Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 12:02 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,781,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
According to the Military, this was 100% their decision, not Trump's. He had no say in it.
Correct. The US Central Command's General over there signed off on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
And it killed a whole 36 ISIS fighters. This will surely end ISIS. How much did this bomb cost the taxpayers??? What a waste.
It actually did more. It destroyed caves, tunnels, destroyed some of their weapons and ammunition they have been using against US and Afghani troops. It is allowing them to advance in their mission.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:12 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,092,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Many will applaud this, but the MOAB has killed a lot more civilians than ISIS fighters. Further Daesh in Afghanistan =/= Daesh in Iraq/Syria. They're a small splinter group of the Taliban that broke off because they were disgruntled and most of their top leadership has been killed in drone strikes.

I just don't see a lot of benefit to dropping this bomb from any perspective. A lot of innocent people died today and those innocent people have long extended families whom may have been civilians before but may very well turn in to combatants now.
So far there seems to be no civilian deaths. 36 ISIS fighters were reported killed. The target was ISIS tunnels, a military only objective. Clearing these out with troops, and collapsing them individually would have taken a long time and cost lives of U.S. or allied troops.

If you are going to have a war, the exist strategy should be victory, and use of bombs is required in the 21st century. Avoiding as many civilian casualties as possible is mandatory.

Did you ever post negatively about the 100's of thousands of bombs Obama dropped and the hundreds of thousands killed by Obama?

Old 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,013,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
So far there seems to be no civilian deaths. 36 ISIS fighters were reported killed. The target was ISIS tunnels, a military only objective. Clearing these out with troops, and collapsing them individually would have taken a long time and cost lives of U.S. or allied troops.

If you are going to have a war, the exist strategy should be victory, and use of bombs is required in the 21st century. Avoiding as many civilian casualties as possible is mandatory.

Did you ever post negatively about the 100's of thousands of bombs Obama dropped and the hundreds of thousands killed by Obama?
I don't believe American intelligence or the military when they claim no civilian deaths. They are utmost liars.

And yes I did. The extrajudicial murders of US citizens via drone strikes along with the tens of thousands of bombs dropped on the Muslim world during Obama's terms were equally deplorable.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:29 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Sure.

But you're not obligated to believe it.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:37 PM

39,028 posts, read 27,438,416 times
I think we should just let our enemies kill each other instead.

win win for everybody.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I don't believe American intelligence or the military when they claim no civilian deaths. They are utmost liars.

And yes I did. The extrajudicial murders of US citizens via drone strikes along with the tens of thousands of bombs dropped on the Muslim world during Obama's terms were equally deplorable.
I thought No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims

No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims | The Huffington Post

Your post just makes me angry, but I do understand the point you are making. Which is why I think the Muslim world should just take care of themselves. If they want to kill each other, go ahead.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:47 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,013,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I thought No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims

No One Wants to See ISIS Defeated More Than Muslims | The Huffington Post

Your post just makes me angry, but I do understand the point you are making. Which is why I think the Muslim world should just take care of themselves. If they want to kill each other, go ahead.
How was ISIS born in the first place? Via the US deposing of Saddam Hussein and destabilizing the entire region, creating major vacuums of power.

Enough is enough. We want ISIS gone, but it won't be American military personnel whom will accomplish that. They've only succeeded in making the problem worse and frankly I don't think the intelligence community in America minds that...divide and rule.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
How was ISIS born in the first place? Via the US deposing of Saddam Hussein and destabilizing the entire region, creating major vacuums of power.

Enough is enough. We want ISIS gone, but it won't be American military personnel whom will accomplish that. They've only succeeded in making the problem worse and frankly I don't think the intelligence community in America minds that...divide and rule.
well, I said I agree with you there

I am going to let the Muslim world dealing with ISIS. LOL Too bad I aint the leader of the free world.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Don't fool yourself into thinking it's merely about which civilisation had the most to lose. If that were the case hitler and hirohito would have been dealt with from within.

Ideology.
The principles and logic that they follow.

Vietnam. Totally different from WW2 same things and tactics used by the NVA and VC are still being used by ISIS etc.

Are you that foolish to believe how many Japanese and Germans threw their hands up because Muh country and its infrastructure is destroyed? Their blood thirst had nothing to do with it?

Or was it because of the ideology they followed and the actions our men took to show we mean business comply or die?
We didn't mean business in N. Korea? Vietnam? etc.......yours is a convenient "We lost because we didn't try" excuse. Bull. We lost because we were fighting people who refused to give up no matter what because what alternative did they have?

Old 04-14-2017, 12:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I agree with the above.

The war in Afghanistan is a lost cause. There is no way that we can conquer and control the country and train Afghans to run it. Russians have failed and so will we.

You can drop bombs after bombs from the air but that will never ensure victory. As to ground war, who wants to see having innocent soldiers killed and body bags being brought home every day.

And finally if we indiscriminately bomb with massive weapons like this bomb we have little right to tell others to not use chemical weapons. After all the intention is to kill and maim as many people as possible.
And what if we "win". What exactly are we supposed to be winning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies