Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 06:15 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Yep - use a blanket, find an out of the way place, don't do it in confined places (metros, buses, planes, etc) and we're good. Don't say the baby's head will cover you.
Can you see anything in these pic? Nope, didnt think so.
Attached Thumbnails
Mom Told to Stop Breastfeeding at Mall, Records Incident on Facebook-100_0827.jpg   Mom Told to Stop Breastfeeding at Mall, Records Incident on Facebook-100_2905.jpg  

Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Of course you would see the entire woman's boob in the first pic if the baby were feeding and moving around. Why? How hard is it to cover up? Oh that's right babies just hate blankets (not true).

Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Of course you would see the entire woman's boob in the first pic if the baby were feeding and moving around. Why? How hard is it to cover up? Oh that's right babies just hate blankets (not true).
My daughters ARE feeding in both of those pics.

I didnt use a cover or a blanket because like above, you cant see anything. I can even post more of the wiggly baby/toddler stage if youd like?

Old 04-17-2017, 06:26 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Some babies don't mind blankets, others fuss about them. Our first baby used to wave his little fist around while he nursed. Second one didn't like blankets at all, wanted to stare up in my eyes while she nursed. ...

What difference does it make? If you don't want to see a woman breastfeeding, look away.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:27 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Thankfully I live in a country where people aren't bothered by the odd glimpse of a breast.
And where there is a rise in alcoholism, 40–45% of adult population has had experiences with drugs, the number of child custody cases has grown 15% in 10 years, the amount of children using open care services, such as: (financial aid, support person- or therapy services) has nearly doubled ect ect - no country is without problems or biases.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:30 AM

You guys are really silly. It's not that hard to feed your baby and to also show some courtesy to those around you. Millions of women manage to do it every day. If for some reason, that's beyond your abilities, so be it .. I'm just happy most women aren't like you.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
My daughters ARE feeding in both of those pics.

I didnt use a cover or a blanket because like above, you cant see anything. I can even post more of the wiggly baby/toddler stage if youd like?
If that wasn't a still photograph and were instead a video, you would be fully exposed as the baby's head moved around. I take it you have no issue with this ... good for you ... but the polite thing to do would be to cover yourself in some way. I'm sure if you tried "real" hard you could find some method of covering yourself and still keeping your daughter happy as she fed. I get that you apparently have no motivation to do so.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
If that wasn't a still photograph and were instead a video, you would be fully exposed as the baby's head moved around. I take it you have no issue with this ... good for you ... but the polite thing to do would be to cover yourself in some way. I'm sure if you tried "real" hard you could find some method of covering yourself and still keeping your daughter happy as she fed. I get that you apparently have no motivation to do so.
No that was pretty much every session. I never had flying boobs.

Ill explain it to you so you can understand:

1) Baby is crying to be fed or showing signs.
2) You are wearing a nursing tank under your shirt so you unclip your bra and tank while holding baby in cradle position
3). You lay babys head as close to your breast as possible and then lift the top shirt up for baby to latch on nipple. Your belly is covered by under shirt and top of boob can/is covered by upper shirt.
4) feed baby.

Not everyone wears a tank under, i didnt always. Not everyone covers the top with their top shirt...sometimes i did, sometimes i didnt. Of course different babies feed different ways and maybe some babies like hanging upside down and you have to show a slip of the nipple... not the end of the world for the 2 seconds it happens. Now if it was the entire session, then youre not really feeding a baby anyway, they are just playing, which also happens. On, off, on, off. Try again later.

No flying boobs/nipples. YMMV.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
No that was pretty much every session. I never had flying boobs.

Ill explain it to you so you can understand:

1) Baby is crying to be fed or showing signs.
2) You are wearing a nursing tank under your shirt so you unclip your bra and tank while holding baby in cradle position
3). You lay babys head as close to your breast as possible and then lift the top shirt up for baby to latch on nipple. Your belly is covered by under shirt and top of boob can/is covered by upper shirt.
4) feed baby.

Not everyone wears a tank under, i didnt always. Not everyone covers the top with their top shirt...sometimes i did, sometimes i didnt. Of course different babies feed different ways and maybe some babies like hanging upside down and you have to show a slip of the nipple... not the end of the world for the 2 seconds it happens. Now if it was the entire session, then youre not really feeding a baby anyway, they are just playing, which also happens. On, off, on, off. Try again later.

No flying boobs/nipples. YMMV.
^ This + blanket = .

Old 04-17-2017, 06:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I can't speak for Waldo Kitty, but I didn't read it as fat shaming. I read her post as an accurate description of a very unpleasant experience some rude heffer foisted upon her. If Waldo would have politely pointed out her right to not be subjected to a gross display of public indecency, I'm sure the lady would have taken to Facebook to try to stir up some outrage as this Virginian mom did.
Heffer (sic) ?

Quote:
This thread should have a poll, but I suspect those of us who think that breastfeeding women should still use some common sense would get clobbered. There seem to be a lot of women on here who think that breastfeeding women have a right to walk around topless in public.
This is why I can't stand the term "common sense".

Quote:
That's a bit dramatic, don't you think? Why do so many women on here have 101 excuses why a breastfeeding woman can't follow a few common sense principles to show some courtesy to those around her? Like I said, most nursing moms do show respect for others, and that's appreciated. To those who don't, .. I'm sure you'll find plenty of you-go-girl types on FB to encourage your boorish behavior.
No, it's not dramatic. It's the truth. And again making a mockery of the term "common sense".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies