Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 05:06 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

President Trump is everyone's Commander in Chief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Just one more example of how self centered Trump is. Everything, absolutely everything, is about him.
Where were you for the last eight years? They were all about Obama ...you never noticed?

Trump is about America. Obama was about himself. Who can forget, "I won."

Old 04-19-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Trump reminds me of JFK.

JFK accused Ike of gutting the military and then his administration admitted that we had the best military technology just a month or so into office.

Ike reduced conventional military spending and fought hard to suppress it (which JFK opposed), but Ike did increase military spending for new technology.

Apparently such nuances are hard for some to grasp.
Actually, Obama did 'gut' the military, in terms of the number of ships etc. Technology is what it is. But numbers matter. Acknowledging our strength in terms of technology does not "walk back" the criticism of our reduced fleet, etc. I don't see any contradictions. He is correctly acknowledging our strength in terms of technological advancement, while being critical of the reductions that took place in the last eight years that resulted in the shrinking of our fleet, and the state of our readiness in terms of the condition of our aircraft (we're cannibalizing for parts).

But, while he rebuilds our fleet, there's no longer a point in dwelling on what Obama did to it. Moving forward means focusing on our strength and we should let our enemies know that we are prepared, and we are capable of dealing with threats. Campaign rhetoric must turn to the rhetoric of an effective administration that is capable of sending the right message to our allies and our enemies alike. We must telegraph our strength, and play down any perceived weakness. That's what leadership is about.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet101 View Post
America has always loved reality tv - we just get the benefit of living in one now. 😭😭
Meaning ...what, exactly? The last administration was a fantasy world. Obama never dealt in reality. That's one reason why he could never bring himself to say, "radical Islamic terrorism." He was ineffective at fighting it because he couldn't deal with the reality of what it is ...an entire religious cult, not just a few "bad actors." Moreover, it was his religion, which he thinks is superior to Christianity (which shows he has no understanding of what Christianity is about ...it isn't just a "belief system" like Islam, it is about salvation and the forgiveness of sin; the reconciliation of man to God through Christ. In Islam, there is no reconciliation to God ...there is no sacrifice for sin. There is only obedience to the Islamic Law, which in the end will not be good enough. The Law cannot save anyone, and no one can keep the Law perfectly. This is why Christ came, to be the perfect sacrifice for sin, for the salvation of all who believe.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
The Donald is magical. The military went from terribly depleted to the best in the world in less than 100 days.
Yep! NO doubt about it, The Donald magically gets people to believe in unicorns.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Trump is about America. Obama was about himself. Who can forget, "I won."
So many Trump supporters truly believe that, too. It's kinda sad.

Trump is about Trump. He's never held a political office in his life, because he never cared to "serve the people." Born into extreme wealth, Trump has never had known struggle in his entire life. He's never once worried about his next meal, medical bills, a roof over his head. But that's fine. he's a spoiled rich boy, not his fault.

However, the ego is his fault. Trump has an ego the size of Trump Tower, that's why it's wrapped in gold. Trump loves himself. He loves the headlines, he loves the cameras. On his show The Apprentice, he loved is ratings. he loved to be talked about and to be in the spotlight.

With a man that is already one of the richest and most famous men in the world, what is left to accomplish that could possibly stroke his ego even more? I know....PRESIDENT! Yes! Trump could literally be the most powerful man on the planet! That'll make him feel like he's got big hands.

So here is a guy, other than probably giving to charity like many celebrities do, has nevre showed any interest in the political spectrum at all, yet suddenly felt like he was qualified to be president.

Yeah, because "Trump is about America." A guy who said he likes to grab women by the ***** because he's rich convinced millions of women to vote for him.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:30 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Another BS attempt to derail a thread! Many, many former supporters... had the brains and sense enough to turn against Obama! Something the Trump-Tards haven't shown in great numbers, yet!
With all due respect, do you have a counterargument besides personal attack?

The truth is, there are many reasons to dislike Donald Trump, but saying, "My military" is simply not one of them.

Neither Obama Nor Trump should be demonized because of this.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
With all due respect, do you have a counterargument besides personal attack?

The truth is, there are many reasons to dislike Donald Trump, but saying, "My military" is simply not one of them.

Neither Obama Nor Trump should be demonized because of this.

My argument is with this posted BS broad-brush statement~ "Originally Posted by michiganmoon
Will you admit that this thread is a fail.

There was zero democratic outrage when Obama would do it.

Hypocrisy."

and I stand 100% by my response to her! To say that there was "zero democratic outrage" over things Obama did is an asinine lie! Many, many of us 'former supporters' vilified him! That is as asinine as all the Trump-TARDS saying that every one of us against Trump were FOR Clinton!

Many of us were for Bernie Sanders, or other candidates. Idiotic that they only count two candidates! I don't know anyone who was for Clinton, and only two who were for Trump, one of whom is kicking himself now!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
My argument is with this posted BS broad-brush statement~ "Originally Posted by michiganmoon
Will you admit that this thread is a fail.

There was zero democratic outrage when Obama would do it.

Hypocrisy."

and I stand 100% by my response to her! To say that there was "zero democratic outrage" over things Obama did is an asinine lie! Many, many of us 'former supporters' vilified him!
Ok, got it. I guess I owe you an apology. I am sorry.

This said,

Many, many of you "former supporters" vilified him? LOL Just because Obama said "my military?"

There are many reasons to dislike Obama or Trump, but demonizing them simply because they said, "my military?" Oh Lord!

Reminds me of some older veterans on military forum. hahahahha

Old 04-19-2017, 09:35 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Ok, got it. I guess I owe you an apology. I am sorry.

This said,

Many, many of you "former supporters" vilified him? LOL Just because Obama said "my military?"

There are many reasons to dislike Obama or Trump, but demonizing them simply because they said, "my military?" Oh Lord!

Reminds me of some older veterans on military forum. hahahahha

Nah, not for that, I never knew he ever said it, IF he did. We vilified him mostly for his deceit about his healthcare mandate, especially for his being an Islamist sympathizer, and being another Bush-like lying phony Christian[not that I wanted him to be a Christian], and other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies