Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 10:08 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I just feel it would be a huge mistake to go to war with Russians.
You are really easily manipulated and frightened.

We're not going to war with Russia.

The whole "President X is going to start WW3" meme has been a regurgitated scare tactic for many many decades.

I still remember Hollywood and various musicians melting down over Reagan who was going to blow up the whole world according to them. Sting, Phil Collins (Land of Confusion) and much much more lol.

Do you not remember this happening over and over?
Or are you really young?

Other meme you get a lot is the claim that they're going to cut social security, that one is used to scare the retirees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 02:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Why are we fighting?
To maintain the Empire and your continued Standard of Living and Life-Style.

Quote:
I just feel it would be a huge mistake to go to war with Russians.
Well, you'll get to see the US & NATO in action against the Russians in about 20-25 years, if things go well.

First, you'll have to pacify Syria (& Yemen) and then you can move onto Iran, then Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan and then you get to play with Russia.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:23 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i will agree with you that war is a terrible idea. warriors go out and do and see things that no person should ever have to see. but there are times when we have to decide is what others are doing even more terrible than war itself?

for instance lets say in 1938 the world just let hitler and hirohito do what ever they wanted, appeased them regardless of the cost to the rest of the world. at that point we then become slaves to those rulers. is that what you would rather have?

personally i like my freedoms, and i would rather have a constitutional republic form of government, rather than a dictatorship. especially one that is as evil as hitler and hirohito, or stalin, or mao would create.

and i certainly dont want a religious caliphate, especially one like that of sharia law.

to that end was is sometimes necessary, and we should fight those wars, preferably on their soil not ours.

in the end i would much prefer to live in peace with the rest of the world. unfortunately that wont happen in my lifetime.
Look just cause someone says they dont want war , does not mean they believe it never needs to done.

Trump and his stirring up of hate, fear friction is exactly the type of leader that leads to big wars with millions dead.

Trump is an ignorant man, he is ramping up the NK and syria is simply in place of real policy. Trump has no polices no plans no ideas. there is no plan, no grand strategy these moves are domestic political tactics.

There is zero chance of a caliphate being setup in the USA with or without any war. And i dont mean this year i mean the next 50 to 100. Muslims are 1% of the US pop and the vast majority have lived here generations and would fight any attempt at a caliphate themselves and beat it by themselves.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Look just cause someone says they dont want war , does not mean they believe it never needs to done.

Trump and his stirring up of hate, fear friction is exactly the type of leader that leads to big wars with millions dead.

Trump is an ignorant man, he is ramping up the NK and syria is simply in place of real policy. Trump has no polices no plans no ideas. there is no plan, no grand strategy these moves are domestic political tactics.

There is zero chance of a caliphate being setup in the USA with or without any war. And i dont mean this year i mean the next 50 to 100. Muslims are 1% of the US pop and the vast majority have lived here generations and would fight any attempt at a caliphate themselves and beat it by themselves.
you assume far too much with this post. how do you know trump has no plans or policies? you are making that assumption because of your blind hate for trump.

you are assuming that there is no chance eve that the US could become a caliphate, but once again you assume far too much. this is why eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. this is why rough men stand at the ready to defend this country so the rest of us can sleep easily at night.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
you assume far too much with this post. how do you know trump has no plans or policies? you are making that assumption because of your blind hate for trump.

you are assuming that there is no chance eve that the US could become a caliphate, but once again you assume far too much. this is why eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. this is why rough men stand at the ready to defend this country so the rest of us can sleep easily at night.
Don't you think if jihadist wanted the USA to become a caliphate, there would be more happening here?

Your post is ripe with signs that you drank the Kool-aide, and dived in head first.

All signs so far, as far as Trump's plans/policies, point to an administration that is acting on impulse, fear mongering and apparently warmongering.

The plans and policies he CAMPAIGNED ON are all by the wayside. If there's ONE thing to be SURE of, is you CAN'T be SURE. This could be a blessing or a curse.

Time will tell.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:33 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
With the USA posturing with Korea and bombing Syria, I'd say the word "war" is often in the news today.

Trump is a lunatic who thinks he can bomb the s-hit out of the planet to assert control.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Don't you think if jihadist wanted the USA to become a caliphate, there would be more happening here?

Your post is ripe with signs that you drank the Kool-aide, and dived in head first.

All signs so far, as far as Trump's plans/policies, point to an administration that is acting on impulse, fear mongering and apparently warmongering.

The plans and policies he CAMPAIGNED ON are all by the wayside. If there's ONE thing to be SURE of, is you CAN'T be SURE. This could be a blessing or a curse.

Time will tell.
Daesh, ISIS, or ISIL want to make war in another country while they oppress the people in their own country.

Trump dropped the biggest bomb short of a nuclear bomb as his first international aggressive move. People like that don't usually go smaller ... what do you think he will do for Act 2?

Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:

One reason why people might think that Trump has no policy is because the governance he is building is contrary the his original platform.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Trump's plan is to authorize the general to do what he sees fit.
Trump cannot envision consequences as he should.
He is like a clown tripping over his shoes and calling pot shots at everyone who sees it.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:05 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
We're not so much "going to war" as removing one of the last (and most malignant) neoplasms of a cancer that was spawned about 180 years ago, by an evil man named Marx, and his successors Lenin and Stalin, and a cousin named Hitler; the objective should be to identify and suppress the ringleaders, neutralize the implements of destruction, and spare any innocents caught in the crossfire -- nothing more, and absolutely nothing less.

Human civilization has, by its own development, attained a stage where all tested democracies recognize that there is nothing to be gained by attempting to settle differences on the battlefield. But the rogues remain, exclusively in places where the dispersal of the fruits of human progress, and the futher Enlightenment it enables, is insufficient to allow the population to recognize what we all have to lose.

If ridding the world of the madness that still flourishes in North Korea isn't a just cause, pray tell what might be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies