the Civil War trying to protect the Wealthy Plantation Owners who cast them into indenture of every sort, and they went to battle to die in hope to preserve their position and role and accessibility to be a Serf.

What is a SERF: DEFINITION: (( a person in a condition of servitude, required to render services to a lord)). Trump understood exactly what he was saying when he said, he loved the "uneducated" and he said, he could shoot someone on Time Square and these people would still worship at his feet with their vote.
He knows very well what a SERF is and what level of devotion that it is to be considered a Serf.

They don't only flood this website, Go to any article on any site, that has a comment section, and you will find them there in massive numbers.

Next Year when the agitations are wound up, and Trump gets the stage set to declare Martial Law, and suspend the Constitution; they will hail it as a good thing. Trump has already told the public, that these people will vote for him if he is a killer, which is what the phrase, "I could shoot someone on Times Square" would make him, and he assured the public, that these people will be at his feet with worship and praise.

What we have to be thankful for is the high volume of liberal minded people who believe in the true value and essence of Democracy, which is based in "Equality of Person" and they believe in American Democracy.

Serf's believe in an Authoritarian System, with a Monarch, who functions like a dictator, and pushes arrogance and belligerence as if it is strength..... anything other than that, they will perpetually fight to dismantle it.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-13-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
tfl;dr

Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
tfl;dr
Is that code for something?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
All this back and forth and I come to the conclusion that the Left does not understand a Global Business.

The left will beat until the cows come home!
Yet, they're the very ones pushing it. I guess when one always has a bos,s they never know what a boss really does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Global business my butt! He was doing business getting money from a little black ledger book hidden away from prying eyes, lol.

You guys sure know how to shove your head down deep in the sand don't you!!
Was it the same book Hillary had her nose in? As if any of us could forget that 'overcharge' reset button.

How about the selling of American Uranium, without asking, was this Hillary's private stash......how's that for being buddy, buddy with the lefts so-called enemy.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:04 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
This idiot wants to extremely vet immigrants but he's incapable of vetting who comes into his inner circle. Either he willfully packed his cabinet with Putin's allies or he was manipulated into doing so; either conclusion is awful for him.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:08 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This idiot wants to extremely vet immigrants but he's incapable of vetting who comes into his inner circle. Either he willfully packed his cabinet with Putin's allies or he was manipulated into doing so; either conclusion is awful for him.
I think that he had no idea. And yes, that conclusion is awful. But its the difference of being a complete moron, or being a traitor. But so far I haven't seen anything that indicates Trump was involved.

I suppose he could be a brilliant and careful traitor....but really that doesn't match the other evidence.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:04 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, alert the FBI and they can just drop their investigation.
That's a relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies