Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is beginning to realize how truly clueless he was when he made all those ignorant promises.

As for his supporters.....those who stand by their principles are angry at him for the broken promises, and the loyal lemmings follow him no matter how often he flip flops. They follow a person, not ideas, or principles.

Had to bold that for emphasis. It gives me great comfort to know that some of the republicans that voted for Trump are humble and open-minded enough to admit that they are frustrated with some of what he has done thus far. Trump has NOT lived up to some of his promises, and there are quite a few conservatives speaking up about it.

But as you said, there are still those loyal "Trumpers" that will follow him off a bridge, folks that TRULY BELIEVE Donald can do no wrong. Many of them are here on C-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:04 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Had to bold that for emphasis. It gives me great comfort to know that some of the republicans that voted for Trump are humble and open-minded enough to admit that they are frustrated with some of what he has done thus far. Trump has NOT lived up to some of his promises, and there are quite a few conservatives speaking up about it.

But as you said, there are still those loyal "Trumpers" that will follow him off a bridge, folks that TRULY BELIEVE Donald can do no wrong. Many of them are here on C-D
He's still not Hillary though. He prevented her from getting the job. Promise KEPT! For me, that alone makes him an American hero.

Now the bitter old battleaxe can drink herself to death and we don't have to deal with her.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:04 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A great boxer I guess would also be a man without conviction, because he rolls with the punches and changes up what the other guy expects.
I suppose, but policy isn't like a prize fight, is it? Would you be ok if Trump changed things up by nationalizing health care and giving all non documented immigrants legal status? I wouldn't put it past him and you shouldn't either.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Quote:
He's still not Hillary though. He prevented her from getting the job. Promise KEPT! For me, that alone makes him an American hero.

Now the bitter old battleaxe can drink herself to death and we don't have to deal with her.
We've gotten a good Supreme Court justice out of him. Some things are moving in the right direction. I don't support the Syria strike. If he's able to decapitate North Korea, that's a good thing IMO.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:09 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I suppose, but policy isn't like a prize fight, is it? Would you be ok if Trump changed things up by nationalizing health care and giving all non documented immigrants legal status? I wouldn't put it past him and you shouldn't either.
Are you kidding me? How would you like to face Elizabeth Warren and these other morons daily?

And of the two points you gave? Funny, but I would be ok with both.

As long as we weed out the criminals I believe Mexicans should get a chance to become American Citizens as long as they renounce their Mexican citizenship and go "all in" on being an American.

And I have pushed for nationalized health care on this forum for years. I'm a former Democrat and still have some in me. I just HATE what has happened to the party of my parents.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Show me consistent sanity and consistency on a wide array of issues over a reasonable timeframe and we'll talk.

As it is it just appears that we have the most corrupt, incompetent, unqualified administration in history, headed up by a man who will believe anything because he has no idea and is just in it for the ego stroke.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Quote:
One thing I can concede, is that democrats dropped the ball with Hillary. I don't really care for Hillary, but I voted for her because she was the most qualified presidential candidate in American history. Especially compared to a reality TV star with literally zero political experience LOL.

Clinton had so much baggage and so many scandals (whether true or false), that many Americans, such as yourself, voted for Donald simply because he wasn't Hillary. I believe either Bernie or Biden would've beaten Donald pretty easily. Though I'm a democrat, I can see how many republicans did not like Hillary.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
Quote:
I knew what we were getting. Trump was a Democrat in the 80's and most of the 90's. Much like me he turned against the party when the whacked in the head fringe took it over.

When is the last time you heard a Republican President make health care for the people a priority?
A mixed bag Trump is now. He is supporting positions from the left and right.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,287 times
No, he has not come to his senses. The reason he said all those things on the campaign trail: NATO is obsolete, China is a currency manipulator, Mexico will pay, etc., is because it's what his constituents wanted to hear and it served his selfish purposes back then. Now that same narrative is no longer working for him, so he is flip flopping. He can just as easily flip flop back to whatever other stance that will work for him in the future.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:59 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Trump has always had his senses, at least during his presidency. Where this country and I am concerned, he's doing just fine. This is just another thread dedicated to Trump hatred and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies