Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't suspect that you are not bright, it's just a fact you are not bright. He clearly stated that Hitler didn't gas victims and then tried to backtrack by indicating he didn't specifically use sarin gas. You clearly lack attention to detail.
Let me guess, you are one of these "enlightened" individuals who deny global warming and facts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't think anyone hates Spicer. I think they feel sorry for him. It's his job to defend and spin Trumps lies. I doubt he will last long in this job. How could anyone with a conscience last. I'm sure it's hard on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Because Spicer didn't seem to know what any person who has a very basic knowledge of history would know. Spicer is a nice man, but his job of WH spokesman is too important to be held by such an ignorant man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I think if he was jewish, he wouldn't have been given such a hard time. Don't think he'll be fired...he's still an ahole, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Blah, blah, blah.
The right's typically lame defense/deflection of the Trump Administration: Obama
Time you get a new song, Trump owns his administration lock, stock, and dummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
NOOOOOOO I need my daily laugh and what will SNL do without him? Poor Sean. He started out like a Hitler jr. with his period this and period that. Then he blew it with the Hitler connection and chemical weapons. Now he looks defeated and a whole lot more humble. Inept? Yes, but endlessly entertaining. Can't wait to see what he does next. There's a side of me that feels very sorry for him too. I couldn't do his job for ten seconds. Putting positive spins on lies is just not part of my moral fiber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't think it is.
I think he's doing a horrible job but it's probably impossible to do a good job trying to be Trump's mouthpiece.
Man, Rachel ripped him to shreds the other night as she played his numerous flubs and misspeaks.
He doesn't seem up to the task.
Then again, I think the same about many of Trump's appointments.
People could make the case that you're all reading from the same playbook of canned responses.

Selective and feigned outrage is becoming the daily norm for snowflakes, and it is so old and tiresome.

Of course you all had nothing but praise for Gibbs, Ernest and the biggest lying PoS Carney. 8 years of their spin and I'd bet every one of you defended every word out of their mouths no matter how obviously wrong they were.

Brilliant bit of arrogant hypocrisy coming from the clown squads lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
No, reporters are doing their job and asking tough questions, just like they did to Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, and ...

Obamas Press Secretary got tough questions instead of cheers? I must have missed that.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He simply said Hitler did not use chemical weapons like Assad, which makes sense in that context although it's not the best wording.
He has apologized so many times and the media is talking about firing him already.
I've been wondering the same thing. He was stilted and clumsy, as usual, but it didn't seem to be enough to throw people into such a frenzy.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Obamas Press Secretary got tough questions instead of cheers? I must have missed that.
Well, Obama's probably had better relationships simply by virtue of not having daily meltdowns and not destroying all credibility right off the bat by coming out of the gate with an easily disprovable lie.

They did get hounded with tough questions though. They were just more up to the task both intellectually and socially.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:07 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Well, Obama's probably had better relationships simply by virtue of not having daily meltdowns and not destroying all credibility right off the bat by coming out of the gate with an easily disprovable lie.

They did get hounded with tough questions though. They were just more up to the task both intellectually and socially.

probably?
Fast and furious
Irs targeting
Benghazi
Susan rice
etc.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The gas used to kill Jews in concentration camps was, indeed... a chemical weapon.

Come on. It's a big deal because it's wrong and it's insensitive.

Who says crap like that?
Chris Matthews, in 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SI71acBSyYU

Perhaps Spicer's mistake was in believing anything Matthews reports.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:09 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Exactly. And it goes beyond the verbal gymnastics it took to avoid saying, "gas chamber."

Furthermore, he said that Hitler didn't kill "his own people." That's telling of Spicer's core values: that Jews (and other "others") aren't like him. We're not and never will be his people. During Passover, no less.
Stop being obtuse, he was trying to illustrate how horrific Assad was and he used a bad analogy as he spoke extemporaneously.

You people are politicizing the deaths of millions of Jews and it's reprehensible.

Alan Dershowitz: Democrats, not Sean Spicer, are the ones exploiting the Holocaust for political gain | Washington Examiner

Old 04-14-2017, 05:17 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He simply said Hitler did not use chemical weapons like Assad, which makes sense in that context although it's not the best wording.
He has apologized so many times and the media is talking about firing him already.
It isn't a big deal. Its politics.

The Left's Darling, Chris Matthews said the same thing back in 2013 and I don't recall the Prog-Dems throwing a hissy fit, then:

Chris Matthews On Syria: Hitler Didn't Use Chemical Weapons: CHRIS MATTHEWS: "The problem is, I don't like it, first of all I'm rather dovish, I don't like what I'm going to say but it's true. If you basically put down a red line and say don't use chemical weapons, and it's been enforced in the Western community, around the world -- international community for decades. Don't use chemical weapons. We didn't use them in World War II, Hitler didn't use [Chemical Weapons], we don't use chemical weapons, that's no deal. Although we do know that Assad's father did. Then he goes ahead and does it. It makes you wonder what the mullahs will do if they have a couple of nuclear weapons, just a couple. Are they capable of not using them? That, of course, you know, I think that everybody talking this morning is projecting toward that, which is if you can't use deterrents the normal way -- mutually-assured destruction -- if you do this, we're blowing you up. If that doesn't work, what does work? And that's the problem."

The Prog-Dems are grasping for anything they think is relevant.

They're failing, badly.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
The irony of folks saying 'I don't know what the fuss is" bus still debating it how many days later?

Old 04-14-2017, 05:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Gas used for executions is not normally classified under the term "chemical weapons", but in this case doing so serves the purpose of humiliating Trump's press secretary and stoking fears of anti-Semitism so lots of people are running with that. It's nothing but political posturing.
I am no fan of the death penalty, but don't you DARE conflate the legal execution of a criminal with the murder of millions. Just. do. not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies