Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He simply said Hitler did not use chemical weapons like Assad, which makes sense in that context although it's not the best wording.
He has apologized so many times and the media is talking about firing him already.
Leftists are constantly in search of something new to be outraged about. 99% of the time it's totally fabricated outrage designed to make political gains.

It's impossible to take them seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 12:35 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
He simply said Hitler did not use chemical weapons like Assad, which makes sense in that context although it's not the best wording.
He has apologized so many times and the media is talking about firing him already.
Generally speaking, if your sole job is to communicate as in the press secretary, I dont know how many "slips of the tongue" you should be allowed before you are just really ****ty at your job.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:37 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Because people don't like it when government spokesmen say stupid things.

Especially in this era, where everyone expects absolute perfection, and if they don't get it, it provides an opportunity to savage the person on Twitter, internet forums, etc....
It doesn't even rise to that level - when understood in the context he meant it. The very worst you can justifiably say about it is that it was an innocent mistake of the kind anyone could make.

Spicer is a good man. And to see people that clearly know better piling on here is troubling and inexplicable.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:44 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Why do the chemicals have to be in a battlefield to be considered weapons? A gun in your house is the same weapon as the same gun in a war zone. Hitler wasn't doing it to be friendly.

He is supposed to be the public mouthpiece of the president or something like that. Wording it as poorly as this, especially with the timing, is not good, to put it mildly.
And he immediately apologized.

Those harping on it are politicizing the deaths of millions of Jews.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:45 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't think anyone hates Spicer. I think they feel sorry for him. It's his job to defend and spin Trumps lies. I doubt he will last long in this job. How could anyone with a conscience last. I'm sure it's hard on him.
I do have to admit I feel at least some compassion for Spicey. Deep down I don't think he's a total slime like his boss Trump. He's the sort of person that makes a commitment to do a job, no matter how distasteful, and pushes it through to the bitter end. It will probably destroy his career with this gig but he can console himself with the fact that he tried his best. Baffles me why anyone would go into federal politics, much less get in bed with someone like Trump.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Clear and accurate communication is not incidental to his job, it IS his job. If he can't speak clearly, he's useless.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
The gas used to kill Jews in concentration camps was, indeed... a chemical weapon.

Come on. It's a big deal because it's wrong and it's insensitive.

Who says crap like that? Ohyeah. Spicer.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Leftists are constantly in search of something new to be outraged about. 99% of the time it's totally fabricated outrage designed to make political gains.

It's impossible to take them seriously.
So, you think it's okay to lie?

Because, he was lying. And, that's no "slip of the tongue." It's a lie.

Why is it okay for a man in his position, whose job is to communicate CLEARLY with the US public, to just ramble on about stuff in such a blatantly insensitive manner?

And right here at Passover.

Ugh.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Ignorant man? Spicer is the best press secretary in recent history - and by that I mean going back at least 50 years.

It was a slip of the tongue and easily explained and understood in the context he meant it. I'm really surprised to see this from you.
I honestly think Spicer is terrible at his job. This one incident, "slip of the tongue", did not change my mind. I've thought he was unqualified for the entire time he has held the position. That is my opinion.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:33 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Ignorant man? Spicer is the best press secretary in recent history - and by that I mean going back at least 50 years.
Baloney, Spicer is a blithering idiot. 75% of his press conference is "no,no,no...........but, but, but...." followed by some sort of childish tit for tat confrontation with the reporter who asked the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies