Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 01:43 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

The article reveals that British intelligence agency GCHQ came upon contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives in 2015. They then shared the information with other European countries. This is different that what Napolitano said and that Trump tried to promote as Obama asking the British to spy on Trump and his team. From the article:

"It is understood that GCHQ was at no point carrying out a targeted operation against Trump or his team or proactively seeking information. The alleged conversations were picked up by chance as part of routine surveillance of Russian intelligence assets. Over several months, different agencies targeting the same people began to see a pattern of connections that were flagged to intelligence officials in the US."

"[i]...both US and UK intelligence sources acknowledge that GCHQ played an early, prominent role in kickstarting the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation, which began in late July 2016."[i]

"[i]One source called the British eavesdropping agency the 'principal whistleblower'. The Guardian has been told the FBI and the CIA were slow to appreciate the extensive nature of contacts between Trump’s team and Moscow ahead of the US election. This was in part due to US law that prohibits US agencies from examining the private communications of American citizens without warrants. “They are trained not to do this,” the source stressed."[i]

Here's an important bit:

"In late August and September Brennan gave a series of classified briefings to the Gang of Eight, the top-ranking Democratic and Republican leaders in the House and Senate. He told them the agency had evidence the Kremlin might be trying to help Trump to win the presidency, the New York Times reported.

One person familiar with the matter said Brennan did not reveal sources but made reference to the fact that America’s intelligence allies had provided information. Trump subsequently learned of GCHQ’s role, the person said."

So Trump knew he and his team were under surveillance bigly, knew who was doing it, and tried to twist it into that Obama ordered it and asked the British to spy on him.

There's more:

"Comey’s apparent shift may have followed a mid-October decision by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (Fisa) court to approve a secret surveillance order. The order gave permission for the Department of Justice to investigate two banks suspected of being part of the Kremlin’s undercover influence operation."

It seems likely that one of these banks is the Russian bank Alfa that internet virus investigators stumbled on to as they saw a lot of internet traffic (IP) coming from Russia to a Trump Organization email server in NYC.

"And former MI6 chief Sir Richard Dearlove described Trump’s wiretapping claim on Thursday as 'simply deeply embarrassing for Trump and the administration. The only possible explanation is that Trump started tweeting without understanding how the NSA-GCHQ relationship actually works'”

So the corruption appears to be on the part of the Trump and his team. This article and what the FBI, Senate and House Intelligence Committees are investigating do not fit with the narrative that there is no Russian interference with the election and that there does seem to have been collusion between Russian and Trump contacts. Disparate pieces of a puzzle are now starting to fit together to us outsiders. Of course those privy to the real information in Congress, the Intelligence agencies and the FBI already know this, including Trump.

Trump's tweets about being spied on in Trump Tower and the British helping are either him not understanding the information or his attempt to get ahead of it by twisting it to make him out to be the victim. We are starting to see proof this is not the case.
The obvious point you are missing and The Guardian obfuscates in their article is even with these multitude foreign agencies spying on Trump no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia was found. And how do we know this? Because the Dems have been leaking like mad and the press only writes puff stories garnered from "unnamed sources" about conspiracy theories to try and delegitimize the Trump Presidency. If they had any real evidence it would have been front page news for the last three months and certainly before the election.

I won't comment any further because I don't care about this story. It does, however, confirm the corruption of our previous president and Ms. Clinton. Not a surprise. I do wonder a little who else besides Trump these foreign agents were spying on without warrants for Obama and Hillary...Jeb, Marco, and Cruz perhaps?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-14-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 01:55 PM

57,228 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...m-links-russia

According to The Guardian, intelligence agencies in Poland, England, Germany, Australia, France, Estonia, etc., provided intelligence and collaborated with Obama to smear Trump and get Hillary elected. It is amazing to learn more and more of how deeply corrupt Obama and Hillary were. And given the liberal media's unbridled support, billions in campaign donations, cheating to get the nomination, and attempts to smear the opposing candidate, Hillary still lost!

These other countries share intelligence that we did not have because of restrictions on US citizens being wiretapped. We also share information with other countries on their own citizens in the US, how in gods name does that even remotely equate to Obama smearing Trump.

Did you even bother to read your own article? Why even bother, no matter what you read you will still believe that Obama wiretapped Trump. When it comes to Trump supporters facts are irrelevant.

Quote:
The Guardian has been told the FBI and the CIA were slow to appreciate the extensive nature of contacts between Trump’s team and Moscow ahead of the US election. This was in part due to US law that prohibits US agencies from examining the private communications of American citizens without warrants. “They are trained not to do this,” the source stressed.

“It looks like the [US] agencies were asleep,” the source added. “They [the European agencies] were saying: ‘There are contacts going on between people close to Mr Trump and people we believe are Russian intelligence agents. You should be wary of this.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The obvious point you are missing and The Guardian obfuscates in their article is even with these multitude foreign agencies spying on Trump no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia was found. And how do we know this? Because the Dems have been leaking like mad and the press only writes puff stories garnered from "unnamed sources" about conspiracy theories to try and delegitimize the Trump Presidency. If they had any real evidence it would have been front page news for the last three months and certainly before the election.

I won't comment any further because I don't care about this story. It does, however, confirm the corruption of our previous president and Ms. Clinton. Not a surprise. I do wonder a little who else besides Trump these foreign agents were spying on without warrants for Obama and Hillary...Jeb, Marco, and Cruz perhaps?
Nope.

just because you, me and the media dont have all the answers yet does not make Trump, Manafort of any of them innocent.

These things take time and the FBI, CIA are not in the habit of making all their information public just because the Dems or Reps, want them to.
We will know when they are ready, just like every other investigation. This is why Trump is so desperate to distract he wants to bury it, but just can't seem to keep the media from uncovering stuff he thought was buried too deep to find...

every week we find deeper connections and more people involved. Manafort is turning out have been lying his bum off, and he WAS Trump's campaign manager and now it looks like Trump got his buddy to pay Manafort 13 million to leave the campaign once his cover was blown..

Manaforts lies are bringing the house down. Now you know why trump is bombing...

Old 04-14-2017, 04:54 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is the same argument. Sharing intelligence with allies is different than an enemy intervening in our elections.

It is also different that a friend intervening in our elections.

It's the undermining of our elections that is the key issue here. Whether it was friend or foe adds an additional element, but is not crux of the matter.

Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.
Russia shared intelligence through Podesta's ignorance regarding email security. If this is so important - why didn't Podesta get removed for incompetence?

Just keeping score - the argument is no longer that a foreign entity influenced our election... it's that a foe influenced our election. Which takes me to the question below which I asked earlier - which I have not gotten an answer yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ukraine is likely the country that outed Manafort and his dealing with the Russians. Their preferred candidate was HRC.

Are they an ally whom which we share information?
By the way - here is more info on Ukraine giving out intelligence ...

Suspected Russian hack of DNC widens — includes personal email of staffer researching Manafort

Just weeks after she started preparing opposition research files on Donald Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort last spring, Democratic National Committee consultant Alexandra Chalupa got an alarming message when she logged into her personal Yahoo email account.

Why anyone would do confidential work via a Yahoo mail account is beyond me.

“I was freaked out,” Chalupa, who serves as director of “ethnic engagement” for the DNC, told Yahoo News in an interview, noting that she had been in close touch with sources in Kiev, Ukraine, including a number of investigative journalists, who had been providing her with information about Manafort’s political and business dealings in that country and Russia.

So - is Ukraine on this "approved" list to share intelligence?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-14-2017 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-15-2017, 02:58 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
The British Press is now stating their is concrete evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians.

'Concrete evidence of collusion between Trump team and Russia' handed to official investigation | The Independent

In case you wonder how GCHQ collects information, it wire taps submarine cables carrying fibre optic cables, as well as collecting airborne data via dishes and satellites it also hacks in to phone systems and individual phones.

When you make a phone call or use the internet, the signal is directed from the air in to fibre optics cables which are equivalent to the speed of light and are six times faster than airborne communication. The information is relayed across cables right across the world, for instance I am in Europe but I am currently writing on a US Website, so everything I just typed is being relayed under the atlantic via cables, and even US Domestic calls are relayed via global fibre optics.

The US/UK have a number of cable taps including a one at a major relay station at GCHQ Bude in Cornwall in England, there are also GCHQ bases in Cyprus, Ascension Island, Middle East and other secret locations, and the UK also has access to the Five Eyes systems which as well as the UK include the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

GCHQ picks up the equivalent data of everything stored in the Library of Congress every hour, and GCHQ allows access to all the informatioin and intel it colects to the NSA, so in other words we are all be tapped.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-15-2017 at 03:08 AM..

Old 04-15-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The British Press is now stating their is concrete evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians.

'Concrete evidence of collusion between Trump team and Russia' handed to official investigation | The Independent

In case you wonder how GCHQ collects information, it wire taps submarine cables carrying fibre optic cables, as well as collecting airborne data via dishes and satellites it also hacks in to phone systems and individual phones.

When you make a phone call or use the internet, the signal is directed from the air in to fibre optics cables which are equivalent to the speed of light and are six times faster than airborne communication. The information is relayed across cables right across the world, for instance I am in Europe but I am currently writing on a US Website, so everything I just typed is being relayed under the atlantic via cables, and even US Domestic calls are relayed via global fibre optics.

The US/UK have a number of cable taps including a one at a major relay station at GCHQ Bude in Cornwall in England, there are also GCHQ bases in Cyprus, Ascension Island, Middle East and other secret locations, and the UK also has access to the Five Eyes systems which as well as the UK include the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

GCHQ picks up the equivalent data of everything stored in the Library of Congress every hour, and GCHQ allows access to all the informatioin and intel it colects to the NSA, so in other words we are all be tapped.
i am hoping some of these tapes are made public after the prosecutions are complete.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:24 PM

Guardian has a pretty detailed story on this too.

Quote:
One source suggested the official investigation was making progress. “They now have specific concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion,” the source said. “This is between people in the Trump campaign and agents of [Russian] influence relating to the use of hacked material.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...m-links-russia

Old 04-15-2017, 03:08 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Blow up the collection of our data without a warrant from an elected judge.
Only people who have an agenda to hide would want that.Anti Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies